PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: WFANs Mike Francesa thinks Romo to Denver is a done deal...

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
No link... just heard him on the radio.

I love that... Denver wins the offseason, (well, they tie with the Jets), the Jackasses go 3-0 to start, and then Romo goes down, and out for the year. Edit: not that I want somebody to be injured but... with that line... and his history... it's just a matter of time before...

2300e_ORIG-tony_romo.gif

Last edited:
It's a good move but can he stay healthy?

No link... just heard him on the radio.

I love that... Denver wins the offseason, (well, they tie with the Jets) the Jackasses go 3-0 to start, and then Romo goes out for the year. :)

Any idea on the compensation from Denver?

if you can get a few years out of him and your team is close to having the talent to make another SB push then its a good move. Obviously risky knowing how much time he has missed. But they have the defense and Wrs to compete. That said the Oline is a mess and he might get killed.

That defense with a functional offense would be an actual challenge for us next year.

Romo is no joke, just has to adjust his playing style now with all his injuries.

He would be a top 5 qb in the AFC, and they have done better with less. The real question is what bringing on that much salary will mean for the rest of the roster, and how much they will have to pay to get him. They could end up using back to back first rounders on QBs

That makes sense....but what is his source? And secondly wouldn't they want to hire a coach before figuring out what QB they want?

Donkey's will be our main competition next year if that happen's along with the steelers. I hope we resign our guys an improve more on defense especially more on the d line.

This is the same guy that dedicated a segment to analyzing how the freezing cold weather in the DFW area would impact the Bucs-Cowboys game being played in Arlington at night.

Yes I'm serious.

It would make sense. Denver is a scary, scary team with a top-8 QB... so long as Romo can stay healthy.

It's a good move. Sybian needs a couple of seasons to learn. I think he's a really good QB that just needs the time to iron out those flaws. But that Oline won't be able to protect romo. They'll need to upgrade that.

That defense with a functional offense would be an actual challenge for us next year.

Romo is no joke, just has to adjust his playing style now with all his injuries.

He would be a top 5 qb in the AFC, and they have done better with less. The real question is what bringing on that much salary will mean for the rest of the roster, and how much they will have to pay to get him. They could end up using back to back first rounders on QBs

They'd need to drastically improve their OL, otherwise Romo won't last long.

Think we all kind of expected this.(if it happens). Makes them a contender again. But theyll still be weaker than the Pats with 2 BIG question marks: 1. can romo stay healthy? 2. that ol needs major work or we know the answer to #1.

This is the same guy that dedicated a segment to analyzing how the freezing cold weather in the DFW area would impact the Bucs-Cowboys game being played in Arlington at night.

Yes I'm serious.

Wow, I was about to mention that it would interesting to see if Romo's chest would be more injury prone in the thin Denver air, but I can see I wouldn't last a minute with you.

:rolleyes:

Tony Romo won't last more than 2 games behind Denver's OL. They need a rebuild at 4 out of the 5 positions there

Please let it be so: hope its for a First anything that weakens a conference rival down the road. That said the AFC West is one of the better Divisions in Football with some of premier Pass Rushers in this League hope that Back hold up Romo.

Please let it be so: hope its for a First anything that weakens a conference rival down the road. That said the AFC West is one of the better Divisions in Football with some of premier Pass Rushers in this League hope that Back hold up Romo.

I hate seeing Jerry Jones benefit though since he was one of the leaders in stealing the Pats' #1 pick, particularly since the Cowboys need to get Romo's salary off their cap.

I hate seeing Jerry Jones benefit though since he was one of the leaders in stealing the Pats' #1 pick, particularly since the Cowboys need to get Romo's salary off their cap.

The donkey's would be foolish to give up a first round pick for romo. I can see a 3rd rounder.

if you can get a few years out of him and your team is close to having the talent to make another SB push then its a good move. Obviously risky knowing how much time he has missed. But they have the defense and Wrs to compete. That said the Oline is a mess and he might get killed.
He will be well rested next year.

Heck if they got one Super Bowl out of it it would be worth it. They wont have that D forever. Too bad for them we are going to own the AFC for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back