PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Vrabel to interview with Rams

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still hope he gets his rings back, or they get replaced. That sucks. He DEFINITELY earned them. He was a great player. Scrap heap to major player on championship teams.

I don't think his personality is balanced enough. Seems too far on the "disciplinarian" end of the spectrum. You don't want to be on the other side either ("players' coach" who loses control) but I think what makes BB so great is his balance in this area.
How in the world would you know anything about mike vrabel's personality?
Please explain all of your information that allowed you to assess his personality and his
Disciplinarianism.
You are just making things up.

Noithing, 'cept Belihic kcalled him a future Coach when he was a player for the Pats...
Well Elijah clearly knows more about his personality so BB is obviously wrong

From bits that I've heard before, don't be shocked if Vrabel becomes a head coach several years down the line.

Hey, if BB retires 5-6 years from now, and JM and MP are gone, I'd love to see Vrabel be the new guy.

Of course, it's not that simple, and we need to see how good he is at a DC first. But it remains interesting to think about.

How in the world would you know anything about mike vrabel's personality?
Please explain all of your information that allowed you to assess his personality and his
Disciplinarianism.
You are just making things up.

I'm not even the first in this thread to bring it up, so I don't know what your problem with me is. Seems personal to me.

I'm not even the first in this thread to bring it up, so I don't know what your problem with me is. Seems personal to me.
My problem is you are making a comment that you have absolutely no data to support. Actually I asked you to support and you came back with this.
How could it be personal if I have no history with you?

And no you are the first one to bring up comparing him to Rex Ryan and claiming you know what his personality is and that it makes him limited. The only in fact.
Because you know, generally posters don't make things up they have no clue about.

Last edited by a moderator:
BB has said before Vrabel was one of the smartest football players he's ever coached. He said Mike was so football smart that it was like having another coach out on the field. So this doesn't surprise me.

It would be cool to see him as our DC if MP leaves, though.

With the combined football IQ of Rodney, Vrabel, and Bruschi...and at different times Junior Seau and Ty Law...I wonder how we ONLY won 3 Super Bowls.
The smartest group of football guys ever assembled. I miss that team.

So the Rams are interviewing him next week? Are the Rams assuming Vrabel won't be busy next week?

If the Pats and Texans positions were reversed I don't think I'd like that much.

We know the Pats are heavily favored, but can't these teams just wait until the playoff teams' seasons are over without assuming a loss?

We all strive to get to the Superbowl, and the playoffs are a step along the way.

Our current season is more important than the future of your crappy team. Wait until the big boys are done with their current business, THEN you can contact us about interviewing our assistants to see if they can fix what ails them.

I hated that the pathetic Rats' future was more important than letting Parcells do the job unmolested, that he was hired to do, which was to lead the Pats in an attempt to do what every team hopes their HC will do; win a Superbowl.

If the reports are true, then Parcell's last 10 days in New England were absolute negligence.

I think it can be hard for any of us outside of the league to get a bead on which coaches are buzzed about. E.g. Adam Gase was coming off a single year as the OC of the #23-ranking scoring offense and looked like a pretty random pick for the Dolphins, but so far so good.

We all know that Vrabel was considered to have a tremendous football mind and leadership skills as a player. If that's translating well to the coaching arena, people in the game presumably know?
All this is to be assumed; yet even then, only two years experience as a positional assistant -- even if he's the best in the league -- just isn't enough of a track record toward putting a team in his charge. Perhaps the Rams consider him a rising prospect and are doing due diligence to get a book on him for future reference. If Vrabel gets a HC job this year I'll eat one of my hats.

All Patriot West Coast!
Mike Vrabel with the Rams.
Josh McDaniels with the Niners.
Matt Patricia with the Chargers.
Pete Carroll with the Seahawks.

I think McDaniels might work out best with the 49ers if Jed York will give him the freedom to do the rebuild and have a personnel manager with duties like Caserio. Jed York looks like a real jerk, though.

Last edited:
All Patriot NFC West!
Mike Vrabel with the Rams.
Josh McDaniels with the Niners.
Matt Patricia with the Chargers.
Pete Carroll with the Seahawks.

I think McDaniels might work out best with the 49ers if Jed York will give him the freedom to do the rebuild and have a personnel manager with duties like Caserio. Jed York looks like a real jerk, though.
When did the chargers get traded to the NFC?

From bits that I've heard before, don't be shocked if Vrabel becomes a head coach several years down the line.

Hey, if BB retires 5-6 years from now, and JM and MP are gone, I'd love to see Vrabel be the new guy.

Of course, it's not that simple, and we need to see how good he is at a DC first. But it remains interesting to think about.
I believe Bill's eventual successor is already on the staff. Steve something. Last name escapes me.;)

When was the last Position Coach to Head Coach jump ? Anthony Lynn was close I guess but even if he gets a HC job he was OC for a while. Last one I remember is Andy Reid from GB QB Coach to Philly HC.
Wasn't the 49ers coach last year the o-line coach the gear before?

I believe Bill's eventual successor is already on the staff. Steve something. Last name escapes me.;)

For what it's worth, the two gr8est current professional sports coaches are BB and Greg Popovich, and both are Croatian.

Hmmm, sounds like we might want to find the best available Croat to be BB's successor.

But where can we find one who has a professional football coaching background?

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back