PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PatFanKen Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They actually have a pretty good young nucleus thanks to finally putting together a few good drafts, which has been key. Injuries absolutely hurt them this year, and I think the Marcus Jones one was tough because he could have at least given them some added speed on offense, which they're obviously missing. Not to mention their depth on defense.

I think the biggest mistake was also banking on Parker to be more than he is. He's a guy who looks like he's working his butt off one game, only to look like he's going through the motions during the next. Curious to see how he performs with Zappe ... again, I don't think he and Mac were ever on the same page.

I think their biggest mistake was in not getting a veteran QB last offseason. Bringing in Gardner Minshew could have given them some semblance of a pro offense.

I think their biggest mistake was in not getting a veteran QB last offseason. Bringing in Gardner Minshew could have given them some semblance of a pro offense.
Nah. The way their luck has run he would’ve gotten hurt in the first game, and we’d be back to Corky.

Nah. The way their luck has run he would’ve gotten hurt in the first game, and we’d be back to Corky.

I still think it was a mistake going with Jones and Zappe as your QB’s with no one with experience behind them.

M problem with this is that it is extremely rare for them to have as high a pick as they will have this year, so the price they would have to pay to move will be exponentially higher down the road. And with a defense this good I doubt they will be back to a to 5 pick for a while.
You are right I was saying if they somehow fell out of the top five which I don't think is possible. So I agree in this case if they can get a qb go for it. It still doesn't guarantee he will be good, but it is the best you can do.

I'm going to keep an eye out for that now. I can't blame them either, but that's depressing nonetheless.

I hear ya. My wife has actually started to join me more on Sundays. I'm pretty calm when I watch games these days, not getting excited for bad or great plays. It's weird what divesting your emotions does to your fan experience. It's akin to a lobotomy.

This team is as mentally checked out as a team can possibly be. I didn't watch today's game and don't plan to watch any more games this season.

I only hope that Kraft has the balls to push back against BB and strip him of his GM duties. If BB threatens to resign or move on as a result, so be it.

^there‘s the problem. The site has turned into a battleground among religious factions.

that view right there is intolerant of anyone who might take a balanced view and see both good and bad points about Bill, or Mac, or Kraft, or BOB.

there‘s no room for discussion, it’s all rhetoric and argument and rebuttal. Even in this thread Venecol’s responses such as when Ashley was still here come across as trying to win an argument not to discuss and reach an understanding. I’m not surprised that has driven Ken away from composing his insightful analyses.

there was some of that all along, with the Team Bill vs. Team Tom false dichotomy, but as long as the Team Patriots had wins to talk about there was room for those of us who really don’t subscribe to that false dichotomy. Now that the wins have gone away there’s not much room for positive discussion. And there are a limited number of ways to say BiLl MuSt Go! before it devolves to uninteresting noise.

i figure Ken is probably not here for the same reason I’m not here as much these days: there’s not much interesting here.
I’d like to disagree if I may. I’ve been lurking here since the Kffl days ( think that’s what is was called) And all those years of winning was great, lots fell into place with this organization. Now that we are “ass” … nothing but up and onwards !! This is going to be fun I feel. Been a fan for 40 plus years , that’s nuts in itself. Spent way too much time and energy over the last few years to be the best .. even though I didn’t do a damned thing. Had season tickets for ten years , lots of tailgating drinking late nights. The pleasure this team gave to me, my friends , family , can’t repay those memories. Other than the Yankees and Canadians, no fan base ever gone what we went through. And if you too young to miss the whole “down, then up , then down , then dominance to back down” well .. it was quite a ride. I’m so looking forward to how it’s going to change and evolve to the next story. There are more than half the NFL teams who haven’t won the big game … I think this rebuild and the future is gonna be fun. Losing sucks, but sooo looking forward to start winning again..!!

GO PATS!!!!

Anyone remember this offseason when @patfanken and @Ring 6 argued that Bill purposely brought in Patricia, knowing he’d fail, resulting in a limited tenure, as a 4D chess move so he could bring in Bill O’Brien? All part of the master plan.

Ahh... here is where you show your true colors. You want it both ways. The Patriots got rid of a player who made one of the biggest boneheaded plays of these past 4 years & what do posters like you have to say? It usually goes like this - Belichick's an idiot. He got rid of their best receiver.

