PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Ravens @ Colts game discussion (AFC Divisional Round)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't think Philip Rivers and the Chargers offense can manage more than 3 points on the Colts defense? The Chargers are averaging 28 points a game this season, and the Colts managed to score only 20 on the Ravens. Also, you have to factor in that the Chargers have knocked the Colts out of the playoffs two years in a row, and have won 4 out of the last 5 times the two teams have played. The Chargers match up well against the Colts.

yes they do. you dont have get that touchy about your team. On the road against the colts in the dome with that fast defense and those flags too.And your team doesnt play as great a defense like the ravens do at least in the run game .Chargers are the sexy pick to beat the colts since last two months since its a good story but i wont be surprised if the colts reverse the trend here.

Last edited:
That play with Garcon poking the ball out was like when Troy Brown did the same thing on an INT

Last edited:
nfln showed how the refs called no PI on bracket on the missed pass to ray rice on the 3rd and 3 which led to the failed 4th and 3.

yes they do. you dont have get that touchy about your team. On the road against the colts in the dome with that fast defense and those flags too.And your team doesnt play as great a defense like the ravens do at least in the run game .Chargers are the sexy pick to beat the colts since last two months since its a good story but i wont be surprised if the colts reverse the trend here.

The only thing that worries me is that the refs will be on the side of the Colts. Also, why does our run defense matter? The Colts are the 32nd ranked rushing team, so we don't have to worry about them running the ball. It will be a showdown between Rivers and Manning; whichever team can stop the pass better will win.

Were we really that bad, is the Baltimore offense stinking up the joint or is the Colts defense really playing that well?

Peyton sure is something.

Yes, we were that bad. That's exactly why the guys that were saying our defense this year was not that good were scratching their heads as the Pats were going into the playoffs trying to figure out why people were actually saying that our defense was good.

give credit to the colts D. they shut down the ravens running game and tackled well as bad as the ravens offense was.

I'm pretty sure that its fair to say that the reason we lost is because our offense was playing worse than the Ravens offense was today, and the reason the Colts won so impressively today is because their offense was actually performing like a good offense is suppose to perform

Yes, the Colts scored a whopping 6 points more than the Patriots did last week.

The only thing that worries me is that the refs will be on the side of the Colts. Also, why does our run defense matter? The Colts are the 32nd ranked rushing team, so we don't have to worry about them running the ball. It will be a showdown between Rivers and Manning; whichever team can stop the pass better will win.

well..they will run the ball better in the playoffs you have to think. Also , their D today was impressive . For small Defene they tackled well and shut down ray rice . Lets see how the chargers handle the jets tomorrow on defense who also run the ball a lot .

The only thing that worries me is that the refs will be on the side of the Colts.

It should worry you - for some reason, this team is blessed when it comes to refereeing. It's as if the entire team is Lebron James, and the referees are NBA refs.

Yes, the Colts scored a whopping 6 points more than the Patriots did last week.

well..the ravens scored 11 points after the first quarter last week. The sad part was the series before half time when the ravens lined up inside the 5 and just ran their way to halftime and we couldnt stop them.
compare today with indy before halftime and their D stopped the ravens when it counted and gave the ball back to manning.Today's colts performance pisses me off more about our D last week than offense which just had to stop the run to keepus in the game and today a smaller faster defense did it.

give credit to the colts D. they shut down the ravens running game and tackled well as bad as the ravens offense was.

They were watching our game and figured that the Ravens passing game just wasn't there so they went after the running game. Looks like they gambled in the right area.

I hate the Jets, but you shouldn't look past them and to the Colts. That defense is better than you think and your running game isn't exactly something they have to respect (outside of dump offs to Sproles out of the backfield). On top of that, Revis is most likely going to take Jackson completely out of the game. Due to the Sanchize factor, I think you guys will win. But this is going to be a tougher game than Charger fans are giving it credit for.

They were watching our game and figured that the Ravens passing game just wasn't there so they went after the running game. Looks like they gambled in the right area.

well...the pats also knew the ravens were just going to run the ball and line up 8-9 people in the box and still the ravens o line dominated our D line and LB's.I dont think the colts needed to see the pats game to get a heads up. Evne the pats knew they had to stop the run first .There was no surprise there. As much hate there is for the colts give credit where credit is due.

Let's be more blunt. I WISH our defense played as well last week as Indy's did this week. The difference was dramatic.

I hate the Jets, but you shouldn't look past them and to the Colts. That defense is better than you think and your running game isn't exactly something they have to respect (outside of dump offs to Sproles out of the backfield). On top of that, Revis is most likely going to take Jackson completely out of the game. Due to the Sanchize factor, I think you guys will win. But this is going to be a tougher game than Charger fans are giving it credit for.

if the jets get the running game going like the last two games they will win this thing especially considering chargers's run defense.

well..they will run the ball better in the playoffs you have to think. Also , their D today was impressive . For small Defene they tackled well and shut down ray rice . Lets see how the chargers handle the jets tomorrow on defense who also run the ball a lot .

From what I saw on my phone, their D wasn't that impressive. It was pretty easy for them to tee off on the run since Flacco was practically crippled. It's just too bad our defense couldn't do that and our offense couldn't stop turning the ball over.

sorry..the Rats will implode and 8-15chez will cry on Tubby Wrecks fat folds in front of the entire viewing public

From what I saw on my phone, their D wasn't that impressive. It was pretty easy for them to tee off on the run since Flacco was practically crippled. It's just too bad our defense couldn't do that and our offense couldn't stop turning the ball over.

Well our defense also knew that flacco was crippled so they certainly were better than us.Plus regardless, they tackle very well and dont give up YAC a lot .Iam not sure the SD pass defense either thats why iam not that big a believer that the chargers can beat the colts this yr. SD's defenses were better in the past yrs.

Yes, we were that bad. That's exactly why the guys that were saying our defense this year was not that good were scratching their heads as the Pats were going into the playoffs trying to figure out why people were actually saying that our defense was good.

Actually we weren't that bad on defense, and anyone scratching their heads about the defense against the Ravens wasn't watching the game.

We were terrible on offense, but we weren't -that- bad on defense. Aside from the blown first play of the game (83 yard TD), Rice had 3.6 YPC, McGahee 3.1 YPC. Aside from the 24 point first quarter, the Ravens didn't do much of anything, and let's recap how that first quarter went...

Drive 1:
------------
1st play of game, 83 yard TD run... OK that was terrible, but give it a mulligan

Drive 2:
-----------
Brady fumbles on 3rd play, Ravens recover at 17 yard line
Ravens score making it 14-0.

Drive 3:
------------
Pats go 3 & out
Ravens go 3 & out

Drive 4:
-------------
Brady throws INT on 4th play, Ravens end up on 25
Ravens score making it 21-0.

Drive 5:
-------------
Brady throws INT on 2nd play, Ravens run back to 9
Ravens settle for FG, 24-0.

The offense gave that game away. No defense can be expected to stop another team when given that field position (17,25,9) that quickly (3 plays, 4 plays, 2 plays) by the offense.

The offense ran a grand total of 9 non-turnover plays in 4 possessions in the 1st quarter by the time it was 24-0.

Brady was finally forced to spread the ball around to guys like Aiken, and that was the reason we lost. But then again people accuse Brady of having a "bad" year because he wasn't spreading it around to these guys...

sorry..the Rats will implode and 8-15chez will cry on Tubby Wrecks fat folds in front of the entire viewing public

possiblity of rain tommorow will favor the jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back