PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Ryan Switzer traded to the Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
6 catches for 41 yards, and on his third team after one year in the league...Wow the board has reached an all time low.

Clearly you can't be bothered with the fact that he also does kick returns (25 YPR) and punt returns (8.8 YPR).. You probably think those don't count.

6 catches for 41 yards, and on his third team after one year in the league...Wow the board has reached an all time low.
It's Bill's handling of the WR position that has reached an all-time low.

Clearly you can't be bothered with the fact that he also does kick returns (25 YPR) and punt returns (8.8 YPR).. You probably think those don't count.
I do believe special teams is covered. I'm a little more concerned with an actual WR.
Patterson's 30.2 avg. over 5 years more than compares.

It does If both teams are dealing from positions of strength to help weaker areas. In this case trading Brown doesn’t make sense for us as we aren’t deep by any means at DT.

For golladay, your right he’s not a sure thing. He did flash at times as a rookie. Maybe Detroit thinks he can take the next step and put up good numbers with the increased snap count while also improving their DL depth.
There is no reason to believe any of that.
It’s only a topic because someone said browns on the last year of his contract. Maybe he could be traded. Patricia must like him. Who can we get. Tate’s in the last year of his contract.
When you get an inch last that it doesn’t make sense for with team.

Sure maybe a team might want to dump their best wr to try and see if a mediocre 2nd year guy might improve, but it’s doubtful any team actually would.

There is no reason to believe any of that.
It’s only a topic because someone said browns on the last year of his contract. Maybe he could be traded. Patricia must like him. Who can we get. Tate’s in the last year of his contract.
When you get an inch last that it doesn’t make sense for with team.

Sure maybe a team might want to dump their best wr to try and see if a mediocre 2nd year guy might improve, but it’s doubtful any team actually would.

Agreed this is all speculation at this point. Even Reiss is guilty of it.

Agreed this is all speculation at this point. Even Reiss is guilty of it.
Reiss is clear that he made it up out of thin air and that it’s probably got no chance in hell.

We have guys who can do it. It will probably be jones. If not hogan, Chung, McCarron, Dorsett and Patterson have all worked there in camp.

If Cyrus makes the team, yes but are you really that confident in his ability to PR? After 2016?

Chung is a upman, fair catch guy. Hes a last resort.

McC, Dorsett and Toast are not proven PRs at this level.

We can get a guy off of cutdowns that will cost nothing.

Maybe. What if another team puts in a claim for a PR that NE wanted?

Switzer is no better than any of those plans.

Hes is the most proven PR of all of them.

Tate caught 92 passes last year.(4th straight 90+) he is their best receiver. Golladay is far from a sure thing.
Tate 92 in 789 snaps golladay 28 in 473.
If you are trading him because he is in the last year of his contract why are you trading for a guy in the last year of his contract? Makes no sense.
Agree. Only way you take on Tate for picks is extend his deal

If Cyrus makes the team, yes but are you really that confident in his ability to PR? After 2016?

Chung is a upman, fair catch guy. Hes a last resort.

McC, Dorsett and Toast are not proven PRs at this level.

Maybe. What if another team puts in a claim for a PR that NE wanted?

Hes is the most proven PR of all of them.
Barely. And he isn’t exactly a star at it. Not worth giving up picks.

All depends on the pick. If its a 7th rounder who cares.
I see it as giving up something for nothing. There are plenty of guys out there as good or better than Switzer.

...There are plenty of guys out there as good or better than Switzer.
Yes there are, but none of them play for the NEP, and none of them will be available when it's our turn to make a waiver claim.
I would've made that trade.

Yes there are, but none of them play for the NEP, and none of them will be available when it's our turn to make a waiver claim.
I would've made that trade.
There will be plenty out on the street.
Guys like him are a dime a dozen only he keeps getting dumped. That should tell you something.

Not all JAGs are created equal.

The, um, PR & KOR positions and possibly for the first 4 games the Slot WR position?

We made, literally, the exact same trade (5th for player and 6th) for Cordarrelle Patterson earlier this offseason and you ripped into it because it wasn't the Raiders high 6th rounder we got back. He's the #2 all time KR and has actually produced on offense. So I'm confused by what Switzer has done to make the exact trade worth it for him.

I'm curious if there's something going on behind the scenes -- he was electric in college, but this is the third team he's been on now. I wonder why he's traded so frequently.

Third team and he has been in the league 1 year. Weird.

We made, literally, the exact same trade (5th for player and 6th) for Cordarrelle Patterson earlier this offseason and you ripped into it because it wasn't the Raiders high 6th rounder we got back. He's the #2 all time KR and has actually produced on offense. So I'm confused by what Switzer has done to make the exact trade worth it for him.
Since the Patterson trade, we have:
- lost Edelman for the first 4 games;
- lost Amendola;
- traded Cooks;
- waived/injured Mitchell, Matthews & Britt;
- and seen Decker come & go.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes