PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Super Bowl XLIV: Saints vs. Colts game discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI the "experts" were trying to pin the INT on Wayne for "not blocking out the DB"

Yeah... prolly Polian's ball washers. What a classless bunch of maroons.

Re: Super Bowl XLIV: Saints vs. Colts game discussion

For the first time since the Pats went up in the 4th quarter of SB42 I feel at peace with the NFL. The demon has been expunged.

I hear ya, bro....... I hear ya. Tonight, I feel good!

I hear ya, bro....... I hear ya. Tonight, I feel good!
Now we need a killer draft. We need to hit big on all those day 1 picks, and a couple of the second day ones too!

can i just say....i don't like bashing play by play guys that much....especially radio guys. it's hard. Sterling in baseball is one i'll make fun of...but in the NFL...Bob Lamey...the colts pxp guy annoy's the piss out of me. HATE HIM.

His call of Peyton's pick is friggin priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what's the rule change gonna be? No pre-fourth quarter onside kicks allowed? All Pick6s must be placed on the 20 yard line?

FYI the "experts" were trying to pin the INT on Wayne for "not blocking out the DB"
Of course, because the demigod Peyton can do no wrong. It's not in the script for him to make a mistake.

For the first time since the Pats went up in the 4th quarter of SB42 I feel at peace with the NFL. The demon has been expunged.

No, I will never, ever be over that or really feel at peace about it. I guess I have to accept that.

But dang if I am not really, really happy tonight anyway!

No, I will never, ever be over that or really feel at peace about it. I guess I have to accept that.

But dang if I am not really, really happy tonight anyway!

yes. Pretty well sums things up, here.

It's kinda hard to box out the DB when you haven't started your cut across the middle until after the DB has jumped the route..

r1551792387.jpg

LMAO!!!! Everyone forgot about that!!! HAHAHAHA

That whole set was just embarrassing. Perhaps next year the NFL can have some artists under the age of 50? Please???????

I'm over 50, and remember live performances of the WHO. This had two surviving members, and ought not to ever have taken place. Daltry couldn't hit half his notes, the drummer seemed to be high on something, and Townsend kept jumping on Daltry's lyrics. I tuned it out about 45 seconds into the performance.

This was inexcusable, and whomever decided the WHO were a good fit ought to be hung by his own intestines from the nearest lamp post as a warning to future half-time coordinators.

That whole set was just embarrassing. Perhaps next year the NFL can have some artists under the age of 50? Please???????

I'm over 50, and remember live performances of the WHO. This had two surviving members, and ought not to ever have taken place. Daltry couldn't hit half his notes, the drummer seemed to be high on something, and Townsend kept jumping on Daltry's lyrics. I tuned it out about 45 seconds into the performance.

This was inexcusable, and whomever decided the WHO were a good fit ought to be hung by his own intestines from the nearest lamp post as a warning to future half-time coordinators.

The drummer was Ringo Starr's kid Zak Starkey.

Last edited:
The drummer was Ringo Starr's kid.

Don't matter. The whole set was embarrassing. Look, I'm not famous, but I spent a good portion of my life playing professionally. There's a point where you stop doing the major venues and return to clubs and studio work. At least Robert Plant understand what is what, and branched out into other styles and venues. He did some great work with Allisson Kraus.

The WHO should have left well enough alone. Yeah, I understand the thrill of the stage, the allure of the big time, but enough. Go out in style, not grasping for one last bit of fame.....

If anyone finds Bob Lamey's call of the Manning pick six, you have to send me the link.

Don't matter. The whole set was embarrassing. Look, I'm not famous, but I spent a good portion of my life playing professionally. There's a point where you stop doing the major venues and return to clubs and studio work. At least Robert Plant understand what is what, and branched out into other styles and venues. He did some great work with Allisson Kraus.

The WHO should have left well enough alone. Yeah, I understand the thrill of the stage, the allure of the big time, but enough. Go out in style, not grasping for one last bit of fame.....

At first I thought the same thing ... the timing was off a bit.

But they had plenty of time to get it together ... I think they chose not to.
I think they chose to just wing it a bit
... old fashioned rock and roll without lip syncing and machine generated perfection.

for 2 guys in their 60's I think they did okay ... it was nice to see them again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back