PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Steelers/Bills Moved to Monday

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
This was announced a few hours ago and I know this has probably been mentioned in the other thread, but figured it made sense to post it here so people could see it easier:

4:30pm on a Monday likely won't be good for the ratings, but "it is what it is." :rolleyes:

This was announced a few hours ago and I know this has probably been mentioned in the other thread, but figured it made sense to post it here so people could see it easier:

4:30pm on a Monday likely won't be good for the ratings, but "it is what it is." :rolleyes:

Can she do that? I don't think she can do that.

Smart move by the home team... They know JAllen is horrendous in horrible weather...

Not even getting into the Orchard Park PD Chief calling the original time a worst case scenario with excellent decision making Bills fans driving in congested pregame traffic in sustained 30mph winds with very limited visibility due to the snow... and resources having to be diverted elsewhere due to the declared state of emergency.

It's not about the game. There's a travel ban. You're not supposed to be on the roads.

The snow is nothing. 1 to 2 feet is nothing up here.

The problem is the wind which creates a whiteout situation. In that kind of weather, people can't see where they are going. They abandon their cars in the middle of the road. Then the plows can't plow the roads and emergency vehicles can't get to where they need to go. Imagine a city where everyone who is outside is effectively blind.

It's not about the game. There's a travel ban. You're not supposed to be on the roads.

The snow is nothing. 1 to 2 feet is nothing up here.

The problem is the wind which creates a whiteout situation. In that kind of weather, people can't see where they are going. They abandon their cars in the middle of the road. Then the plows can't plow the roads and emergency vehicles can't get to where they need to go. Imagine a city where everyone who is outside is effectively blind.
No big deal. This is normal for NFL refs.

This is the stuff that creates problems:

1705183990111.jpeg

1705184007925.png

Will be bizarre to have zero games at SUN 2pm slot.

My weather app says Buffalo has gotten/will get an inch and a half today and 3.5 tomorrow. How is that enough to cancel a game?
What happens if the forecast is wrong and the snow comes Monday?

I wonder if this will pull in better ratings Monday afternoon ?
I wonder if it does get good ratings will this give the NFL an idea for the future ?

My weather app says Buffalo has gotten/will get an inch and a half today and 3.5 tomorrow. How is that enough to cancel a game?
This is from the NWS
Tonight
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Areas of blowing snow. Low around 23. Windy, with a west wind 30 to 37 mph, with gusts as high as 60 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 7 to 11 inches possible.
Sunday
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Areas of blowing snow. High near 25. Windy, with a west wind 25 to 30 mph, with gusts as high as 43 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 7 to 11 inches possible.
Sunday Night
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Areas of blowing snow. Low around 14. Breezy, with a west wind 18 to 24 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

Decent seats left for the Bills game at $80 resale…

This is from the NWS
Tonight
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Areas of blowing snow. Low around 23. Windy, with a west wind 30 to 37 mph, with gusts as high as 60 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 7 to 11 inches possible.
Sunday
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Areas of blowing snow. High near 25. Windy, with a west wind 25 to 30 mph, with gusts as high as 43 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 7 to 11 inches possible.
Sunday Night
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Areas of blowing snow. Low around 14. Breezy, with a west wind 18 to 24 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.
Also noted, when these lake effect storms come in people are not supposed to drive as it causes all kinds of jams and cars stuck on the roads. Do you want 60,000 drunk Bills fans driving in a blizzard? That can't end well.

Steelers win this game.
The Bills Mafia is a bunch of Steeler Nation wannabes...but with lower impulse control.

Thats what i said until i saw a video of it. Its bad really bad

Is this the first time weather has moved a playoff game?

I get the decision, travel sounds impossible right now

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back