OT: Ryan Switzer traded to the Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the Patterson trade, we have:
- lost Amendola;
- traded Cooks;
- waived/injured Mitchell, Matthews & Britt;
- and seen Decker come & go.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

I could be wrong but Amendola was gone before the Patterson trade. Even if not, outside of Danny, none of the other losses have any impact on the KR or PR spots.

I'm not saying Switzer is incapable of coming in and helping out, but expecting someone who caught 6 passes for 41 yards last year to come in two weeks before the season starts to successfully be our slot WR for the first month seems to be beyond wishful thinking. If trading for him is because of his abilities as a returner, what do the losses of Cooks, Mitchell, Matthews, Britt and Decker have to do with that?

...If trading for him is because of his abilities as a returner, what do the losses of Cooks, Mitchell, Matthews, Britt and Decker have to do with that?
Because we need bodies at WR, especially young ones, and Switzer is a better option now as a Slot WR than Barrio or McCarron will ever be, and I no longer want to see Edelman return punts.

I could be wrong but Amendola was gone before the Patterson trade. Even if not, outside of Danny, none of the other losses have any impact on the KR or PR spots.

I'm not saying Switzer is incapable of coming in and helping out, but expecting someone who caught 6 passes for 41 yards last year to come in two weeks before the season starts to successfully be our slot WR for the first month seems to be beyond wishful thinking. If trading for him is because of his abilities as a returner, what do the losses of Cooks, Mitchell, Matthews, Britt and Decker have to do with that?
Amendola signed before Toast but I'm 99.9% sure Pats knew DA was not coming back

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes