• QB is better, OL is worse

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • QB is worse, OL is better

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • QB and OL are both worse

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, we'll no doubt find out who goes where tomorrow night, and time will tell how they all do.
I'm feeling like McCarthy is going to be our QB.. had a chance to hear him talk and I'm sold.

This isn't true at all. And there's too many HOF'ers like Brady and Mahomes who sat and developed a year or longer to say it's true. Even lesser guys, Jordan Love wasn't ready to start as a rookie.

There's an outcome you haven't considered, they build a bad azz team around Brissett and he plays really well. See Jared Goff in Detroit, it starts with the O-Line. Nobody is talking about Goff being replaced by Hendon Hooker anymore. I wouldn't play any rookie QB if I didn't need him. I'd sit Maye or McCarthy for the year regardless, develop them... make them great.

They're not quitting, I don't see that at all.

They need to draft well and burn some cash on the remaining free agents it will take to get to 90 for camp. They can improve the team a lot tomorrow and beyond.
I've said all along, they are not looking to tank I'm 2024.. they've already been doing that organically the last 2 seasons. The unused cap space likely is going to used to extend a tee Higgins or AJ brown via trade.

I also see something getting done with Barmore, Bentley and peppers. Those guys are a must to retain.

The 2024 Patriots haven’t played a single game yet.
The Jets and Miami are 1 and 2 or 2 and 1 in the AFCE. Why?

Rodgers is the best QB in this division and the Jets have a good defense. Miami has the best WR corps in this division and can score points being the 2nd ranked 2023 offense.

Buffalo is 3rd because they still have Josh Allen. 8 or 9 wins is certainly doable despite all their personnel losses on both sides of the ball.

That leaves the 4th place to the team with no QB other than Brisset and no WRs other than Bourne who be WR3 in Miami.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1

Rodgers is the best QB in this division and the Jets have a good defense. Miami has the best WR corps in this division and can score points being the 2nd ranked 2023 offense.

Buffalo is 3rd because they still have Josh Allen. 8 or 9 wins is certainly doable despite all their personnel losses on both sides of the ball.

That leaves the 4th place to the team with no QB other than Brisset and no WRs other than Bourne who be WR3 in Miami.
Patriots and jets have the best defenses in the AFC East.. piss poor QB play is what has held them back...

Patriots get "moderate " to "marginal " play at the QB position they will be a tough out each week.

Rodgers has had a HOF career how is 40 and coming off a serious injury.

He has to go up against our defense 2x a season. What will happen when tee Higgins is burning DBs on the outside or AJ?..

I'd like to think wolf is at least smart enough to know he can't enter week 1 with no LT or # 1 WR..

Patriots and jets have the best defenses in the AFC East.. piss poor QB play is what has held them back...

Patriots get "moderate " to "marginal " play at the QB position they will be a tough out each week.

He has to go up against our defense 2x a season. What will happen when tee Higgins is burning DBs on the outside or AJ?..

I'd like to think wolf is at least smart enough to know he can't enter week 1 with no LT or # 1 WR..
Higgins is a possession WR. His yards per catch hover around 10 yards.

The Pats need a deep threat who you double team. Like Diggs, Hill, etc. Marvin Harrison Jr has been talked about @ # 3 and his YPC is 18 yards last season.

Higgins is a possession WR. His yards per catch hover around 10 yards.

The Pats need a deep threat who you double team. Like Diggs, Hill, etc. Marvin Harrison Jr has been talked about @ # 3 and his YPC is 18 yards last season.
Tee is such. He's the guy when chase is doubled making all the plays on the outside.. go back to the AFCCG when they went to the SB he was the guy making plays in crunch time. He goes up and gets it out the sky.. he's attainable so is AJ..

Miami and Buffalo have only gotten weaker this offseason, we’ll see what they do in the draft. But they have only gotten worse so far…

Everyone said the Jets were a SB contender last year… what happened, and what’s going to be different this time?

The Pat’s future is ahead of them… they need to draft well.

This ^

They have 8 draft picks and the most cap space available to outbid anyone for any UDFA’s services. They need 3 starters.

This ^

They have 8 draft picks and the most cap space available to outbid anyone for any UDFA’s services. They need 3 starters.
Yes! We have a opportunity to grab our QB wich it feels more than likely is McCarthy..

So QB, LT, WR ( by trade) I believe is all available to us today. I'll say I love the pressure of the last fee seasons being on the organization it's basically a must this draft goes right ✅

Yes! We have a opportunity to grab our QB wich it feels more than likely is McCarthy..

So QB, LT, WR ( by trade) I believe is all available to us today. I'll say I love the pressure of the last fee seasons being on the organization it's basically a must this draft goes right ✅
I think they can get all three players in the draft, no need for a trade. The tackle class is deep. Take those three positions with the first three picks and they should be fine, they’re picking at the top of the draft.

