PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Stefon Diggs trade rumors

That would be a massive loss for the Bills as they can't draft.

I think its' all smoke though where would Diggs find a better QB than J Allen??

Yes please... get him out of the division.

If he goes to SF I wonder what the GOAT would be thinking...

That's a fair point. Mac could have been drafted by SF if Kyle Shanahan had any brains, and he would have had 2 SB rings by now, and possibly a 3rd next season. So I imagine he is thinking that he missed out on becoming the only QB in NFL history to win 2 SB rings in his first 2 seasons in the league, and possibly winning 3 in his first 3 years.

However, in the long run, he will be better off here as Belichick continues building the dynasty back up.

That's a fair point. Mac could have been drafted by SF if Kyle Shanahan had any brains, and he would have had 2 SB rings by now, and possibly a 3rd next season. So I imagine he is thinking that he missed out on becoming the only QB in NFL history to win 2 SB rings in his first 2 seasons in the league, and possibly winning 3 in his first 3 years.

However, in the long run, he will be better off here as Belichick continues building the dynasty back up.
If I win 2 rings even 1 ring , toss out the long term . Who carezz . Shanahan could have won one Superbowl with Mac. Poor shanny and poor mac

If I win 2 rings even 1 ring , toss out the long term . Who carezz . Shanahan could have won one Superbowl with Mac. Poor shanny and poor mac
He will win more than that here. Far more.

Diggs is a tool but Buffalo isn't trading him. And he shouldn't push it. By far his best seasons has been with Allen.

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
He's pissed the Bills keep choking in the playoffs.

30 years old next year, always griping, wants a big check.

They won't trade him... But if they do, I'd be as happy as a clam to get him out of the afce

His whole 2023 salary of nearly $8 mil is guaranteed. The only way they can move him this year is with a post June 1 trade designation and still that would leave the Jills with almost $12 million in dead cap money.
I don't think you can put a post-June 1 designation on a trade, that's only for cuts AFAIK.

damn thatd be great if the bills lost him and Edmunds/ poyer
Imagine them losing the only WR Allen likes, Edmunds, and Poyer all in one offseason after under-achieving the year before with all those guys. Oh yeah, and Josh Allen's cap hit goes from $16M last year to $40M this year... Maybe they'll make some other moves - oh, oops they're already $16M over the cap. They'd definitely fall back to earth hard.

I don't think you can put a post-June 1 designation on a trade, that's only for cuts AFAIK.
Agreement in principal... Its non binding, but its been used before... Player can't work out for the new team, but at most they miss otas or maybe a minicamp

Last edited:
No. You can't put a "Post June 1st" Designation on a trade. You eat the cap hit immediately regardless of when the trade happens.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back