PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: When you go out, are you wearing a mask?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

When you go out, are you wearing a mask?

• Yes

Votes: 48 31.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 68.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
PERSON 1
wear a mask, and cough

PERSON 2
don't wear a mask and cough into the air
=========
Are your really saying that there is no difference in danger to folks being within a foot of this person when he coughs? Really?
I posted that it helps stop the spread but it won’t filter out the virus when you breath air in

No. Although, I've thought about wearing disposable gloves.
I started wearing my gloves (winter) when I go anywhere. Then I wash my hands after taking them off. Maybe a silver lining is that people will behave differently when this is over (like washing hands routinely).

I'm not going effing out ... end of story.:confused:

I don’t wear anything. Of I get it, I get it. I sometimes suspect I already did but who the bleep knows. Those that have, those that will. Thats about all there is to it, and the whole social distancing stuff is just to try and keep the healthcare system from being overwhelmed. Make no mistake, near everyone at some point will get it.
I wonder how many will get the disease from you.

I posted that it helps stop the spread but it won’t filter out the virus when you breath air in
I misunderstood. I agree with your post here

Alright does the new 'commando' mean no mask?

Last edited:
It absolutely has to lower the risk of contraction somewhat. Otherwise it makes ZERO sense to say the only reason to wear a mask is to protect others. If everyone is wearing one we all have to be protecting each other in some capacity. And something is better than nothing.

While that's true, the thing about that is that it's not the healthy people you have to worry about and that's why it really does make sense for everyone to wear one.

Let's be honest, most people who are really laying low and only going to the supermarket and being careful already don't think they're going to get it. They're worried, but no one really thinks they will. But at the same time, if everyone wore one, the people who didn't know they were sick before symptoms showed up wouldn't give it to someone else. Because obviously by the time people know they're sick and they start wearing one, it's essentially too late.

It's more or less a numbers thing from that standpoint and if everyone wears one, the likelihood of a sick person passing it to a non-sick person greatly reduces. That's obviously why everyone in China probably wears one during these pandemics and has been wearing one. That way, if they do happen to get it and don't know it, at least they're not passing it on to a healthy person.

if wearing a mask won't keep you from getting the virus. why do they wear them at hospitals?

if wearing a mask won't keep you from getting the virus. why do they wear them at hospitals?
Those are very specific kinds of masks - N95 respirators and (less good) surgical masks which have a fluid barrier in them.

Other kinds of masks don’t do much to prevent you from getting it but do make it harder for infected people to give it to you.

Last edited:
If all sick people wore masks, and those masks were 100% effective, I could see the argument that masks don't protect healthy individuals. However, given the reality of the above, I can't see how defensive masks don't help to some extent.

Surgical masks are worn to protect the patients.
what about the nurses? they all wear masks. what about a primary care doc? mine wore a mask at my last appointment. he never did before.

what about the nurses? they all wear masks. what about a primary care doc? mine wore a mask at my last appointment. he never did before.

???

Every one of the medical personnel in an operating room wear masks TO PROTECT THE PATIENT. Openings into the body need to be protected from germs. We are taking here about "surgical" masks.

The patients don't wear masks.

And congrats to your primary care doc. He doesn't know what he is carrying, and he is protecting his patients.

Good protective Masks will help somewhat even if no one coughs or sneezes in front of you because I personally think the virus is more aerosol than they claim meaning it not only can affect you if it hangs in the air after someone sneezes or coughs but I think it also acts as a complete aerosol in a new mutation that means if you have even the slightest compromised immune system or you smoke heavily or for a long time or are older than 65 you might get it just by standing next to an infected person who may just be normally breathing without any orafice discharge.

Masks will be worthless if it is indeed another version of aerosol form but they won't even talk about that possibility just so they won't have chaos more than it is now - don't trust your government......ever.

???

Every one of the medical personnel in an operating room wear masks TO PROTECT THE PATIENT. Openings into the body need to be protected from germs. We are taking here about "surgical" masks.

The patients don't wear masks.

And congrats to your primary care doc. He doesn't know what he is carrying, and he is protecting his patients.
im not talking about in surgery. I asked the question. if wearing a mask won't keep you from getting the virus. why do they wear them at hospitals?. i know exactly what we are talking about. hospital staff are complaining about not having masks. they want them to protect themselves. nurses and hospital staff that have nothing to do with surgery. and we are talking about wearing a mask to protect yourself from the virus. last time i checked you can't do surgery to remove a virus. so why are you talking about surgery? what does surgery and openings in the body have to do with a mask possibly protecting someone from the virus?o_Oo_O

Last edited:
The WHO is wrong on this one. Masks absolutely make a difference. Look at the global charts. All the countries that flattened the curve had mass people wearing masks not just HCPs. All the countries that didn't widely wear masks in public all have crazy bad infection curves now. The difference is striking and significant.

!!!!TRIGGER WARNING!!!!

This Doctor is on the front lines in NY City. The premise for sharing this video is so that you will follow his recommendations so that you wont contract the virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back