PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: So, how are people dealing with this, beyond eating and watching TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I try to plan three things daily when I get up.

Start with a walk, usually between 5-7 miles each morning at a healthy pace. Incorporating more and more hills...

There are several projects working on simultaneously; reseeding the front lawn, cleaning and readying the yard/gardens, painting the house and redoing the basement. Cold and rain often cause delays or refocusing, yesterday for example wanted to work on painting the house but he west cold wind would not let up, so went to plan B and worked on the basement. Rain pretty much messes up my day, as I do not want to leave he compressor or chop saw outside. Lots of painting involved in all projects..

All of this lasts until about 2:30-3:00 PM, check the email cook supper and then catch a movie go to bed early.. rinse repeat.

Never turn on the TV during the day, Pandora is a great friend, but do listen to RI Governor Raimondo's press briefings every day @ 1:00 PM...

Since I'm considered "essential" (I work for a grocery retailer), it's been one non-stop hellish grind since this entire nonsense started. Our statewide "stay home" order should hopefully be lifted on the 24th, so maybe--just maybe--we can regain some semblance of daily living again.

I try to plan three things daily when I get up.

Start with a walk, usually between 5-7 miles each morning at a healthy pace. Incorporating more and more hills...

There are several projects working on simultaneously; reseeding the front lawn, cleaning and readying the yard/gardens, painting the house and redoing the basement. Cold and rain often cause delays or refocusing, yesterday for example wanted to work on painting the house but he west cold wind would not let up, so went to plan B and worked on the basement. Rain pretty much messes up my day, as I do not want to leave he compressor or chop saw outside. Lots of painting involved in all projects..

All of this lasts until about 2:30-3:00 PM, check the email cook supper and then catch a movie go to bed early.. rinse repeat.

Never turn on the TV during the day, Pandora is a great friend, but do listen to RI Governor Raimondo's press briefings every day @ 1:00 PM...
You’re truly putting your peace of mind & health first Darryl. I’m amazed that so many are watching & reading hours of news after it was strongly recommended we avoid the news as much as possible back in the early days of this pandemic

I’m still working and I’ve always worked from home, so that keeps me busy Monday -Friday.

I fit in 4-7 walks outside depending upon weather and 3 workout days in my basement gym

I also talk to family & friends on the phone rather than just texting them as often as possible.

Playing golf, riding bike in park. Went shooting at my gun range.

Normal stuff.
I’ve been considering getting my firearm license and now really wish I had followed through on it

I’m not a hunter kind of person although I’m fine with my friends that enjoy it. I just want it for home protection.

Myself....... I ha, fortunately, restocked my liquor cabinet before all this craziness hit, so I've got that going for me. I already had plenty of camping gear and 6-months survival food and other supplies to hand, so no worries about that. Also have 1K rds in 30-rd mags for the AR, and 200+ for the 9mm.

So knowing we're good to go here at Chez Gwedd, I've been finishing up some model kits and lurking here, plus reorganizing the house, putting some stuff into storage, etc.

Once we get a coupe nice sunny days, I'll clean out and wash the car too.

I gotta keep busy or my liquor stock will be depleted much too quickly. :)

Would love some suggestions for stuff to do... I already spent a few hours today on the treadmill...

o_O
Typically April is yard work month so been busy cleaning out flower beds, getting mulch delivered etc.

Just taking a week at a time.

I get a little bored but i can handle this a month or 2. If it spills into the summer i will struggle. We usually do a beach trip and other couple little getaways that you cant do in the colder months. If i lose those after being cooped up in here all this time i think i will start to lose my mind. That said id still be happy overall to come out of this with me and my loved ones in good heallth.

I work on tiring out the puppy and tire myself out in the process .... that’s it

no yard work since I am in a condo
No inside project since it was a complete gut job a year ago
Cars are always clean though the dash board could use dusting....takes 2 min though with a 2” paint brush I use

I’m grilling today so I will clean the grill ... I will take the puppy for a ride in the car ... I will cut my own hair today

Basking in being unemployed ATM. Quit my job of 20 years (new management came in six years ago and completely sucks turds). Taking April off, possibly May as well.

Going back to video games with RE3 remake and Final Fantasy 7 ATM while doing neglected chores since I’ve been working six days a week for months.

Lots of video games to pass the time and in between all the gaming I make it a point to have a few projects a day to keep me motivated. It could be something as simple as cleaning the BBQ, organizing the garage, etc. I've keeping up on my beer making "hobby" as I gotta ensure I'm well stocked, ha!

My wife and I bought a house last fall and the deck was never stained so I'm hoping to get that going soon. It snowed on friday and hopefully that was the last snowfall of the year.

I've been using a motto of "one day at a time" as if I look to far ahead I feel stress and anxiety. I work in food and beverage and what's happened has and will continue to affect the industry for a long time to come.

How do I deal with this virus situation daily? Get pissed off daily at both Brady and Trump. They are friends and Both Narcissists.

I'm lucky to be retired and to have a vacation home in SW Florida where the coronavirus crisis caught us and where we're riding this out. Not a bad place to be under the circumstances, hanging by the pool or on the boat social distancing with the dolphins (the real ones - note the lower case "d"). Doing a lot of reading. Thank goodness for the Kindle app.

My twin sister's in a one bedroom apartment with her husband in the epicenter of this thing, in Jackson Heights, NY. I've urged her to relocate to my empty Worcester house, but to no avail. She's riding it out where she is. I'm worried for her.

Last edited:
I try to do around 4 hours of labor around the house per day except Sunday, which is what I call my "day of leisure". This includes gardening, baking, cleaning, making simple things like a drying rack for seed saving, reading and fixing little things around the house.

I really need to replace a bunch of wood on our deck but here in Puerto Rico they are only allowing hardware stores to open Fridays and Saturdays for about 5 hours each day and it's by appointment. I'd rather wait and pick out the wood myself and any hardware because laying down warped wood can be a pain in the butt.

So I've been very productive but I'm now struggling to find things to do without having the ability to get supplies.

We've been on lockdown for a month now. I bought a ton of beer right at the start. Welp, I wish I had rationed the beer better because I'm now out and everything is closed. I was going to restock beer and food last week but the Governor of Puerto Rico decided this past Sunday that this weekend everything, including Friday, except for pharmacies and restaurant take-out, would be closed. Combine that with people receiving their PAN card (I think it's about the same thing as SNAP in the states) on Monday and you had a mad house of people flooding the supermarkets all week. We're talking waiting for 3 hours just to get in to a store.

We've been extremely lucky weather-wise. From January until mid-March it was raining every single day, all day. A 15 minute break of sun would be cause for celebration and I would runout onto the deck and bask in it before the next wave of torrential rains came. It was depressing me so much that thoughts of moving started entering my mind since I love working outdoors. Since the lockdown started we have been blessed with the most beautiful stretch of weather I've experienced since moving here in March of 2017.

I'm an introvert so I have to say, aside from some minor inconveniences, I've really been enjoying myself being a homebody this past month.

Just got back from Monterey. Normal Saturday drives down there are busy, but today was dead. The wharf there was also dead. Fewer people there than walking around my own neighborhood. Needed that change of scenery.

Regards,
Chris

Favorite place in the Bay.

I work on tiring out the puppy and tire myself out in the process .... that’s it

no yard work since I am in a condo
No inside project since it was a complete gut job a year ago
Cars are always clean though the dash board could use dusting....takes 2 min though with a 2” paint brush I use

I’m grilling today so I will clean the grill ... I will take the puppy for a ride in the car ... I will cut my own hair today
What kind of puppy?

tenor.gif

I posted in the Pub forum a great puzzle site. Have been doing leg lifts and riding a stationary bike while watching Cheer reruns. Learning how to play chess...Feel for kids who are basically jailed.

Stay with the chess. It's the greatest game ever invented. The books help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes