PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Who's in the SB in their FF league?

Brady_to_Moss

28-3....
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I am in the Sb next week in my FF league..lots of $$ is in play :rocker:

Anyone else in the SB?

I am. I won last year. But there's no money in my league. So just bragging rights.

I am in the Sb next week in my FF league..lots of $$ is in play :rocker:

Anyone else in the SB?

no offense but fantasy football is at the bottom of my list....but to each their own;)

I made it in my league on the backs of Tom Brady, Megatron, and the resurgent Marshawn Lynch! $500 to the winner $250 to second place not a bad haul either way.

Good luck to everyone on PatsFans this coming weekend who made it!

Last edited:
I am.

Thank you Rob Gronkowski! (and Aaron Rodgers, I suppose)

I'm in two leagues, one for $275 and one for a trophy.

Money league: Clinched my spot in the finals

Trophy league: Riding on MNF. I have San Fran D and David Akers, my opponent has the Steelers D....I'm up by 5 at the moment :eek:

Shared a team in a winner take home 750 - won it this past week, 12 teams, deep benches. May have been the best team I've seen in a FF league.

Stafford
Foster
Mathews
(2 WR's)Fitzgeral/AJ Green/Julio Jones/Greg Jennings
(Flex)Reggie Bush(who has been ridiculous)
Gronkowski

Other league had most points, but had a bunch of dogs going into the playoffs, peaked way too early and just lost in the semi's. Worst thing to have in the playoffs is a bunch of guys coming off injury/layoffs - you don't know what to do with them/unpredictable, especially when on teams that have nothing to play for. Pedersen, Austin, Maclin.

My 11 year old is in the semis next week - in a 24 team league, not bad. Of course, he got Brady, Welker and Gronk so . . .

My Superbowl was this weekend, and not only was I in it as the #1 seed, I won! $800 bucaroos! Do you want to know why I won? Because I am a chick and a shameless homer, and while I know more about football than the average jill, I do not know all players on all teams. I think I picked 5th in my 12 team league and my first two picks were Brady and Welker. They (particularly Brady) carried my whole team the whole year, with flashes of great contributions by Maurice Jones-Drew, whom I also got in about the 5th round because nobody wanted him coming off a knee injury.

So, fake life (FF) imitates real life! Brady and Welker carry the day! Thanks guys! (Also, my opponent in the Superbowl had the Jets D - ha ha!! Too bad for you!!).

Good luck to all the other FFers out there!

Superbowl next week

got Brady

AND Brandon Marshall ..........cmon bet you all want Marshall now

I have been in a keeper league since 2000. This year I am making my second Super Bowl appearance (first since 2002). I am pretty stoked about it.

Megatron and CJ Spiller carried my team this week to the Super Bowl.

Hopefully Rob Gronkowski, Larry Fitzgerald, and Victor Cruz will lend a helping hand this week.

This was my first year playing FF. I joined 3 leagues and 1 pick'ems league.

I'm in the SB in 2 of the leagues thanks to Wes Welker whom also bears my team name "Welker Texas Rangers" and hernandez and Calvin Johnson who had HUGE games this week.

But I only made it to the "consolation SB" in the one league that actually has money up for grabs thanks to Michael Vick being horrible.

In my Pick'ems league I'm in 2nd place, only out of first by 11 pts, with $2,200 up for grabs. (top 3 win money).

Not a bad first year....I think it's safe to say I'm hooked. FF made this my most enjoyable season yet...I had a rooting interest in every game.

Last edited:
I'm in the Superbowl, because of

Tom Brady
Rob Gronkowski
Wes Welker

The Packers D has been alright.

Marshawn Lynch, Reggie Bush, Santonio Holmes, Laurent Robinson and Malcolm Floyd have all been stellar.

Sucks that Hernandez has ridden the bench the whole way.

The kid i'm playing has Aaron Rodgers, Lesean McCoy and Jimmy Graham, so I'll see how that goes.

Cam Newton has lead all three of my teams to championships. Now we just gotta finish

The Laos Blind Squirrels are in their final, first time I've played Fantasy Football, enjoyed it a lot. As others have said, gives one a stake in games you otherwise wouldn't care about.

I won thanks to a few inspired selections - Drew Brees who has been money in the bank, El Gronko whom others didn't seem to know about, Steve Smith who I picked up in the late rounds, and Mike Wallace who's been falling off but carried me early in the season. I got Peterson too, but he's not been so great actually, nor has LaGarrette Blount or whatever his name is.

Bad year for me this year. One and done in my money league and missed out on the playoffs by 14 points in my main keeper league. Got to the SB of the Patsfans league I'm in though and have a decent squad that I think should get me the win.

Last edited:
got to the semis in one league, had an awesome team, but made multiple mistakes with who to start (thats how good my team is) came out to be close, but not enough, even with all my miscues

and after tonight im in the sB in the other league, playing a close friend

neither for money

In one SB, missed the playoffs in a tiebreaker in the other league. Gronk on both teams, what a coincidence :)

I'm in my first super bowl, 12 team league, no doubloons. Reggie has been really helpful for me with his late-season resurgence. I have both Gronk and Hernandez, and I always manage to pick the player who doesn't go for 150+ yards and a TD or two.

Brady, Fitz (pedestrian year for his standards), Colston, Heyward-Bey, Gore/ Bush/ S. Jackson, Gronk/ Hernandez.

My wife won the league the first two years I had played, so it would be nice to get one back.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back