I’m rooting for this front office, I think they’ve assembled a good team of coaches and player personnel guys… hopefully I’m correct. They can’t clench up if the draft goes sideways.

Tee is such. He's the guy when chase is doubled making all the plays on the outside.. go back to the AFCCG when they went to the SB he was the guy making plays in crunch time. He goes up and gets it out the sky.. he's attainable so is AJ..
Without Jmarr Chase T Highins is a JAG.

Another Bourne.

I'm feeling like McCarthy is going to be our QB.. had a chance to hear him talk and I'm sold.
I like him a lot, but I hope he's matured since leaving his teammates high and dry in a press conference after his only loss in his career. Pats' last highly drafted guy only lost once in college as a starter as well. At least he handled it better... or maybe he didn't... maybe one wants to see someone so pissed off they'd leave the presser. Or maybe this is stuff that highly just doesn't matter at all as we're Judon hours away from the draft.

Side note - Mac after his only loss in college seems so different here than at any point I've seen him with the Pats... With the Pats, he seemed like a robot. Obv in retrospect, it was a terrible situation and fit. I'm guessing he'll be in the league for a while, even though I was never high on the guy.

If we're judging the OL and QB as of today, prior to the draft, then:

- QB play will be improved. Brissett handles pressure better and doesn't turn the ball over, so those things alone = better. The offensive coaching staff will be a lot better, resulting in better QB play. Our WR's are better with Parker replaced by Osborn, and Douglas no longer a rookie, also resulting in better QB play. And our OL will be more solid with more normal injury luck, also resulting in better QB play.

- OL: fewer injuries and a professional OL coaching staff will mean a better OL performance. I like our interior OL with Strange, Andrews, and Sow. Onwenu for a full year at RT will make a difference. At LT it was time for Trent to go, and we have 4 vets with decent talent to compete for that job (Okorafor, Anderson, McDermott, Wheatley).

Without Jmarr Chase T Highins is a JAG.

Another Bourne.
I am not a fan of getting THigs at all for the price, but c'mon dude... this is silly talk. When Chase was out with an injury, after they adjusted to an awful loss to CLE (2 weeks after Zap destroyed CLE), THigs put up 9rec/148yds then 7rec/114yds/1TD. Is he a JAG with a JAG QB? In his only game without Burrow and Chase, he put up 5rec/140yds/1TD (Browningame).

Dude is not a JAG. I like Bourne a lot but his best game is 6rec/100yd/1TD... only time in 41 games with the Pats he got over 100yds.

I like him a lot, but I hope he's matured since leaving his teammates high and dry in a press conference after his only loss in his career. Pats' last highly drafted guy only lost once in college as a starter as well. At least he handled it better... or maybe he didn't... maybe one wants to see someone so pissed off they'd leave the presser. Or maybe this is stuff that highly just doesn't matter at all as we're Judon hours away from the draft.

Side note - Mac after his only loss in college seems so different here than at any point I've seen him with the Pats... With the Pats, he seemed like a robot. Obv in retrospect, it was a terrible situation and fit. I'm guessing he'll be in the league for a while, even though I was never high on the guy.

Thanks for this! Great Great information.

Well if JJ is in fact the guy tonight I can rest assure that Mayo isn't going to ask covington to coach him in his second season, and ask springer to be his QB coach.

I think they can get all three players in the draft, no need for a trade. The tackle class is deep. Take those three positions with the first three picks and they should be fine, they’re picking at the top of the draft.

I’m rooting for this front office, I think they’ve assembled a good team of coaches and player personnel guys… hopefully I’m correct. They can’t clench up if the draft goes sideways.
Agreed with all you said. I'm rooting as well. The football Gods must have us on thier minds becuase 98.5 just reported the teams correctly working on and extension with Barmore. We need to knock it out the park tonight!

The cycle continues. I remember last offseason when the talk was how “improved” the Pats were. They are worse than last season.

Thanks for this! Great Great information.

Well if JJ is in fact the guy tonight I can rest assure that Mayo isn't going to ask covington to coach him in his second season, and ask springer to be his QB coach.
I know we've been spoiled for a long a$s time, but I just hope they get it right the next few days.

I know we've been spoiled for a long a$s time, but I just hope they get it right the next few days.
Yes, we have been. But your right we all as fans are all rooting for our team and need to get this draft correct. On top of all going on happy to hear of news Barmore may be extended this would be amazing if it's done before we sign the draft picks Screenshot_20240425_105103_Samsung Internet.jpg

@sb1

To further my statement on Barmore Screenshot_20240425_105103_Samsung Internet.jpg

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back