PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Other NFL Preseason Games Thread

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 50s
Yikes. RT @NFL_ATL Broncos broadcast team confirms Wes Welker is undergoing concussion tests after taking a hard hit from D.J. Swearinger.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 50s
Yikes. RT @NFL_ATL Broncos broadcast team confirms Wes Welker is undergoing concussion tests after taking a hard hit from D.J. Swearinger.

I kinda wish Wes had considered that, unlike Brady, Manning does hang his receivers out to dry. :(

Texans and Broncos have held joint practices this week. Word here is that Swearinger has been trash talking all week dispite not making any plays. And just before the TD, he was flagged for a helmet to helmet hit on Welker. I think Manning was telling the punk that he should keep his mouth shut until he has the play to back it up

I was aware of that. It wasn't a Helmet to Helmet hit. There was nothing Swearinger could have done except just get out of the way and don't make contact with Welker who was going low. Heck you could even blame Manning again for throwing his receiver into a defender again.

I'm not saying Manning did anything wrong. My point is about the mediots and people perception that Manning is a classy player. A classy player doesn't go up to another player and talk trash no matter what. Otherwise it's lowering the bar for what classy means.

FWIW, Rams reporting that Bradford's ACL appears to be OK.

What the injury means, though, who knows?

So much for Manning being a classy player. He just taunted and trashtalked Swearinger after he threw a touchdown. Looked for and walked right up to Swearinger. 15 yard penalty for Manning.

he did it becasue he was the one with the i think very high hit on welker

I kinda wish Wes had considered that, unlike Brady, Manning does hang his receivers out to dry. :(

If Wes is concussed, one has to wonder if that would be a career ender? Continuing to play wouldn't be too smart.

If Wes is concussed, one has to wonder if that would be a career ender? Continuing to play wouldn't be too smart.
IF he is concussed, he should hang 'em up for good. (Which would be good not only for himself, but for his old team in New England. ;))

so his 3rd in 2 years

And Norwood injury is going to hurt even more becasue he won't make it the year

so his 3rd in 2 years

Didn't he have 3 last season alone?

Regardless, he doesn't have a healthy history recently and these are becoming common for him. It's getting to the point where its no longer about Football, he needs to think about his life after the NFL.

Its now confirmed welker has concussion after the swearinger hit. The next play Manning throws a TD to emmanuel sanders with swearinger in coverage and runs up to him afterwards and taunts him.

Word was that Welker was seriously considering retiring after slowly coming back from his last concussions. I hope he doesn't end up regretting not following through with that decision. I know he never made the tens of millions that other NFL players made, but he has made enough to be comfortable for the rest of his life.

Word was that Welker was seriously considering retiring after slowly coming back from his last concussions. I hope he doesn't end up regretting not following through with that decision. I know he never made the tens of millions that other NFL players made, but he has made enough to be comfortable for the rest of his life.
Unfortunately, sometimes the decision is taken out of our hands. Welker needs to give serious consideration to his long-term health. He's one of the toughest SOBs I've seen in a Patriots uniform. If he retires, he can retire with his head held high.

After this one...he just may. Last time it took him 3 games...so 3-4 weeks. Looking at the same for this one probably. He is now unfortunately good for 2-3 a year :(

After this one...he just may. Last time it took him 3 games...so 3-4 weeks. Looking at the same for this one probably. He is now unfortunately good for 2-3 a year :(

The only positive is from what I read online, Welker did bounce right back up. So hopefully it is a mild concussion. He obviously wasn't going to play next week anyway. We will see if he will be back at the start at the regular season. If he is smart, he doesn't rush back even from a mild concussion.

The only positive is from what I read online, Welker did bounce right back up. So hopefully it is a mild concussion. He obviously wasn't going to play next week anyway. We will see if he will be back at the start at the regular season. If he is smart, he doesn't rush back even from a mild concussion.
Aw, they'll just give him a bigger helmet. Oh, wait ...

Loved seeing the replay of Michael Sam sacking Johnny Menziel and showing the money sign during his celebration.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back