PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Portnoy In Trouble?

During the pandemic, Portnoy was a regular on Tucker Carlson's show...I wonder if they'll ever bring him back now.

Can't read the article. Half joking but at this point people should have both parties DocuSign something before proceeding with further action.

A lesser person than me might tell you that holding the ESC button as the page is loading (you might need to try it a few times to get the timing right) would bipass the paywall. However, I'm not in the business of giving people a workaround to access that article.

Truthfully, one of the things that's always driven me nuts is Barstool came to where it is largely due to the college girl photo section they had/have. That's essentially how they built their following - exploiting young girls - and how things started way back when. He's been around as long as I have and for him to reach this point, especially at his age (he's two years younger than me) and prey on girls that young, I just don't get it and certainly don't agree with it.
I think Portnoy is a slime.

Hes a soft core version of Bob Guccione.

Cheated on his wife.

Sex tapes.

Might have some kind of sex addiction.

Clearly needs help or jail.

Social media should be a father’s worst nightmare. I would hate to be a father of a teenage daughter in this age. Now women have more convenient ways to contact guys who could be dirt bags. And knowing my 19 year old daughter wanting to sleep with a 44 year old man is disturbing.

Regarding Portnoy, he could be a total sh*t head, but the texts that she “likes to be r*ped without control” doesn’t exactly help her cause. However, finding that tape could put him away.

We can say Portney could be wrongly accused, but this goes with the territory of celebrities using their status having one night stands with random women at any age (over 18 of course).

I think Portnoy is a slime.

Hes a soft core version of Bob Guccione.

Cheated on his wife.

Sex tapes.

Might have some kind of sex addiction.

Clearly needs help or jail.
Yeah...I didn't realize he had been married and was divorced. If I was him, I would have been spending time with my wife and traveling, enjoying no longer having to work my full-time gig or be stressed about bills. Again, I just don't get it.

Truthfully, one of the things that's always driven me nuts is Barstool came to where it is largely due to the college girl photo section they had/have. That's essentially how they built their following - exploiting young girls - and how things started way back when. He's been around as long as I have and for him to reach this point, especially at his age (he's two years younger than me) and prey on girls that young, I just don't get it and certainly don't agree with it.

Ian, it's a great example of how society generally rewards the worst people with fame and money. Let's take you this as an example. Both you and Portnoy started media endeavors back in the late 90s/early 2000s.

Your endeavor was to provide people with an excellent platform that gives users the best experience for Patriots fandom; many people have come to this board with personal problems and found it is a great environment to find actual help with genuine people. Though you certainly could have, you've never sold out the site for cheesy advertisements and have only monetized occassionally so you can get back some of the personal costs you're paying to provide this service.

Meanwhile, if anyone read the article about Portnoy, I don't think he's helped one person in any tangible way. He's essentially just created a talk radio version of the internet and is frequently rewarded by appealing to the very lowest segment of the population. He seems like a total arrogant ******* consumed with his own day-to-day carnal desires. His "brand" seems to be more about his personality cult.

When it comes to "success" it obvious which of you has actually been more successful, and I haven't even got into family/personal stuff, where he's a deadbeat. Measuring success by money and fame isn't just foolish but so often the inverse of the truth.

Yeah...I didn't realize he had been married and was divorced. If I was him, I would have been spending time with my wife and traveling, enjoying no longer having to work my full-time gig or be stressed about bills. Again, I just don't get it.
You never will Ian because your happiness and priority is your family and seeing other people do OK.

Portnoy doesn't give two ****s about anyone but himself. Classic megalomaniac.

Ian, it's a great example of how society generally rewards the worst people with fame and money. Let's take you this as an example. Both you and Portnoy started media endeavors back in the late 90s/early 2000s.

Your endeavor was to provide people with an excellent platform that gives users the best experience for Patriots fandom; many people have come to this board with personal problems and found it is a great environment to find actual help with genuine people. Though you certainly could have, you've never sold out the site for cheesy advertisements and have only monetized occassionally so you can get back some of the personal costs you're paying to provide this service.

Meanwhile, if anyone read the article about Portnoy, I don't think he's helped one person in any tangible way. He's essentially just created a talk radio version of the internet and is frequently rewarded by appealing to the very lowest segment of the population. He seems like a total arrogant ******* consumed with his own day-to-day carnal desires. His "brand" seems to be more about his personality cult.

When it comes to "success" it obvious which of you has actually been more successful, and I haven't even got into family/personal stuff, where he's a deadbeat. Measuring success by money and fame isn't just foolish but so often the inverse of the truth.
Portnoy of all people should be humble. I remember Barstool when it first started and it was an afterthought. There was a time they were only known for showing half naked women on their website. It was pointless.

