PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Trey Lance Carted off with an air cast on his leg

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
San Francisco is a mess, and it appears they're fortunate to still have Jimmy G there as he's now in the game and likely will be the starter again for the foreseeable future.

Oh **** really? Jimmy g time I guess

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
Jimmy took a hit to the chest on the next play and was knocked backward. Will have to see if he makes it back in the game or needs a few weeks off.

Make it Rain Trey…

What a wonderful draft pick investment by the 49ers.

"The 49ers have traded up from the 12th overall pick to the third overall in a deal with the Miami Dolphins, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Friday. Miami receives the 12th overall selection from San Francisco, a third-round pick and first-round picks in 2022 and 2023, per Rapoport." - Source: 49ers acquire No. 3 overall pick from Dolphins; Miami gets No. 12 pick, two future firsts.

PS Keep in mind that the Dolphins flipped some of those assets into acquiring stud WR Jaylen Waddle. So that's a little extra salt to rub into the 49er's wounds.

Last edited:
  • Ugh
Reactions: PP2
I don’t understand how the Trey Lance move hasn’t been universally reviled even before this injury. It seems like a high risk, low reward move except for the tiny possibility that Lance is immediately a superstar.

I don’t understand how the Trey Lance move hasn’t been universally reviled even before this injury. It seems like a high risk, low reward move except for the tiny possibility that Lance is immediately a superstar.

For some reason everyone loves moving up, and hates moving down, in the draft.

Tough break for the kid. Not his fault the 9ers gave up too much for him. I hope he recovers well.

Make it count, Jimmy. This is your chance to earn a starting job for next year (with someone).

305659554_639315637564387_5937493451416775891_n.jpg

The fact they traded that much draft capital for a player they didn't even know who they were going to draft at that point should have been a fireable offense. It is one thing to trade up like that for a guy you absolutely loved, but it is idiocrasy to make that trade just to be able to select the third QB taken off the board, but knowing which one of three you are going to select. There is a possibility that they could have drafted Lance in their original draft position.

Tough break for the kid. Not his fault the 9ers gave up too much for him. I hope he recovers well.

Make it count, Jimmy. This is your chance to earn a starting job for next year (with someone).

Next year? Looks like he's gonna be the 49ers starter THIS YEAR!

If Lance is lost for the season, it might save Shanahan's and John Lynch. If he was a disaster this year, it is most likely both will be gone. If Jimmy G leads them deep into the playoffs, it will be hard to fire them.

Doesn't look good for Lance. His ankle is totally twisted around. Probably ligament damage with the broken bone.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back