PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patrick Peterson Wants Out of Arizona

You would think that every team in the league would put in a call for this guy. Especially the contenders. P2 and Gilmore would be unreal.
Better than Revis and Browner in 2014.

Patrick Peterson to the Patriots makes a lot of sense. For the level of play that he offers he is actually signed to a very reasonable 11m per season contract until the end of 2020. So if we get him we'd actually acquire his services for 2.5 seasons.

Maybe we have to adjust 1 player's contract to make this work but considering we have 5m of cap space, it looks like the Pats legit could make this work if Peterson becomes available.

Look our defense is struggling, having 2 elite corners in Peterson and Gilmore will make everything look a lot better. How often do you have to watch McCourty/#2 corner get burned to see that secondary help would be a very welcome relief?

Here are Peterson's contract details. And for the Cards it makes sense too, they get immediate cap relief and the dead money declines to almost nothing over the next few years.

I know the Cards say they don't want to lose Peterson but that's mostly posturing. They are sitting at 1-6 with almost ZERO chance of making the playoffs. Now is a good time to cash out on Peterson and get some draft picks in return. The smart move is to build for the future cos the present is just nonexistent in Arizona.

It is time to get this done. I’m sick of waiting

Better than Revis and Browner in 2014.
It would pretty easily be the best tandem in the league. Two elite corners who can shut down #1 receivers on a regular basis.

It's a very nice pipe dream, I'll say that. That takes away a team's two best receivers.

Nothing can beat the happiness of Gordon.
Trust me I think Gordon has Top 5 WR potential when right (although he clearly isn't full speed yet) but PP would be much bigger.

He's been a much better player. Playmaker that w leadership qualities. Don't have to worry about him on or off the field.

This only makes sense if you're a contender bc he's 28 but why not. No one is in "win-now" mode more than NE so it makes sense in more than a few ways.

Plus the league would sh it itself.

Trust me I think Gordon has Top 5 WR potential when right (although he clearly isn't full speed yet) but PP would be much bigger.

He's been a much better player. Playmaker that w leadership qualities. Don't have to worry about him on or off the field.

This only makes sense if you're a contender bc he's 28 but why not. No one is in "win-now" mode more than NE so it makes sense in more than a few ways.

Plus the league would sh it itself.

Omg I hope we pull this off, can't believe we're interested, pull the trigger Bill.

We already got Gordon this year. We can’t have another pipe dream come true.

Or can we?????

No.

I can tell you this. My g/f used to work at a bank branch here in Phoenix and PP used to come in all the time. Cool dude. One time the Pats came up and he said yeah he would like playing in NE. This was about 5 years ago, but never said anything cause it wasn’t needed. I like the idea.
Stop bragging about having a girlfriend.

Tempting to think that getting a player like Patrick Peterson would be a tremendous help in covering the likes of Hill, Hunt, Watkins, etc. and then the Rams in a Super Sunday showdown.

I know we change our gameplans on a weekly basis (perhaps more than any team in the league), but Bill's defensive philosophy as a whole puts a lot of pressure on the secondary - to a lesser extent, the LBs. It'd make life way easier for D-Mac/Harmon/Chung/the Will if they had another supremely reliable+physical cover corner.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back