PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT - World Cup 2018 Thread

As expected Neymar looks a little rusty.

They're giving him quite the knock around so far and he doesn't look comfortable.

Fortunately for him Coutinho and Willian have been outstanding.

So yeah, many of the players come from absolutely nothing, it's a cliche but they start out kicking cans and fruit with their bare feet and the first time they put boots on is often when they've been spotted by a club.

There's just an attitude and an expectation about football in Brazil, it's more than a sport, it's an art and a passion and it's not about winning. It's about expression. And anyone can be an artist if you just have enough talent.

Lmao good chunk of players in the Portuguese league comes from the favelas of Brazil also

Brazil just a joy to watch. As is Spain. Those 2 teams plus Portugal and old school Holland I just loved to watch.

HT Brazil 1- Switzerland 0

Last 10 mins the Swiss really picked up their game. Not many chances, but they’re bossing around Brazil in MF.

Mexico just had an amazing match against Germany and you spent your time watching diving compilations on YouTube. SMH.
No, I spent my morning/early afternoon calling my dad and then watching 2 classic movies (having nothing to do with soccer). I merely took a brief interlude to post some funny YouTube videos to this thread. I neither knew nor cared which team was playing which other team in today's soccer Olympics match.

Ok. In two months google “Grayson Allen”.

Actually, look up the compilations for Marcus Smart flopping. I didn’t realize it until seeing the compilations, but he’s an absolute artist with the flops. He’s so good you can’t stay mad at him. If he could shoot as well as he flops he’d be GOAT.
ha ha Marcus Smart is at least a good example! Neverthless, I am not talking merely about flopping itself which takes place in all sports. Hockey even had to start penalizing "embellishment."

What I am talking about is players writhing around in (fake) agony for so long that they have to stop play and bring out medical personnel when you literally have a situation where nobody even touched them. You just don't see it in other sports. A hockey player may pretend he was tripped, a basketball player may deliberately tumble to the ground, but they don't roll around on the ice/floor for the next 5 minutes.

Gordon Heyward spent less time on the ground then some of these jokers, and his leg did a 360 without the rest of his body going along for the ride.

Wanna see Brazil more aggressive in the second half.

Why does the Russian World Cup logo look like something from Scary movie?

scarymovie5.jpg

f3302.jpg

Brazil caught napping. They need to play well. Very lethargic play even when they had that 1-0 lead.

Thank god for VAR

Thank youuuu for the Var, for one more thing for refs to ignore

Brazil looks very uninspired right now....

The Swiss are pissing their pants as soon as Neymar is on the ball.

At least he took a shot.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back