PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Our character coach took a similar job with Texans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bob being Jewish...i'm not sure how that redemption thing works out with Catholic Jack.

A promotion from Team Development Director to VP of Team Development.
Looks like a substantive upgrade. Congratulations!
Patriots Texas it continues to be.

When he quit he mention religious reasons. I read his quitting statement on the Internet.

I read the statements and they came no where close to implying that it was the Kraft situation that was the cause for him leaving. I think you're seeing what you want to see and not what reality is.

My sources tell me he was pissed Kraft didn't invite him to Florida!

April fools!!!

If even part of the reason he left was because of the Kraft incident, then it would mark him as a super hypocrite and seem to go completely against what he had been preaching, especially in his work with Gordon. If he left because he's too good to be part of this organization then good riddance.

The "character coach" is supposed to to be the guy what helps those in the organization when issues come up. Kind of goes against everything he's SUPPOSED to represent when the first time something bad happens he abandons ship. :rolleyes:

That being said, I think it was just a matter of bad timing. He'd been here six years. His contract was up and a great opportunity arose. More money, bigger job, warmer city (though that is the ONLY reason why a smart man would want to live in Houston over Boston).

Will surely be unpopular with some, but I would prefer to keep religion out of business. But, I accept that at least outwardly, many players profess having faith, so maybe it helps smooth over things. But in my work place, I’d rather have no religious undertones whatsoever.

I read the statements and they came no where close to implying that it was the Kraft situation that was the cause for him leaving. I think you're seeing what you want to see and not what reality is.

I agree it didn't mention the Kraft situation. But he quit after the Kraft situation came out, within days, and mentioned he was religious. There was zero hint he was leaving before that. His contract had ended but nothing said he was leaving.

According to USA Today, Easterby was hired by NE in 2013 as a team response to the Aaron Hernandez situation. So, he was OK coming aboard an organization which employed a murdering gangster, but had his religious sensibilities devastated by a guy getting a couple of hand dookies? A pillar of Christian values, that fellah. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out, Ace...

Ben Watson made a post alluding to the Kraft situation being evil.
Easterby liked and shared that post.
I would say that it was a huge reason if not the only one.

Jack Used to be...

Players and coaches move, however many will read too much into this.. if anything the position is vacant and looks like it may provide a smooth transition for someone like Matthew Slater or another well thought of former player...

Houston as does every other team in the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL have "morality issues" so do not see the link between his departure and Mr. Kraft.. in general men do stupid things..

Does he have a daughter who is a HS sophmore in Texas?

it's damned near impossible to preach when there's a guy in a suit running around in the background with his **** hanging out

Ben Watson made a post alluding to the Kraft situation being evil.
Easterby liked and shared that post.
I would say that it was a huge reason if not the only one.

Watson's post was more about the overall situation of sex trafficking and prostitution, not that Kraft was the one and only bad guy.

If it can be confirmed that Easterby never once liked and shared a post before Ben's, that's something. Otherwise, a religious man liking a post that discusses morality is not a story.

Will surely be unpopular with some, but I would prefer to keep religion out of business. But, I accept that at least outwardly, many players profess having faith, so maybe it helps smooth over things. But in my work place, I’d rather have no religious undertones whatsoever.
I cannot express my agreement strongly enough!

And working in the government I feel that is both particularly important and especially difficult nowadays.

He went from Team Development Director to VP of Team Development.

Sure sounds like a similar job to me.

Assuming a similar size organization. Which is obviously the case here.

VP is higher than Director.
Executive VP is higher than VP.

So he jumped up at least 2 levels. Basically its the difference between Tom Brady and Danny Etling.

Seems like he got a pretty nice promotion.

He was s Director in NE and now he is an Executive VP in Houston. That translates to a bigger paycheck and better career opportunities for him down the road = financial security for him and his family.

Don’t overthink it - this is common sense.

Assuming a similar size organization. Which is obviously the case here.

VP is higher than Director.
Executive VP is higher than VP.

So he jumped up at least 2 levels. Basically its the difference between Tom Brady and Danny Etling.

Seems like he got a pretty nice promotion.
You obviously didn't read the post to which I responded. The writer said "Doesn't really sound like a similar job, sounds like a nice promotion."

I agree, it is a big promotion (although I think titles are overrated; you can call me whatever you want to call me so long as you show me the money). Regardless, I was talking about the job itself. Sure sounds like a similar job to me.

I agree it didn't mention the Kraft situation. But he quit after the Kraft situation came out, within days, and mentioned he was religious. There was zero hint he was leaving before that. His contract had ended but nothing said he was leaving.

He did not "quit". His contract was up. You can't have it both ways.
Could you show me where there was "hint" of Brendon Daly leaving before he actually did?

This is another example of correlation does not mean causation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents