PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Other week 12 NFL games

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just looked it up. It's a new rule- was just installed in 2015. A blocked FG may now be returned for 2 points.
It was an XP.

The Redskins just basically ended the Seahawks' season while, at least for the moment, putting themselves into a wild card spot.

Seattle season ends when last minute goal line pass from Russell Wilson is intercepted. Hmmm, seems like I've heard that story before.

Last edited:
Seattle season ends when last minute goal line pass from Russell Wilson is intercepted. Hmmm, seems like I've heard that story before.
But it didn’t. It continued with a successful onside kick recovery negated by a penalty for lining up wrong on the kickoff. I know it ruins a good joke but the incompetence is too luscious to overlook.

Blocked XP return is 2 points. BLocked fG return is still a TD.
So is a blocked and returned XPA considered a Safety? Seems like a lot of effort by the ST for only 2 points, but they get the ball back. I couldn't hear the announcers, just going by my view and limited football knowledge.

So is a blocked and returned XPA considered a Safety? Seems like a lot of effort by the ST for only 2 points, but they get the ball back. I couldn't hear the announcers, just going by my view and limited football knowledge.
Not a safety, just a 2 point conversion by the defending team. Offense could score 2 point s max, so defense could as well.

I think it was Booger McFarland who thinks WIlson ends up on the east coast next year in a bigger city...with Gettleman getting canned in NY, I can easily see him ending up with the Giants.

With Kliff Kingsbury rumored to be on his way out in Arizona, I wonder how it will affect the Cardinals. basically it's like the Tuna leaving us in 1996.

According to a PFT story, Jody Allen who inherited the team from her brother Paul defers to Pete Carroll on all Seahawk matters.

So the 'Hags are gonna suck for awhile longer then? I'm cool with that.

But Thanks again Petey for embarrassing Payaton at SB50 though... and for that call at the end of the following one...

Last edited:
So the 'Hags are gonna suck for awhile longer then? I'm cool with that.

But Thanks again Petey for embarrassing Payaton at SB50 though... and for that call at the end of the following one...
They're going to be in a position to revamp the team significantly next season. They just won't be doing it with first round draft picks in the draft.

Seattle Seahawks Salary Cap | Over the Cap

With Kliff Kingsbury rumored to be on his way out in Arizona, I wonder how it will affect the Cardinals. basically it's like the Tuna leaving us in 1996.

I've missed this whole storyline. What's the impetus for him leaving? I can't imagine the Cardinals are too upset with him, so is he looking to jump ship for some reason?

I am watching because I enjoy laughing at WFT :haha:

I watched last night because I enjoy laughing at Mr Pumped & Jacked.

BTW, if the Skins had indeed scored a TD on their last drive, had converted the 2 point attempt, and the Hags hadn't scored their TD at the end, the final score would've been 25-9, which according to a friend of mine who texted me with this, has NEVER happened in league history...

I've missed this whole storyline. What's the impetus for him leaving? I can't imagine the Cardinals are too upset with him, so is he looking to jump ship for some reason?

Not what the "impetus" is, but his comments are telling...he's got a damn good Cardinals team that has surprised a lot of people.

When asked why he didn't just deny interest in the Sooners job, Kingsbury responded: "We're in-season, we're 9-2, Just not a topic I want to touch on right now."

Not what the "impetus" is, but his comments are telling...he's got a damn good Cardinals team that has surprised a lot of people.

Maybe this is a bit closer to the Chuck Fairbanks situation. The Bidwills have been incompetent owners who have only won one championship in nearly 80 years of ownership, who also then claimed a disputed 1920s championship that their previous owners disavowed. They‘re not the Sullivan clown show, but have never been the model of exceptional ownership either and historically very cheap. Who knows what going on, but I wouldn’t be surprised if their cheapness or meddling or incompetence is leading to this.

Edit: I can’t do math today…. 90. Nearly 90 years of ownership.

Last edited:
The Jets don’t win much but they clearly won the adams trade. Seattle got taken to the cleaners.
Let's wait till after da Jete make the pick to draw conclusions.

As a safety, he’s a good situational pass rusher. Like a pitcher who’s good at stealing bases or a goalie that’s good at fighting.
Yep, IMO it was a bad pick, and SEA fell for the hype just as badly.

Seems that the opportunity cost for da Jete should be factored into the equation.

Da Jete took him with people like Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson still on the board.

One box safety isn't going to move the needle much.

On the other hand, picking Mahomes or Watson and building around them back in '17 should have been a much better payback than whatever they get for Adams in '22.

Da Jete really foobar'd that opportunity.

They had a chance to try to break the cycle of suck back in '17 but they blew it, and won't get a chance to reset things till '22.

Not a safety, just a 2 point conversion by the defending team. Offense could score 2 point s max, so defense could as well.
Thanks for the explanation. Seems like a lot of effort, basically the length of the field, for 2 points. Poor guy was gassed. What happens if they tackle him before the score? Dead ball?

Thanks for the explanation. Seems like a lot of effort, basically the length of the field, for 2 points. Poor guy was gassed. What happens if they tackle him before the score? Dead ball?
Instead of being down 10-7 if kick was good, it tied the game at 9....... pretty sweet deal....

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back