PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Path cleared for Jimmy's return? [SF trades for #3 pick]

Wtf? It’s a fact he has no leverage. He can’t demand anything.
you “ain’t playing” because you have no response because there is no response.
The one thing he can do is spoil the locker room and be a distraction which the 49ers won’t want. Jimmy G isn’t a guy like Fitzpatrick who knows he’s a clip holder once the young guy us ready. Jimmy G wants to start and wouldn’t like the situation in SF. Likely thing will be for them to part ways.

Wtf? It’s a fact he has no leverage. He can’t demand anything.
you “ain’t playing” because you have no response because there is no response.

I want out?! I don’t wanna look behind my shoulder. You already found my replacement. Trade me where i feel wanted. That move was basically saying you have no future here. Think about what the 49ers gave up . What can they do? Fine him? He still will make some money.

You were doing ok until this bit.
In fairness, Mond has the athletic ability and the arm for every throw. The downside is is ability to move through his progression instead of giving in to the urge to take off and run. He’s made some mind numbing mistakes with the ball when he’s had to move off of his first read. He’d be a work in progress and I’m not sure if he would be able to contribute in any meaningful way in year 1.

No team does that. But they could have shed some of the veterans and played some of the young guys. But hey, whatever floats your boat, my man. I hope you look back on those wins fondly as “the worst quarterback in the league” is leading the team next year. Meanwhile, in the division, the Dolphins just committed a heist and have multiple first round picks over the next few seasons. I don’t know about you, but on my death bed, I will look back fondly upon 2020 while telling my Hospice nurse, “those wins against the Jets and the Ravens? You had to have been there. They were... spectacular.” Then I’ll quit breathing and die with a smile on my face knowing that I was alive to see them.
So, you wanted them to give up after 7 games? Good thing you weren't coach of the team in 2001. They were 3-4 with a still unproven qb yet won the Super Bowl. I bet you raged when they still tried that year despite not having a winning record until week 11.

On your death bed, you can look back and enjoy rooting for the best dynasty in NFL history rather than *****ing about a winner of a coach not showing loser mentality by tanking.

Option 1 is the easy answer. Can can win 7 games on a crap roster he can win 8-9 on a good one assuming the kid takes awhile and you have time to develop a real future prospect. Jimmy is the least sure thing of all because we already know he can barely finish a season and we have no clue if he restructures and nobody knows what the Niner’s will demand in a trade. It’s a lot of ifs.
OK so you have no interest in Jimmy and are ok with Cam as the starter with a rookie Qb. Thats fine.

I think he’s paraphrasing what he thinks Jimmy would say to the Niners, not what he’s saying to you. And even then I disagree with him. I think Jimmy has 24 million reasons why he’ll want to go out and prove himself worthy to the next team that wants him. If he’s benched then he’ll have reason to gripe. Until then, he has a starting position at quarterback and is getting paid handsomely to do so. He’ll stick it out I imagine. Rodgers had his replacement drafted last year, and he responded with an MVP season. Jimmy’s not as good but he can still play motivated and see where the chips fall next year.

Jimmy G is not Aaron rodgers though. Rodgers is a top QB and having a backup nipping at his heels just motivated him to play better. like Brady when they drafted Jimmy G.

Jimmy is an above average game manager QB. If they are drafting a guy high this is their future piece. Jimmy G is not.

its more, wouldnt the niners rather get something for Jimmy now than release him next year for nothing? his trade value is only going to go down. teams know at the end of next year niners have to release him, so they wouldnt get much more than a later round pick if that next year.

he maybe can get a higher pick this thyear.

Would you give up our second rounder for him? The problem with this guy is availability.

its more, wouldnt the niners rather get something for Jimmy now than release him next year for nothing? his trade value is only going to go down. teams know at the end of next year niners have to release him, so they wouldnt get much more than a later round pick if that next year.

he maybe can get a higher pick this year.

On top of that, at full strength the niners should be back in position to win now. If jg becomes disgruntled do they really want to waste this year by having a qb not committed or having a $25 m sitting on the bench? It could get very ugly for them if jg ends up wanting out after this.

Kellen Mond. He has very good mechanics but needs work. Good arm and needs time to mature into better decision making. Chris Simms loves him.
I'M OUT

I want out?! I don’t wanna look behind my shoulder. You already found my replacement. Trade me where i feel wanted. That move was basically saying you have no future here. Think about what the 49ers gave up . What can they do? Fine him? He still will make some money.
And when the 49ers say NO we want you here to play until the rookie is ready, what does Jimmy do? What leverage does he have?
Are you seriously telling me you think it’s good for him to sit out another year while his contract tolls and he is back in the same spot next year?
Why would the 49ers care and have to cave? They hold all the cards.

Sure Jimmy wants to be traded but he has no leverage at all to force the 49ers to do anything.

So? They just replaced him.
So they have to pay him $25 million. A holdout will disrupt the lockerroom. He would eventually play after holding out, but it won't help what they are trying to do.

And when the 49ers say NO we want you here to play until the rookie is ready, what does Jimmy do? What leverage does he have?
Are you seriously telling me you think it’s good for him to sit out another year while his contract tolls and he is back in the same spot next year?
Why would the 49ers care and have to cave? They hold all the cards.

Sure Jimmy wants to be traded but he has no leverage at all to force the 49ers to do anything.

What if he gets injured again? What about that? His value will go down either further. There’s not a big market for him right now. That contract would have to reworked. I think bill could give the 49ers a decent offer.

On top of that, at full strength the niners should be back in position to win now. If jg becomes disgruntled do they really want to waste this year by having a qb not committed or having a $25 m sitting on the bench? It could get very ugly for them if jg ends up wanting out after this.

Jimmy G has a legit chance of being relegated to the bench next year if he stays. This isnt Aaron Rodgers who has no threat of being replaced. And its not Fitzpatrick in Miami who is happy to be a clip board guy.

this is a 29 year old QB who has seen success in the league, and actually is pretty good. just very injury prone.

The one thing he can do is spoil the locker room and be a distraction which the 49ers won’t want. Jimmy G isn’t a guy like Fitzpatrick who knows he’s a clip holder once the young guy us ready. Jimmy G wants to start and wouldn’t like the situation in SF. Likely thing will be for them to part ways.

You really think the career move for Jimmy is to destroy a locker room?

If the 49ers don’t want to trade him then they want to play him until the rookie is ready. So he starts the season as the starter making 24 million and having the opportunity to have a great season and get a huge contract as a free agent next year.
Instead you think he should tell his team FU I am entitled to my job without competition and I will destroy your locker room so you can cut me and I can go make less money and have a damaged reputation.

why?

What if he gets injured again? What about that? His value will go down either further. There’s not a big market for him right now. That contract would have to reworked. I think bill could give the 49ers a decent offer.
Which part of this are you having a hard time understanding?
Of course he would like to get traded.
If the 48ers do not want to trade him, he has no leverage to force their hand.

listing all the reasons Jimmy wants to be traded doesn’t answer to the fact he has no leverage.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back