PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Super Bowl XLIV: Saints vs. Colts game discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
At first I thought the same thing ... the timing was off a bit.

But they had plenty of time to get it together ... I think they chose not to.
I think they chose to just wing it a bit
... old fashioned rock and roll without lip syncing and machine generated perfection.

for 2 guys in their 60's I think they did okay ... it was nice to see them again.

They should have had Pat Metheny with his Orchestrion. Now THAT would be a sight. Most of the people would probably have no clue what would be going on.

Hey Guys, remember that time Polian benched his starters so they'd be healthy for the postseason, in order to win the Superbowl

And then their best defensive player got injured playing the Jest and they lost the superbowl anyways.....

Absolutely wonderful. I was so pumped when Manning threw that pick-6. I jumped up and down almost spilling my beer yelling "THATS RIGHT MANNING TAKE THAT GIANT ******* FOREHEAD BACK TO INDIANAPOLIS WITHOUT THE LOMBARDI. CHOKE KING" At which point the Colts fan in the room tried to remind me that the Patriots weren't in the superbowl. At which point I yelled back "3>1". Probably wasn't the best mannered fan.. but it felt so great. I'll blame the Alcohol.

Last edited:
don't blame the alcohol...blame the delusional jacka$$ fans..and keep drinking :)

don't blame the alcohol...blame the delusional jacka$$ fans..and keep drinking :)

I wasn't being totally honest. He tried to make a counter point but I kept shouting it..... But I don't really care. Screw the Colts.

WOW I don't think I enjoyed any non-Pats Super Bowl as much as I enjoyed that game and the Manning pick-six with everything on the line. All I can say is THANK YOU SAINTS and congratulations to the city of New Orleans.

The Saints did what the Cardinals, Seahawks, Bears, Ravens, amongst other teams in recent years couldn't do and actually make a non-super bowl season salvagable. The first time since '04 I came away from the Super Bowl not depressed!! And in back to back games the Saints forced Brett Favre and Peyton Manning into embarrassing plays that will be talked about FOREVER.

Aside from the Colston drop, the Saints were just perfect last night. Payton coached an amazing game, what a call with the onsides!! Superb playcalling in the 2nd half. Brees was flawless. The kicker has BALLS OF STEEL. Not only was he 3 for 3 but every kick was right down the middle. The defense gave up their yards but ultimately contained Manning and then Porter's play, one of the most clutch defensively plays in HISTORY! Even the punter was perfect on his 2 kicks and the onside. We all owe a certain debt of gratitude to the Saints, they had an awesome game last night. Great, exciting Super Bowl.

Last edited:
THis has been a wonderful morning so far. Wake up to a sunny day, have that first cup of black joe, find my state tax refund has been deposited in my bank account overnight, and then reading all the "heartache" on the Colts boards.....

It just doesn't get much better. ;)

Think I'll have to buy a Saints jersey to hang alongside the Patriots.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News