Team building is not easy and unlike some of you, I've given Belichick a lot of leeway. While I do think he really messed up this year, including signing JSS to replace the bonehead, he has made some good moves (drafting Douglas & Gonzalez, re-signing Peppers, etc) that just aren't going to help this year & that's mostly due to injuries. Injuries can really mess up any team. I think about how much better they'd be if they had injured players like Judon, Gonzalez, Bourne & Marcus Jones available. Heck, even Isaiah Bolden looked good before that horrific injury & I have to wonder how that affected the team. That was a scary injury.
True colors? I wanted Bill gone last year. Now I want him fired before the eos for losing to ****ing Staley. That's beyond embarrassing. All teams look forward to playing the Pats for an easy win. Bill has managed to drive this once proud franchise into a ditch. How's that for true colirs, just in case there's any doubts.

^there‘s the problem. The site has turned into a battleground among religious factions.

that view right there is intolerant of anyone who might take a balanced view and see both good and bad points about Bill, or Mac, or Kraft, or BOB.

there‘s no room for discussion, it’s all rhetoric and argument and rebuttal. Even in this thread Venecol’s responses such as when Ashley was still here come across as trying to win an argument not to discuss and reach an understanding. I’m not surprised that has driven Ken away from composing his insightful analyses.

there was some of that all along, with the Team Bill vs. Team Tom false dichotomy, but as long as the Team Patriots had wins to talk about there was room for those of us who really don’t subscribe to that false dichotomy. Now that the wins have gone away there’s not much room for positive discussion. And there are a limited number of ways to say BiLl MuSt Go! before it devolves to uninteresting noise.

i figure Ken is probably not here for the same reason I’m not here as much these days: there’s not much interesting here.
You want discussion?

OK, who was a worse 1st round draft pick:

Kenneth Sims
Mac Jones
RLKAG

Let’s just name names: venecol, sb1, captain stone, TheRainMaker
Yo, I made it!!!!!!!!!

I'd like to thank my mom and dad for making me. My cousin Maria Eugenia for not telling anyone about what we did in that dark cave when we were 16. My immigration attorney for succesfully fighting my deportation. And Ken, for the last few seasons of hilarious content.

This is horseshit. You, like a number of other posters here, were crapping all over them while they were good, and you give Belichick no credit for their success, and made that clear just a week or so ago. There are people who were supportive of them while they were successful and are now critical of them as they fail, and that’s completely reasonable, but do’t try to paint yourself and those like you as part of a reasonable contingent of fans here.
I'm in the anti-Belichick, anti-Mac group if that wasn't clear.

You like being an ******* simply for the sake of being an *******, so don’t try to pretend otherwise.
You see an *******, you kiss his ass. Lol

You want discussion?

OK, who was a worse 1st round draft pick:

Kenneth Sims
Mac Jones
RLKAG
Mac by far although Ken was #1 overall and didn't live up to it

Anyone remember this offseason when @patfanken and @Ring 6 argued that Bill purposely brought in Patricia, knowing he’d fail, resulting in a limited tenure, as a 4D chess move so he could bring in Bill O’Brien? All part of the master plan.
No one said that but you know that.

I don’t know of anyone who thinks this team is any good. That doesn’t mean however that there aren’t parts worth keeping. The defense,, were it paired with a decent offense, is clearly playoff caliber, and that’s even without Judon and Gonzalez. There are a few Ol worth keeping, Stevenson and Elliott are worth keeping, for now at least, and I like Demario Douglas, and would try to find out if Thornton can play with a real WB, especially since he costs next to nothing. That said the team is unwatchable, and Belichick bears full responsibility for that. I would take personnel away from him, and let him walk if he doesn’t agree to it.
Judon will be 32 next year coming off a serious injury, I wouldn't count on him

Remember when Ken called Bill a QB whisperer? Good times.

I'd venture to guess that after seeing the QBs, the QB whisperer put on the field, Ken decided to quietly fade away.

the-simpsons-homer-simpson.gif

"To all the haters and so-called 'fans' spreading negativity about the Patriots' 2023 season, let me set the record straight! We faced challenges, but real fans know it's part of the game. Our loyalty runs deep, and we support our team through thick and thin. If you can't handle the setbacks, maybe you should find another team to 'support.' Don't come at us with your negativity and doubt. We're gearing up for a stronger 2024, and the real fans know the journey to success is not always smooth. #PatriotsNation #TrueFans #InBelichickWeTrust "

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST