PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Path cleared for Jimmy's return? [SF trades for #3 pick]

This team is likely looking at rolling with cam newton unless jimmy plays hardball and demands a trade.
How does Jimmy play hard ball? What if they say fu Jimmy we arent trading you. What is his hardball response?

This has to be one of the worst trades I’ve ever seen in my life. Given this is the #3 pick and they don’t know what NYJ will do, for SF to do this they’re essentially saying 2-3 QBs not named Trevor Lawrence have perennial Pro Bowler written on them. Yikes.

This team is likely looking at rolling with cam newton unless jimmy plays hardball and demands a trade.
I don’t know. Why would Bill go on a spending spree like we’ve never seen only to have Cam under centre who can’t throw? Why pay big bucks for Algholar, Henry, and Jonuu to have Cam throwing to them. With Cam we are a run heavy team. I think Bill gave him a weak deal just so we had somebody familiar just in case we couldn’t get Jimmy. If we don’t get Jimmy we move up and draft a guy like Jones and Cam is there til Jones is ready. Cam ain’t the answer.

If the 49ers want him off their books and Jimmy wants to come back to NE than that means Belichick is holding double Aces and the 49ers are holding a 3 and a 7. Offer our 3rd plus conditional pick next year depending how he does.
We're getting a conditional next year?

Hey... did everyone enjoy those monumental wins against the Jets and the Ravens in 2020? Those were some wins, eh? I have good news - you get to see more of Cam in 2021 as well. Either that, or a few games of Jimmy G before he goes on the shelf.
I loved the win over the Ravens at the time. I hate those birds.

I don’t know. Why would Bill go on a spending spree like we’ve never seen only to have Cam under centre who can’t throw? Why pay big bucks for Algholar, Henry, and Jonuu to have Cam throwing to them. With Cam we are a run heavy team. I think Bill gave him a weak deal just so we had somebody familiar just in case we couldn’t get Jimmy. If we don’t get Jimmy we move up and draft a guy like Jones and Cam is there til Jones is ready. Cam ain’t the answer.

Who’s out there besides jimmy?

We're getting a conditional next year?
Not what I meant. We give 49ers a pick but the spot of the pick is conditional on how Jimmy does. Ex. Jimmy plays 16 games and makes pro bowl = 2nd. Jimmy plays 8 games or less = 5th

I loved the win over the Ravens at the time. I hate those birds.
I do too. But I like either having a QBOTF or a **** ton of draft picks by some desperate team to move up and draft their QB. We just chillin’ at 15 though. I think we should hang two banners - one for each win against the Jets and one for the win against the Ravens. HUGE wins. I’m even tempted to rank them above our Super Bowl wins. Aliens in Alpha Centauri heard about these wins.

I ain’t playing. Screw you.
Wtf? It’s a fact he has no leverage. He can’t demand anything.
you “ain’t playing” because you have no response because there is no response.

That beats losing on purpose.
Hmmmm.....
To get to the 3rd pick..........

3 #1's
or
3 less wins in a shorthanded pandemic season with no fans

Tough call
Cam's QB sneaks did bring tingles up my leg and his 3 completions to TEs were joyous occasions

Last edited:
So it looks like:

Likely to take QB

Jags at 1
Jets at 2
49ers at 3
Panthers at 8

May take QB

Falcons at 4
Broncos at 9

Teams that may try to jump ahead of us

Washington at 19
Bears at 20

If we want Fields or Lance (whichever one 49ers don’t take) we would have to target the Bengals at 5 depending what the Falcons do. That would be multiple 1sts to jump that high. If we want Mac Jones we may need to jump up inside top 10 to ensure other teams can’t jump ahead of us.

CBS just mocked Denver trading up to 4 to take Lance. Falcons fall back to 9 and then trade the 9th to the Pats for our 1st and 2nd and we take Mac Jones at 9.

So to get one of the top 5 we likely need to get inside the top 10. Or we go after Jimmy G and save our top picks.
No.
Jones could just fall to #15.

Wait. Jimmy surely can wish he gets traded. But he has no leverage to demand a trade. If they don’t want to trade him what is he going to do?
I guess he doesn't have leverage but usually when things are in all parties interests it works out. Still think he gets cut in the end.

How does Jimmy play hard ball? What if they say fu Jimmy we arent trading you. What is his hardball response?

its more, wouldnt the niners rather get something for Jimmy now than release him next year for nothing? his trade value is only going to go down. teams know at the end of next year niners have to release him, so they wouldnt get much more than a later round pick if that next year.

he maybe can get a higher pick this year.

Wtf? It’s a fact he has no leverage. He can’t demand anything.
you “ain’t playing” because you have no response because there is no response.
I think he’s paraphrasing what he thinks Jimmy would say to the Niners, not what he’s saying to you. And even then I disagree with him. I think Jimmy has 24 million reasons why he’ll want to go out and prove himself worthy to the next team that wants him. If he’s benched then he’ll have reason to gripe. Until then, he has a starting position at quarterback and is getting paid handsomely to do so. He’ll stick it out I imagine. Rodgers had his replacement drafted last year, and he responded with an MVP season. Jimmy’s not as good but he can still play motivated and see where the chips fall next year.

We need to step back and take a deep reality check.

Right now all 5 QB's are likely to go in the 8 picks. My guess is that Miami moved back to 6 in order to sell it again to a panicked buyer looking to grab either lance or Jones and get value for their move, OR to grab Pitts or Chase both of whom are impact receivers. Either way, this only proves Flow wasn't sleeping when he watched Bill move up and down the draft. They are manipulating the draft like champs.

The fact of the matter is that at this point JG is no long the answer to anyone's QB question, not even ours. Just too many questions about just how good he is. Right now JG is just an over paid RECLAIMATION project. Someone you give a future 3rd or 4th for with the understanding they will be renegotiating that big contract.

At the time we did SF a favor trading him for "just a 2nd" 3 and a half years later. I'd like to think SF will do us the favor and trade him back for a mid round pick that could go up to a 2nd or 3rd based on playing time. Anything more would be ludicrous. I'm thinking we trade him for our lowest 2021 4th and a 2022 conditional pick that would run between a 6th a 3rd. That would be true value IMHO
Agreed brother. Lawrence, Wilson, Fields & Lance are all going top 5. And Miami could get a haul for Jones at 6 and still end up with one of the big 4 (Pitts, Chase, Waddle, Smith)

Same on Jimmy. Harry & 3rd or 4th. Certainly not overpaying with a cheap Cam.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back