PatsFans.com
Search

OT: Watson to Brownies

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:
Status
Not open for further replies.

lancerman

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Haha Browns just went from the lovable losers to the most hated NFL team. Also Steelers fans who needed to deal with Ben jokes from Cleveland fans for years are salivating

jah

Degeneracy Expert
PatsFans.com Supporter
Idiotic contract to agree to if you're Cleveland, but they were the best football situation of the 4 teams Watson was considering. Sounds like that wasn't really the main factor in his decision though.

BaconGrundleCandy

Not the kind of guy to say I told you so ...
PatsFans.com Supporter
Mahomes, Wilson, Watson, Jackson, Herbert, Carr, Allen, Burrow. AFC is pretty stacked at QB. All under 25-26 except maybe Wilson? Here's hoping Mac is one of those from the new crew bc it's going to be a war every year beating them during the regular season and several times in the playoffs.

PatsWSB47

Pro Bowl Player
Well that's another one in the column of quarterbacks are most important player on the field. Insane guarantee though

Patnation21

On the Roster
Wow AFC is stacked with great QB's. If you don't win your division, it's going to be very tough to get one of the final 3 playoff spots... Arguably 7 out of the top 10 QB's are in the AFC.

Brotherblues

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
That agent plug was unnecessary though I could care less lol
Maybe. Depends on how strictly you define "necessary." Which I can see is a far stricter standard than you have for the word "could."

Anyhow I'd say it's certainly relevant and noteworthy, when reporting a record agreement, to give the names of the negotiating parties.

ArchAngel007

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Maybe. Depends on how strictly you define "necessary." Which I can see is a far stricter standard than you have for the word "could."

Anyhow I'd say it's certainly relevant and noteworthy, when reporting a record agreement, to give the names of the negotiating parties.
Yeah you have a point and it makes sense. I still don't care about the agents at least lol

Hammer of Thor

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter

unnecessary for us. But probably necessary for him, in order to be the one allowed to break the story.

PatsFan2

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Watson is better than that WR and TE hospital ball killer Baker MayField. :rolleyes: The Browns have very good talent Baker is holding them back they are as good if not better than Cincinnati with a Good QB.

MahomestoKelce

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
This Is a team who has had garbage at QB for like 30 years. So Watson seems like an elite top tier QB in their eyes.

The reality is he's not better than Mahomes or Allen.

The more I think of it, the more I think Cleveland is screwed.

Sorry but Watson isn't worth that. No way.

This isn't Mahomes or Allen.

MahomestoKelce

Watson is better than that WR and TE hospital ball killer Baker MayField. :rolleyes: The Browns have very good talent Baker is holding them back they are as good if not better than Cincinnati with a Good QB.
Of course he's better.

But Watson has had injury concerns. And the dude seems like a huge headache.

Cleveland isn't even the favorite in that division imo.

The more I think on it, the more I believe Cleveland was desperate. And Watson took them to the cleaners.

Chevy

Huh?
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
Isn't this the second time Cleveland has taken a problem QB off of Houston's hands?

sean10mm

If the dude wasn't a serial sex offender with a bunch of litigation still up in the air I'd be like "screw it, swing big, Browns!"

But you can't ignore that stuff and it's a big ol' yikesaroo for me. Morally and just in terms of risk.

LightSkinSmurf

In the Starting Line-Up
This Is a team who has had garbage at QB for like 30 years. So Watson seems like an elite top tier QB in their eyes.

The reality is he's not better than Mahomes or Allen.

The more I think of it, the more I think Cleveland is screwed.

Sorry but Watson isn't worth that. No way.

This isn't Mahomes or Allen.

He doesn't need to be better. The best QB doesn't always win. As long as he plays elite when it counts. He has the skills to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.