PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Steelers ship Santonio to the Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they were smart they would have shipped off Little Ben as well. I'm betting the Steelers have another year where they fail to make the playoffs.

Karma rocks! :D

Re: Steelers ship Santonio to the Jets

Throw in another TE and a developmental QB and I think I'm in complete agreement with you for the draft priorities. The trick is going to be the order. Here is my take:

1: DE - Just because of positional scarcity
2: OLB - Got to be able to rush the QB strong and drop into coverage a little
3: TE1 - Quick separation and reliable hands
4: LB - Jack-of-all trades, inside or outside
5: WR - Has to be able to work outside and deep
6: CB - Formally announce that one of Wilhite/Wheatley won't make the team
7: OG - Developmental type to go along with Orhnberger
8: P - Instant upgrade regardless of who is picked
9: TE3 - Reasonable combination of hands and blocking
10: QB3 - Just because

Given the Pats picks and the depth of the draft at the positions they are looking at, I think there is a very good chance the Pats walk away with a handful of players that significantly contribute in 2010.

Good calls in all. I just disagree with the order a little bit. Here's how I think it should end up...

1. DE
2. OLB
3. WR3
4. TE
5. OG
6. ILB
7. CB (should be a replacement for Wilhite whom I have zero confidence in after watching my 2009 taped games again).
8. OLB/TE
9. P
10. WR/Best available value

Had a good laugh seeing all the Jet's fans supporting Holmes on their website. Talking crap about Kraft affecting the suspension and a bunch of sh!t.

Were Jet's fans big Holmes supporters a few weeks ago?

:nono: ... biggest douchebag fans in the league right now ... just like their coach.

Had a good laugh seeing all the Jet's fans supporting Holmes on their website. Talking crap about Kraft affecting the suspension and a bunch of sh!t.

Were Jet's fans big Holmes supporters a few weeks ago?

:nono: ... biggest douchebag fans in the league right now ... just like their coach.

Um, what? Are you serious? Friggin losers.

Um, what? Are you serious? Friggin losers.

Yup ... go on Jet's insider and the Gangreen ... it's worth it for a laugh.

They have lots of threads about us today ... freaking douchebags.

Yup ... go on Jet's insider and the Gangreen ... it's worth it for a laugh.

They have lots of threads about us today ... freaking douchebags.

I have a lot more respect for everyone on this board after making my first trip to gang green. WOW.

If they were smart they would have shipped off Little Ben as well. I'm betting the Steelers have another year where they fail to make the playoffs.

Karma rocks! :D

I hope the Stealers don't make the POs either. Few franchises deserve a comeuppance more than the unholier-than-thou Rooneys.

I hope the Stealers don't make the POs either. Few franchises deserve a comeuppance more than the unholier-than-thou Rooneys.

The only thing better would be the Pats beating the Steelers in the playoffs. I'd love to see Brady show them what a real QB can do. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back