PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Salty Jags Fans

Regarding the Lewis fumble... why does everyone seem to be treating the situation like it was not a catch, then lose control and not maintaining thoughout the ground. IMO the refs messed up twice. Firstly Lewis had control of the football clasped against his thigh, even though he originally lost it, he regained control (ask our fav WR Tyree about what constitutes control of the football) they had gone past whether it was a catch or not, meaning if the fumble happened earlier then you say the call was correct. The moment Lewis had part of his body down the play was over. Secondly the whistle 100% saved our ass and should not have been blown. Still the play should of not got to that point.

I think Boomer's comment about how flags have to come out (in Pats favor) as game was up there certainly added to the suspicion. How he even thinks that the PI call was bogus is beyond me.

The general fanbase outside NE - thanks to such ignorant comments by Boomer and some of the NFL analysts - think the NFL will do anything to have the Pats in the SB.

And oh, another comparative stat that the conspiracy theorists focus on is that we had one just one penalty. That too against the best D. :D So frigging unbelievable for them because the last team which had that kind of a # in a playoff game was ..... the Pats again (against Ravens a few years back)! lol.

I am just laughing @ these spineless internet posters who in their hate just cannot appreciate and dont' see how fortunate they are to get this rare opportunity of seeing such excellence for so long.

Go Pats!

Is there a conspiracy thread here?

If anyone thinks the league is rigged why are they still watching and getting emotionally involved ? You already know the outcome right ? They’re pretty much contradicting themselves.

Viewers do not know the outcome until they know the league's agenda for the year. We know WWE was predetermined, but without spoilers, we weren't sure who would win the match. We just knew that there would be a compelling storyline and a compelling match to conclude the soap opera. The storytelling is what creates compelling and must-see TV. The league is rigged, but the storytelling within the game, assisted with media-generate headlines, brought to you by the 32, is brilliant. It's just like the XFL, except McMahon had no clue what he was doing.

The NFL is predetermined, but the sleep ones who called themselves "awoke" to the ways of the league and using officiating as an excuse because their teams got whooped are pure pathetic. The game is scripted, not only by the refs but by the coaches, the owners and probably by the networks too. I don't know if the players are involved, because it would be a bit risky, but I do believe a player, every now and then, takes a bonus, like fighters do, to throw a game.

We know Fox was not thrilled about a Jacksonville, vs any of the remaining scrubs from the NFC, Superbowl. Those in the know, definitely knew New England would win. They are likely the only team left that can generate viewership, at this point. Brady in his twilight years collecting 6, who would miss that? It's all about the big markets, ratings, tv deals, and revenue; hence, my "we're on to 6!" comments. I am convinced that the NFL wants to recreate New England's dynasty in order to complete the circle that is Belichick's and Brady's dominance over the years... that may not even be the agenda though, but it's my guess.

Look at New England's offensive play-calling in the first half. All designed to sell the headline that Jacksonville's elite D would actually give Tom Brady, who has seen it all, problems. Will Brady overcome them the might O'Coughlin defense? -- stay tuned until the 4th quarter.

Happens all the time, right?

Look at Jacksonville's play-calling towards the end of the first half, then look at their play-calling, especially offensively throughout the second half. They made sure they did not score, and made sure Brady would make his comeback, as I predicted he would. It was pure compelling drama, and Tom Brady doing his comeback thing is a guilty pleasure for haters. It sells every. time. Tom Brady is still the best hero on TV, IMO, and would've likely whip those kittens up like a mad dog, but he had to make it dramatic, and keep Jacksonville in the game until the end because that's his job.

Bortles kneeling when there was a whole minute left, as bad as NE's defense played was another sign. Didn't he have most of his time outs? Why not score there and try to score again after the half? The NFL-controlled media and their affiliates will use excuses like "they're too conservative on O" or "Marrone vs Belichick" and any other excuse to blind the masses, but it won't work on those who can see through the bull.

The kitties and we knew the story going into this game and they were going to play the game accordingly. Just like a WWE wrestling match, before you found out that the outcomes were predetermined.

The Saints vs Vikings was even worse. The Saints knew the story going in-- The Minnesota miracle. Brees would job out in the first, let the refs score for MN, because Keenum sucked so bad, and Brees would do his thing in the second to keep the viewers on edge. Is it not strange that MN, who had no timeouts, decided to risk it all and throw a pass down the field to a WR, who had two defenders on him, either of them would've most likely keep him in-bounds and ended the game, when they only needed a FG to win? Williams didn't try to tackle the WR, he went to tackle his teammate, who apparently didn't get the memo. Is it strange that Payton didn't have his boys in prevent? Payton knew he was supposed to lose and he did it, to put MN over. The FG wasn't good enough, they needed to win in memorable fashion. Keenum flashing his allegiance to the elites before the play was even more disturbing. He waved his hands in the air, and made sure he flashed the pyramid and the devil horns. He ain't slick to the ones who know, but for those who choose to ignore the obvious and assume that people like me are crazy... he'll get them every time.

But that's reality, back to kayfabe...

I thought those kitties were getting away with a lot holding and uncalled DPIs, but I digress. It didn't determine the outcome of the game, suspect coaching on NE's part is what kept them in the game, suspect coaching on JAC's part is what destroyed their chances.

They are probably going to accuse the Patriots of manipulating the injury report rules with Brady’s hand

Reading opposing team forums is so much fun for me! Pure Gold!

Well the players are complaining about the officiating lol. Give me a break. You scored 6 points on offense in the second half and your vaunted defense couldn't make a stop to save their lives.

Awwwww aj bouyay is mayudddd

1st quarter of the NFC game, someone found this...
27072457_2063439837005602_1091814129226749326_n.jpg

They’re also claiming rigging because New England didn’t get called for more than one penalty all game, and are using the Dion Lewis game clinching run as proof. (Which basically had the type of holding you see on every play.)

Ok, I've watched that run about 5x on nfl.com, and there's nothing remotely looking like a hold on that play. What the heck are they talking about?

Can't hardly wait for the game two weeks from now. Good luck!

I’m still upset about comming two points from four bowls in a row

Maybe just maybe the difference in penalties was one team was more disciplined than the other.? Not to mention i think the Jags Got away with quite a few!
Oh teams like the Jags, Ravens, Chiefs, and Seattle are disciplined. It's just that they know the refs can't call everything and play accordingly.

Eagles are probably preparing their excuses already.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back