PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Our character coach took a similar job with Texans

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadMoFo

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Similar, but an EVP seems to be a significant grade jump from a Director. Interesting to know what the biggest catalyst was for this move.

Nice promotion

I said before, he is a very religious man and the Kraft thing pained him so he quit the Pats.

Doesn't really sound like a similar job, sounds like a nice promotion. But, you never really know with these position titles in the NFL lol.

I said before, he is a very religious man and the Kraft thing pained him so he quit the Pats.
Is that just your speculation or have others in the media echo'd that?

Doesn't really sound like a similar job, sounds like a nice promotion. But, you never really know with these position titles in the NFL lol.
He went from Team Development Director to VP of Team Development.

Sure sounds like a similar job to me.

That's a pretty lazy take. His contract was up and he got what seems like a far better offer from the Texans. The guy has spent his career working with professional athletes. I highly doubt what Kraft allegedly did was the first thing he's ever encountered that might have offended his religious sensibilities.

Is that just your speculation or have others in the media echo'd that?

When he quit he mention religious reasons. I read his quitting statement on the Internet.

Last edited:
That's a pretty lazy take. His contract was up and he got what seems like a far better offer from the Texans. The guy has spent his career working with professional athletes. I highly doubt what Kraft allegedly did was the first thing he's ever encountered that might have offended his religious sensibilities.

From what I read, my opinion.

He was going to the Colts a year ago until McDaniels bailed on them, so Kraft does not seem to be the primary cause here.

One would think if he truly had the strength of those convictions he would not only find forgiveness in his heart but feel a calling to help Robert on the path to redemption

Yeah, I'm not sold on Kraft being the reason either. It happened far too quickly after that, and people generally (not all the time, but more often than not) don't quit their job and move to Houston as soon as something like that happens. I'm guessing he'd been thinking about it for far longer than that. But I'm also just speculating like anyone else.

Respect measured with money even for a religious guy ... the old 'Get Paid'

Anyways - good for him - Not many stay in a job for long now ... times have changed.

Yeah, I'm not sold on Kraft being the reason either. It happened far too quickly after that, and people generally (not all the time, but more often than not) don't quit their job and move to Houston as soon as something like that happens. I'm guessing he'd been thinking about it for far longer than that. But I'm also just speculating like anyone else.

To be a character coach and to bail on your boss once he did something out of character is just an out of character move.

cool story. Oh, I meant I don't give a Sh!T

Slow offseason with few moves to get excited triggers an overanalysis of every corporate personel move.

Next thing we will get worked up because BB's executive assistant decided to move to KC to be closer with her granddaughter.

Next thing we will get worked up because BB's executive assistant decided to move to KC to be closer with her granddaughter.

What? But she's the only one who knows how he likes his morning coffee!!

cool story. Oh, I meant I don't give a Sh!T
yeah, me too.
One would think if he truly had the strength of those convictions he would not only find forgiveness in his heart but feel a calling to help Robert on the path to redemption
100% agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey