PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Packers interview Jim Caldwell, Chuck Pagano for HC

Why is he so bad? Nearly went 19-0 with the Colts and took Detroit to the playoffs twice. Was OC during the Ravens Super Bowl run with Flacco playing at an amazing level. I think he’d be a very solid hire and be a good coach for Darnold. He had Stafford playing well post Calvin Johnson.

He’s not bad, he’s just mediocre. Maintained a loaded colts squad the first year, then got noticeably worse the 2nd year and bottomed out without Manning year 3. Just to put in perspective the year without Brady, BB maintained to an 11-5 record.

In Detroit, again solid year 1 but years 2-4 pretty much averaged an 8-8 season.

Strong talk on the forums of the possibility of Joe Philbin keeping the gig he has ties with Caldwell and Pagano.
Maybe they are interviewing them for assistant and coordinator position they could also be getting more intimate info about Philbin as a head coach by interviewing his previous staff.
Who knows at this point

epicfail.0.gif

Piguano? Why? Why ever? Caldwell falls under the Marvin Lewis Paradigm so I can at least fathom that thinking...but Piguano? C'mon man...

Sounds like McCarthy isn’t the real issue.

I’m guessing Rich Kotite is next.

Caldwell's record in the NFL: 62-50 (.554) regular season, 2-4 (.333) playoffs. As Joker says, in the Marvin Lewis mold, but at least he's won a playoff game, something which Marvin has failed to do in the 50 or so seasons he's been head coach of the Bungles. Caldwell has been around long enough to establish his identity. He's neither bad nor good, he's average, and I would not be happy if he were under consideration for Pats head coach after Belichick retired.

Last edited:
Are they still planning on pursuing saban?

Maybe you get should look at the Syracuse coach instead.

Careful with your step guys (& gals),

my doggo left a Pagano on the sidewalk up ahead.

44752032-stock-vector-a-cartoon-illustration-of-a-beagle-pooping-.jpg

Caldwell IMO isn’t that bad of a coach. He brings stability and will work with Rodgers. He got a raw deal in Detroit (fired after a winning record) and they got a worse record in return. I guess the front office got tired of winning

Caldwell's record in the NFL: 62-50 (.554) regular season, 2-4 (.333). As Joker says, in the Marvin Lewis mold, but at least he's won a playoff game, something which Marvin has failed to do in the 50 or so seasons he's been head coach of the Bungles. Caldwell has been around long enough to establish his identity. He's neither bad nor good, he's average, and I would not be happy if he were under consideration for Pats head coach after Belichick retired.

If we’re being honest Peyton Manning won those playoff games in 09.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back