PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT - Rams @ Saints thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobDigital

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
The early Rams @ Saints game AKA The Patriot under card game.

This should be a good one. Any thoughts on who you want to win or who you think should win? Why or why not? How about some match ups you think will be crucial.

Personally I believe this will be the first of two games in which the old guard holds up against the new kids on the blocks. While the Rams had a good showing last week against the run they still have one of the worst run Ds in the NFL (and not by design or personnel). What they did last week had more to do with Dak than their defense IMO. Any team can do well stopping the run when the opposing pass game is ineffectual. Against the Saints the Rams will have to try to guard both the air and ground and will fail to do either well. Goff is by far the worst QB left in these playoffs. Since Kupp has gone out the offense has taken a bit of a step back. Goff has been more likely to look subpar than not recently. Even after 16 carries for 115 yards I don't believe Gurley is back to his old self. When CJ Anderson fresh off the couch can run 123 yards against you it means your front 7 lost badly. Personally I don't see the burst there (at least horizontally. North to South he is still pretty good). This Rams offense right now is looking limpy. Still one of the best but a few precious PPG have been shaved off.

The saving grace for the Rams may be how banged up the Saints OL is. We saw what a fatal weakness that could be vs the Chargers. That being said, if tsucEagles couldn't get to Brees much I don't see why the Rams will. They didn't have much success in that area last game either.

As for the Saints I think the law of averages is on their side. They had a rough game last week with a fair amount of sloppy plays and uncharacteristic mistakes. It is unlikely they come out so flat 2 weeks in a row. As for the Rams they looked like a team that didn't have to execute much to to blow right past the inept Cowboys. The fact is that game should have been a blow out and yet they failed to ever pull away more than 2 scores at any point even with the Cowboys mostly laying an egg on both sides of the ball.

Last edited:
We want the Saints to win! We are GATE breaux. Where is that awesome Saints fan with the piggy avatar?

Pats and Saints would be epic. No matter what happened, everyone in Atlanta would kill themselves.

Rams are going to win. The saints are beat up on both their offense and defensive lines. I believe the Saints are the better team but health is the equalizer here.

I want the Saints to win but I think the Rams are a much more physical team. I don't expect a high scoring game.

Rams have the better RB. They have the better D.L. by far. They have better receivers as a whole. I can't see how they lose this game. And if the Pats were to make the SB, the Saints would be a much easier opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back