He even said it himself that he was struggling for many years and thought he wasn’t going to make. His hard work obviously paid off, but I think the rise of social media is what saved him.

I’m confused why people can’t read the article? I clicked on the link and read about half but it’s way too long.

You never will Ian because your happiness and priority is your family and seeing other people do OK.

Portnoy doesn't give two ****s about anyone but himself. Classic megalomaniac.

I read his comment section...his supporters are definitely not backing him quite like he might have been expecting. Even if he's ultimately not found legally liable for anything, the stories seem to be believable enough where it definitely reflects badly on him. As I've said, as a father with a young daughter, I don't feel bad for him.

As far as Barstool goes - I'll never be "successful" here, and I'm O.K. with that. And whenever this ride does come to an end - or if I'm ever attacked and killed by a wild band of squirrels - all that I can hope for is that anyone who ever thinks back on this place or me will hopefully have relatively good things to say. If that ends up being the case, I'll be good with that. However, I'd also like to cross my fingers that it will be a long time - and a few more Super Bowl titles - before things ever get to that point. ;)

Didn't read
Not gonna read

That being said......seems very convenient this rehashed story drops the same day Penn National reports earnings.
The skeptic in me views this hit piece not as a coincidence but as a precisely timed device likely commissioned by shorts hoping to induce PENN stock price pain.
A "sex" story in a "business" journal..........
Michael J Fox Marty GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

Agenda narratives aren't limited to cable news stations and AM radio. Business media is as corrupt if not more because the stakes can be massive. These days, many business publications don't even attempt to disguise agenda driven published materials, they depend on the revenue....and by that I mean writers and/or the subjects of the articles pay the magazine/website to run their disguised "infomercials"

Example: scroll down to the disclaimers
5 Things You Need To Know About The World’s Hottest Oil Play | OilPrice.com
"SHARE OWNERSHIP. The owner of Oilprice.com owns shares of this featured company and therefore has an additional incentive to see the featured company’s stock perform well."

I could tell you stories about an indicted stock fraud scumbag that bought off a Barons reporter to write glowing reports before and during the trial.
etc etc etc

Last edited:
And whenever this ride does come to an end - or if I'm ever attacked and killed by a wild band of squirrels - all that I can hope for is that anyone who ever thinks back on this place or me will hopefully have relatively good things to say.

5t024b.gif

"Ian, owner of PatsFans.com, passed away today unexpectedly. He is remembered by his former patrons for being a good guy and an uncanny predictor of random animal violence."

:whistle:

Didn't read
Not gonna read

That being said......seems very convenient this rehashed story drops the same day Penn National reports earnings.
The skeptic in me views this hit piece not as a coincidence but as a precisely timed device likely commissioned by shorts hoping to induce PENN stock price pain.
A "sex" story in a "business" journal..........
Michael J Fox Marty GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

Agenda narratives aren't limited to cable news stations and AM radio. Business media is as corrupt if not more because the stakes can be massive. These days, many business publications don't even attempt to disguise agenda driven published materials, they depend on the revenue....and by that I mean writers and/or the subjects of the articles pay the magazine/website to run their disguised "infomercials"

The stock did go down 20% today.

Of course, a journalist also may have timed this precisely because it won’t be ignored or downplayed.

This is literally rape.

According to the Insider article, one woman texted a friend two days after having sex with Portnoy at his Nantucket home, saying, “It was so rough I felt like I was being raped he video taped me and spit in my mouth and choked me so hard I couldn’t breathe.” She also told her friend, according to the Insider report, “And it hurt and I was literally screaming in pain… I kept trying to get away and he was like, ‘Stop running away from me. Stop running away from me.'” But despite her protests, Portnoy “just went harder,” according to the woman, who was identified as “Madison” by Insider.

The stock did go down 20% today.

Of course, a journalist also may have timed this precisely because it won’t be ignored or downplayed.
The stories were in the NY Post 6 months ago
------
How it usually works......
Articles suggesting "irregularities" are often followed by multiple class action action law firms announcing they are putting together class action lawsuits against XYZ for stock improprieties/damages/etc and seek disgruntled shareholders.
Textbook short strategy....all in cahoots, all serving Mr. Hedgefund Short

I never know what to believe with these types of things with people in the public eye. I think it is dangerous to just decide to believe or not believe either side in something of this magnitude. Portnoy might be a total ass*ole but that doesn't necessarily make him a rapist and the girl might have DMed him at some point and that doesn't make her a liar. I have never really liked the rush to condemn someone while not knowing most of the facts.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back