PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Outrage Du Jour - NYDN Editor Wishes Career Ending Injury on Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koma

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
This was a tweet from Joseph Barracto, an assignment editor (and Broncos fan) with the NY Daily News:

CUIg9nwUYAA4R0t.jpg

He deleted the tweet, but hasn't given any explanation for it. I wonder if there are any professional consequences for publicly wishing injury on a NFL player.

People, in general, have become unhinged about Brady and the Patriots. I know there was no social media then, but I don't remember hearing or reading any stories about Detroit journalists wishing Jordan would get injured in the late 80s and early 90s. Some of them might have, but they were smart enough to keep those thoughts private.

I think you are grasping to straws here. He means Brady needs to end his football career himself soon, so that he can model for GQ. He didn't mean someone needs to injure Brady and end his career.

Last edited:
One thing for a reporter/columnist (Doyel, Klis, Myers, Hubbuch, Salguero, etc) to say something asking for violent injury against a third party, pandering to the masses in a marketing ploy to generate clicks/readership.

It is a whole other realm of nefarious misdeed when this is done by an editor of one of the larger newspapers in the country.

Edit: "someone has to end his career soon" is asking for somebody to inflict career-ending injury upon a player.

It is not a case of asking a professional athlete to retire and proceed with his next career.

Google "barracato brady" and you'll see a significant number of tweets from this douche which are derogatory re: Brady.

I think you are grasping to straws here. He means Brady needs to end his football career himself so that he can model for GQ. He didn't mean someone needs to injure Brady and end his career.
I can't tell if this comment is brilliant satire or just full of yeesh.

I think you are grasping to straws here. He means Brady needs to end his football career himself soon, so that he can model for GQ. He didn't mean someone needs to injure Brady and end his career.
Look at post #5.

B8zx0_VCUAAwuH1.jpg

It's amazing how much time and energy the Jets, Bills, and most of the rest of the league focus on us. I don't give a **** about them unless we're playing them this week.

If you're a Jets fan, you have very little to be happy about, so it's understandable that you'd go negative and wish injuries upon others and all sorts of sub-human ********. Your life is ****ing miserable. I get it.

And they know injuries are the only way they can try to level the playing field, because when it comes to brains, guts, and talent, they have absolutely zero hope.

Loser fanbases can obsess over us all they want. They have nothing else to look forward to.

I hated A-Rod, Ray Lewis, Kobe, etc....the usual gang of villains.

I don't think I've ever wished career-ending injury on any of those people. Much more satisfying to beat them while they're still playing, and also have them remain in the spotlight and embarrass themselves.

Google "barracato brady" and you'll see a significant number of tweets from this douche which are derogatory re: Brady.

I guess I take my comments back, didn't google his earlier posts about Tom.

Yeah I would get into trouble replying to that twitter account.

I hated A-Rod, Ray Lewis, Kobe, etc....the usual gang of villains.

I don't think I've ever wished career-ending injury on any of those people. Much more satisfying to beat them while they're still playing, and also have them remain in the spotlight and embarrass themselves.

I'm in the wrong here but only players in my life I wished actually got hurt were Bill Laimbeer and Ulf Samulesson.

Wishing Brady has a career ending injury is pathetic.

I hadn't thought of that. Here's a page of his Brady related tweets going back a year:

@joebarracato brady - Twitter Search

Not very complimentary at all.

Wow, that is unreal.

Considering he is a "professional" journalist, this guy is in serious need of psychiatric help to deal with his obsession.

On this note, even seeing Manning going out via "injury" is anti climactic. I want him to be fully healthy and just suck ass for his last years in the league

and you guys didn't believe that Goodell and his NY cronies didn't have it in for the Pats since he was voted in as Commush in 2006...pretty clear by the level of frustration and overt hatred that this "destroy the Pats at all costs" has created that there is no reasonable recourse but a complete flush of NFL offices. Everyone currently associated with 354 Park Ave must be replaced...either by independent caretakers or NFL professionals with zero ties to this scum ridden NY sewer.

No doubt that Joe Barracato is one of legion NY media scum...yellow journalists of the lowest order.

I'm sure his kids that he puts up on his Twitter page are very proud of him.

(Actually, I was going to post that picture, but I'm not a Joseph Barracato).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes