PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Seahawks great Chad Brown calls trading Russell Wilson a 'genius' move

Loved Wilson as a player. Would’ve chosen him to succeed Brady if given the choice.

He’s been awful. The trade was a brilliant stroke by Seattle and they are somehow sitting at #1 in a competitive division.

Good for them.

The conga line of former Seahawks waiting their turn to crap on Russell Wilson...

From what I hear, current Seahawks too.

Wilson decided after his brilliant 2019 season that he wanted to be more of a pocket passer. Ever since, he has been on the decline. Without his athleticism, he is just a short QB with a good, not great arm.

But Wilson is a cautionary tale of the shelf life of a QB that relies on his athleticism. And Wilson isn’t Mahomes, Allen, Jackson, or Murray in that area. Although a guy like Allen has more size to withstand the punishment a little better

Of course it was. This is one of the greatest heists in my memory of following the NFL.

There was a time when trolls would say that Tom Brady was a "System QB"

Brady has moved on and New England's system is in disarray

Wilson has moved on and Seattle's system has rebounded

Wilson decided after his brilliant 2019 season that he wanted to be more of a pocket passer. Ever since, he has been on the decline. Without his athleticism, he is just a short QB with a good, not great arm.

But Wilson is a cautionary tale of the shelf life of a QB that relies on his athleticism. And Wilson isn’t Mahomes, Allen, Jackson, or Murray in that area. Although a guy like Allen has more size to withstand the punishment a little better

Murray? Tyler Murray? He is like Mahomes, Allen, and Jackson? Wilson should aspire to be more like Murray? Take an L for that post.

prob trying to adjust to new team

Murray? Tyler Murray? He is like Mahomes, Allen, and Jackson? Wilson should aspire to be more like Murray? Take an L for that post.

I am not comparing any of them. I am just stating athletic QBs shelf life may be a lot shorter than the pocket passers like Brady and Brees.

Wilson had 1 losing season in 10 years.

His last.

Wilson had 1 losing season in 10 years.

His last.
He is running behind this year (3-5) for $49,000,000

He may turn it around and he may not

What is the disclaimer that they read when discussing investments?
Something about past performance not guaranteeing future results?

I think anyone with a brain could tell you that contract was an insane overpay.

What would have been genius would have been Chad saying this before the season started.

I have two friends who we'll chat on all things football. It's a rare thing when all three of us agree on a take but when this trade was announced we all said the Broncos are going to regret this and the Seahawks if they can turn these picks into good players just made a Hershal Walker type of trade.

It just took this long to get the Jete out of his system.

Nine years to put it together. If we put Mac on that timeline, he'll be good to go in 2029.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Back