OT: Vrabel to interview with Rams

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Rams to interview Mike Vrabel for head-coaching vacancy

Good for him. IMHO he can be a very good head coach... a kick-*** tough teacher who will walk the walk...

giphy.gif

...don't think the kids will respect his touchdown dance game, though. LOL It might help that he did it during one of 3 Super Bowl wins. :)

Last edited:
Guy's got a mouth on him that makes O'Brien look like a choir boy. I think if he can avoid being as hot headed as O'Brien is, he has the chance to be a very good coach. He's very no-nonsense.

When was the last Position Coach to Head Coach jump ? Anthony Lynn was close I guess but even if he gets a HC job he was OC for a while. Last one I remember is Andy Reid from GB QB Coach to Philly HC.

When was the last Position Coach to Head Coach jump ? Anthony Lynn was close I guess but even if he gets a HC job he was OC for a while. Last one I remember is Andy Reid from GB QB Coach to Philly HC.
Didn't Harbaugh go from special teams coach of Eagles to Ravens head coach?

(John) Harbaugh?

Edit: Also Mike Munchak

I'm sure there have been more since but Herman Edwards was never a coordinator.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's been a positional coach for two years. What has Vrabel shown to merit an NFL head coaching job?

Last edited:
Didn't Harbaugh go from special teams coach of Eagles to Ravens head coach?
Special Teams Coach is arguably more on par with Offensive/Defensive Coordinator.

The last position coach jump I can think of is the absolute trainwreck promotion of Jim Tomsula in San Francisco. Historically, position coach-to-head coach promotions don't do well at all, but the sample size is pretty small.

i think mike Tonkin was never a coordinator either. Tomsula?

Tomlin was the Vikings DC for a season.

Tomsula is a good one as is Herm Edwards.

i think mike Tonkin was never a coordinator either. Tomsula?
Actually Tomlin was a DC for one year.
Tomsula was interim HC and also HC and DC in NFL Europe but was a position coach without NFL coordinator experience when he was hired.

Mangenius!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft