PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Passing of the tourch.

Brady's stats may look bad but we handed off inside the 5 yard line like, what, 3 times for a TD? He doesn't get credit for it but he is sure as **** the reason we got there
its because he's not good at passing anymore and threw a really stupid pick earlier in the game. The chiefs D gave up rushing yards in chunks, the hoodie made the right call. I wouldn't let brady throw the ball.

I think he has physical gifts that Brady has never possessed but I think mentally he is very close to brady and next year will probably be at his level. Again nothing against Brady but this game was a passing of the torch QB wise, the bigger deal here was how well you were coached, that is what won the game, not the QB. Hell Alex Smith could of played that game and won against us the way you were coached. Sort of reminded me of the year Peyton won the SB when he was a shell of what he was. Brady isn't the reason you guys with this year, the Hoodie is the reason. Again good game.
Sorry man I like Mahomes but you can't say any torch was passed when Brady took us down the field in the 4th quarter and OT to win the game and send us to our 3rd SB in a row. Maybe next year but as of now Brady still has the torch and will smack the **** out of Patty Mahomes if he tries to take it again

Again no salty, no issues just being pragmatic about it, you guys as a team looked really good tonight and what I was most impressed with was your coaching, absolutely out coached us for sure. But just watching the game live you could easily see that the torch was passed at QB. Don't worry we will take good care of it. Again good game fellas
The Colts have their participation banners, the Chiefs have their feel-good torch.
Congrats and enjoy

Edit: And if there ever is a next time for Mahomes and KC, considering lighting this torch in the 1st half.
Just a suggestion

Last edited:
just watching the game live you could easily see that the torch was passed at QB.
That's just a silly fantasy -- far from "rational" -- conjured to make yourself feel better.

I think he has physical gifts that Brady has never possessed but I think mentally he is very close to brady and next year will probably be at his level. Brady isn't the reason you guys with this year, the Hoodie is the reason. Again good game.
Now you're d0ubling down on stuff that has no basis in reality. Better quit or change your screen name to Irrational Chiefs Fan, because that's what you're demonstrating.

its because he's not good at passing anymore and threw a really stupid pick earlier in the game. The chiefs D gave up rushing yards in chunks, the hoodie made the right call. I wouldn't let brady throw the ball.
Lol it's alright man I'd be pretty pissed if I was you, too. New England was supposed to suck on the road and Brady was supposed to be washed up and yet here we are again watching the same story play out like another Batman movie. Just when you think Brady's dead he's drinking coffee at a French café with Ernie Adams watching in the distance

Mahomes had a truly remarkable season, and earned his MVP.

With that said, I wouldn't be too quick to the trigger on any career labels. Nobody saw 2008 for Brady after 2007. Gannon and Esiason had MVP seasons, but are not in the Hall of Fame. If health, personnel and personal drive are there, then maybe he is the future. Those are really big if's.

In professional sports, especially a contact sport like football, I wouldn't be quick to look past the season and the ability to put a collection of great years together. If you need a cautionary tale on the uber kid who comes out of nowhere to shock the world, see local product Mark "The Bird" Fidrych. 22 year old All Star and Rookie of the Year with a 19-9 record, #2 in Cy Young voting, 2.34 ERA. Next year tore his knee, done in five seasons having never repeated that success.

What makes Brady the greatest is greatness over time. Others will grab the great years, but fortune tellers trying to call the future have repeatedly failed in calling his end, let alone the identity of those who will come to replace him. I like Mahomes, and I wish him well because he does seem to be a decent kid and is fun to watch, but I wouldn't be so quick to anoint him the future of anything just yet.
Right, health makes a difference and if his career is gone in a few years because of injury then it is what it is. But going into next year counting this year as his rookie year no one in the history of football has had a rookie year anywhere close to this, I mean its not like he had a good year or a great year, he had the single best year EVER in the history of the NFL for a rookie season QB. Look its not that I'm saying something bad, your team is changing from a team that Brady was the main reason you were good to a team that is squeaking by because the Hoodie is really ramping up his schematics on both offense and defense.

The torch was clearly passed tonight but it doesn't take away from your win, good luck in the SB.

So if you look at the thread I started I pretty much called this game right on with a 34-31 Pats win. Obviously looking at the game it could of been a toss up either way coming down to that last minute and then a coin flip. But to the Pats credit they won and are off to the super bowl.

BUT in watching the game live it just looked like the torch as been passed. Mahomes looks much better and more well rounded, can make all the throws and keeps a very level head. I think he has a lot of Brady intelligence with the farve or rogers arm talent. Our Defense is just awful, I mean like "All Time Historic Bad" defenses to ever play football. We all thought Berry would help but really did nothing to help.

But just couldn't help watching Brady dink and dunk down the field for most of the evening that his time is about done. Watching Mahomes shows you what the future of the NFL will be for the next 15 plus years. I'm glad Brady gets his one last swan song and we will see what he does in the super bowl, I think you have just as good a chance beating them as you did us so your odds look good.

But to most people around the country ( the QB cannot control defense) it was a pretty easy to see passing of the torch. Mahomes will carry it well into the next 15 years and thanks for a good game guys.

not so fast my friend.

24 points in the 4th quarter. Very well may have won the game in OT had the coin bounced differently. Big fan of Mahomes' game and expect him to get even better.

But that's for later. No torch was passed. Not tonight at least. The NFL's Final Boss moves on. As he tends to do. It's crazy, I know. Guy put his team in the SB three straight times since turning thirty-freaking-nine.

Regards,
Chris
It was clearly passed at QB but not as a team yet..... yet...… good luck in the SB.

Of course you wouldn't let Brady throw the ball; you want the Chiefs to win.

Otherwise that might be the stupidest thing that I've ever seen posted on this website, and believe me that is saying something.

he's not good at passing anymore and threw a really stupid pick earlier in the game. The chiefs D gave up rushing yards in chunks, the hoodie made the right call. I wouldn't let brady throw the ball.

laughing and pointing .jpg

Keep dreaming. Reality will hit soon enough.

I think the coaching has become much better over the last year and a half for the Pats, I mean opening day last year with Alex Smith we absolutely destroyed the Pats and a couple years before that they were so bad that they benched brady with a blowout win.

My biggest credit is for the coaching the last year and a half, that has been the difference maker. Brady's passing, rushing game, defense etc is just ok but they are coached up perfect. Like taking a bunch of C+ students and convincing them that they are A+ and giving it all they have. Its very impressive.

Again, good luck in the SB

We’ll see. We hear this with every young QB who comes up the ranks. He has a lot of talent but . . .
No QB has ever done what he has done in his rookie year, ever.... his main issue will be health, other than that he will have pretty much every record there is one day ( again health is the biggest issue)

The Colts have their participation banners, the Chiefs have their feel-good torch.
Congrats and enjoy

Edit: And if there ever is a next time for Mahomes and KC, considering lighting this torch in the 1st half.
Just a suggestion
thank you!

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes