PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT:Say goodbye to Pats talk for the next couple weeks

Like others, I want to see Lackey gone. Ship him to Oakland, where he always seems to pitch well. Bring in some guys who can hustle or give the kids like Reddick a legit shot. Don't just sit them on the bench when they are clearly one of the better players.

It's not the NFL.

You expect a small-market (disadvantaged) team like the Oakland A's to pay John Lackey's GUARANTEED salary????????

C'mon, you make it sound as if this is even remotely possible.

so when is one of the MODS going to move this thread to the RED SOX forum?

just sayin ;)

Guess you didn't read the article too closely since it specifically took shots at Tek and Wakefield for being part of the problem.

It did NOT take shots at Papelbon.

JD Drew is gone because his contract is up. Why people like yourself don't just acknowledge it is beyond me.

I closely read every word of the article, and, as you later suggested in your own post, I'm not taking it all at face value. There's a lot of illuminating stuff there that is consistent with what better sources have publicly stated, and a lot of stuff that reads an awful lot like petty blame-shifting. We have a body of work with Wakefield and Tek, and we know what they're about. If the worst thing that could be dug up about Wakefield was that he thinks he should stay, and the worst thing about Tek was that he doesn't like being called at home, then that kinda speaks for itself. Those aren't real issues.

My reasons for not liking Papelbon, OTOH, have nothing to do with that article. Similarly, feel free to point out where I suggested otherwise about Drew. He was never worth anything close to his salary, and I'm glad that he's off the books now. In fact, I didn't even reference the fact that he was now a free agent, let alone attribute it to something else, so I have no idea why you're taking issue with what I said on that front. Maybe you're confused.

While the team needs to clean house, fans, such as yourself and myself need to not fall into the media trap of buying every rumor they throw out there. And if you don't think that Hohler has an agenda, think again.

Like others, I want to see Lackey gone. Ship him to Oakland, where he always seems to pitch well. Bring in some guys who can hustle or give the kids like Reddick a legit shot. Don't just sit them on the bench when they are clearly one of the better players.

Francona himself acknowledged that Beckett, Lester and Lackey were rarely on the bench where they should have been. The rest of the stuff that bothers me comes almost entirely directly from the players' mouths. Take that, add in the convenient "team sources" questioning whether Francona was addicted to painkillers (obviously untrue, and probably slander, not to mention a huge violation of trust), and it is what it is. It's a deeply dysfunctional organization full of unaccountable prima donnas.

On a side note: why are you so insistent on taking the offensive all the time? In your rush to put me in the place, you, in the same post, reprimanded me for not taking the article as gospel while warning me not to take it as gospel. Try to be consistent, mmmkay? :p

Last edited:
I'm in my car all day....so I depend on my Pats talk to get me through the day. Instead I get to listen to "clubhouse talk" Pathetic

I like baseball only when they talk about the "game" itself. But, half the time its like listening to a chick talk about "The days of our lives"

Two words.

Rush Limbaugh

Nothing really surprising, if he goes. He'll have gotten a chance to turn around the two longest suffering franchises in the sport.

Change is good and Theo will likely succeed (it sure didnt take the Cubs long to make up their minds) while the Red Sox will never see a World Series for years to come as the Yankees pad their trophy case.

The curse of the Theo. I can see it all now.

so when is one of the MODS going to move this thread to the RED SOX forum?

just sayin ;)

Yup, time to go. Posts have veered off topic into Bankofamericasox drivel.

This is amazzzzinnnngggggggg ... just keeps going n going n going .. WFAN all week

I made the mistake of listening to all the Pats related podcasts last night.

Now I get to listen to clubhouse talk again allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll day.

"When we come back we are going to talk about what color underwear Theo had on when was seen driving away from the clubhouse"

WTF

Last edited:
Papi to the Yanks! LOL

Oh, the humanity.

During an interview Wednesday with ESPN's Colleen Dominguez, David Ortiz suggested he might want to play elsewhere next season -- and that joining the Yankees is "something I gotta think about."

I keep trying to tell people that Boston is a baseball town but so many people refuse to believe me.

We're 4-1 and the Dallas Cowboys are coming. For 31 other NFL teams, that would be the #1 and only topic of conversation. In Boston, it gets absolutely no airplay even though the Red Sox baseball season ended a full 2 weeks ago.

And to think WEEI has the audacity to still use the terms "Patriots Monday" and "Patriots Friday".

There goes my entertainment for my morning and afternoon commute for a while...this current Red Sox team is so unlikeable and pathetic that its a wonder anyone wants to talk about them.
Ah, but that's exactly why so many people want to talk about them. Boston sports fans (and the local media) are only happy when they have something to ***** and moan and complain about. The 2011 Red Sox are perfect fodder for that.

Every time I see an anti-Sox thread here I ask myself: Why do many NFL fans have such an inferiority complex that they feel the need to dump on MLB?

It's not just here, Florio does the same when he posts his giddy ratings reports about football beating baseball.
Just wait until next week when an NFL regular season game beats the World Series in TV ratings, even though it is going to be a crappy matchup with Colts-Saints. I'm so glad the NFL stopped skipping the Sunday night game during the World Series.

I think I am going to edit every post with an "Oh, and Theo is a Cub" just to emphasise how the Sox get all the press here.

these threads are beyond moronic. a pats fan starts the thread and then like always they are moved to the redsox area of the board where people like the sox. and even more funny some people actually think that these kinds of threads will somehow effect the programming at weei and 98.5 lmao. if im a fan of another team looking at this thread and the others like it I'm saying to myself what a bunch a buffoons .

Last edited:
Well, as a beyond moronic baffoon, I really enjoy threads that point out how the Pats are second class here, even when they dont implode. I find them quite entertaining.

Oh and I am dropping the edits...there is NOOOO way this story is going anywhere soon, and its a pita to remember to type it after every post....

ANDDD for the record...I like fried chicken.

Last edited:
Well, as a beyond moronic baffoon, I really enjoy threads that point out how the Pats are second class here, even when they dont implode. I find them quite entertaining.

Oh and I am dropping the edits...there is NOOOO way this story is going anywhere soon, and its a pita to remember to type it after every post....

ANDDD for the record...I like fried chicken.
and your posting about it on the redsox area of the board. lmao to funny:D

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back