PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Packers interview Jim Caldwell, Chuck Pagano for HC

Wtf was that?
Outsmarting yourself, not hard to do in indy. You should see what happens when the equipment guy forgets to buy velcro shoes.

epicfail.0.gif

This never gets old. I want a screen saver version

eeeeewwwwww

It’s even crazier to figure out why they snapped that. You’d sooner figure out the riddle of the Sphinx and Pythagorean math

It’s even crazier to figure out why they snapped that. You’d sooner figure out the riddle of the Sphinx and Pythagorean math
The guy (Whalen, maybe?) who snapped the ball claims that the rulebook states that once someone lines up under center the ball must be snapped in this situation. I don’t think he’s correct, but he’s a Stanford grad and he interpreted things a certain way, so more power to him, I suppose. I don’t think Whalen was supposed to be on the field as a snapper, but the guy who had been practicing all week got hurt at the last minute, so Whalen was forced into the role.

The rest of the team claims that they were trying to catch the Pats off guard with a too many men on the field penalty and that they never intended on snapping the ball. That’s according to the punter McAfee, who says that they practiced it “7-10x” throughout the week with the idea that they would catch them with an extra man or force them to take a timeout.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back