PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Peyton Manning out 4-6 weeks after knee surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: How many games will Colt lose without Manning in the first 4 weeks?

It's been said multiple times he will be ready for the opener. Is stupidity common on these boards? Read.

Multiple times you say? Well then I guess that rules out a setback.

If they only said it once there might be some chance of rehab taking longer, but multiple times? That clinches it.

Thanks for the clarification. Nice post by the way.

Re: How many games will Colt loose without Manning in the first 4 weeks?

even with Sorgi at QB, the Colts win.

Did you see the week 17 game last year? The words "Sorgi" and "Colts win" really shouldn't be used together with any amount of confidence.

Did you see the week 17 game last year? The words "Sorgi" and "Colts win" really shouldn't be used together with any amount of confidence.

Yeah, but they are playing Wrecks Grossman's Bears. That could make for some brutal television.

Yeah, but they are playing Wrecks Grossman's Bears. That could make for some brutal television.

As long as the Colts punt and kickoff out of bounds, they may have a chance.

The words "Sorgi" and "Colts win" really shouldn't be used together with any amount of confidence.
The words Sorgi and Colts used together should = NFL investigation. As in - why were the Colts allowed to decide who made the playoffs between the Titans and Browns especially with Polian and Jeff Fisher both on the competition committee. It was the most disgusting exhibition of "sportsmanship" I have ever seen and we can only hope that Fisher doesn't owe Polian a vote on the next big competition committee vote for the favor the Colts did for Fisher. Of course it may have just been a Thank You from Polian to Fisher for Fisher's team's dirty hit on Harrison in 2006 which almost certainly won the Colts the SB that year.

Last edited:
Re: OT: Peyton Manning Has Knee Surgery

"(BTW, bursitis of the knee, or "housemaid's knee," is typically caused by repetitive kneeling. This is just one more important reason why QBs should not take a knee over and over, but always run up the score. )"

Peyton really should tell his boy Kenny Chesney that its time to switch positions once in a while.

Re: How many games will Colt lose without Manning in the first 4 weeks?

It's been said multiple times he will be ready for the opener. Is stupidity common on these boards? Read.

No, it's limited to the city where they spend their Memorial Day watching people make left turns for 2.5 hours...........

Perhaps you should go back and see the comments made about your moniker, one Marvin Harrison last year by Indy officials and how he'd only be out 2 weeks....then it was 4 weeks, then six, then eight........ and then it was the entire regular season...Credibility isn't their strong suit......

Back in the hole troll................

Marvin's knee ruptured. And then there was actual structural damage to it. It was pretty bad. He should have gone right into surgery. Then he hurt his other knee.

He had surgery when the season was over. Reports are that he running pain free for the first time since he got hurt.

As for Manning. I have no worries. It was a clean procedure and he might be back in 3 weeks Dungy said. He had it done since it was starting to get infected. Before that you could see the huge bulge on his knee since the pro bowl.

I expect the Colts to be very conservative in TC and preseason. They normally are anyway.

The words Sorgi and Colts used together should = NFL investigation. As in - why were the Colts allowed to decide who made the playoffs between the Titans and Browns especially with Polian and Jeff Fisher both on the competition committee. It was the most disgusting exhibition of "sportsmanship" I have ever seen and we can only hope that Fisher doesn't owe Polian a vote on the next big competition committee vote for the favor the Colts did for Fisher. Of course it may have just been a Thank You from Polian to Fisher for Fisher's team's dirty hit on Harrison in 2006 which almost certainly won the Colts the SB that year.

Yes. Harrison helped win the Colts the SB and then the Giants a year later.

He first got hurt trying to be dirty against Marvin Harrison in the regular season game in 2006.

Yes. Harrison helped win the Colts the SB and then the Giants a year later.

He first got hurt trying to be dirty against Marvin Harrison in the regular season game in 2006.
Yeah, whatever, there's a lot of possible quid pro quo going on with Polian and Fisher that I don't like. What the Colts did Week 17 was a disgrace and I'd like to think that Belichick wouldn't do that for a game with other teams' playoff implications - although I don't know for sure that he wouldn't.

Yeah, whatever, there's a lot of possible quid pro quo going on with Polian and Fisher that I don't like. What the Colts did Week 17 was a disgrace and I'd like to think that Belichick wouldn't do that for a game with other teams' playoff implications - although I don't know for sure that he wouldn't.

The way the Titans were hitting I was almost glad to see Manning, Wayne and Addai leave the game in one piece. They were tackling Wayne like they wanted to hurt him too.

And with all the injuries we already anyway.

I have noticed nothing with Polian and Fisher. Maybe you guys are paranoid because you hate them.

The Browns have nobody to blame but themselves. Why should it be up to the Colts to get a team into the playoffs when they had chances to snatch a playoff spot themselves and failed.

Last edited:
On timing of the surgery.

No one seems to have noticed the simple answer of Pay-me-a-ton's financial committment to that other "sport league"; i.e. that he needed to be off crutches for the finals - " the DSRL". :D

Marvin's knee ruptured. And then there was actual structural damage to it. It was pretty bad. He should have gone right into surgery. Then he hurt his other knee.

The point isn't that Marvin was hurt enough to miss games. The point is that the Colts listed him as questionable (50-50 for playing) for over a month and a half. Try flipping a coin 6-8 times and see if it comes up heads every time. They didn't even change the designation on Saturday when it should have been painfully obvious Marvin was at least doubtful to play on Sunday.

Teams generally prepare for playing against guys listed as questionable. There is a big difference in your defensive gameplan if Marvin is lined up opposite Wayne as opposed to Crap. Did that give the Colts an unfair advantage in their preparation against opponents? You decide.

The point isn't that Marvin was hurt enough to miss games. The point is that the Colts listed him as questionable (50-50 for playing) for over a month and a half. Try flipping a coin 6-8 times and see if it comes up heads every time. They didn't even change the designation on Saturday when it should have been painfully obvious Marvin was at least doubtful to play on Sunday.

Teams generally prepare for playing against guys listed as questionable. There is a big difference in your defensive gameplan if Marvin is lined up opposite Wayne as opposed to Crap. Did that give the Colts an unfair advantage in their preparation against opponents? You decide.

I'm not sure I entirely agree with this. Certain injuries can be on the verge of getting better but just seem to linger forever partially because of age. I think Harrison was just short of being able to play for quite a while last year.

I'm not sure I entirely agree with this. Certain injuries can be on the verge of getting better but just seem to linger forever partially because of age. I think Harrison was just short of being able to play for quite a while last year.

Whatever. If you want to believe the Colts really thought that Marvin had a 50-50 shot of playing for that long, that's your choice. The only way it makes sense (without downgrading him to "doubtful" or "out" during the week) is if Marvin was reasonably healthy on Wednesday, improved towards being gametime ready through Saturday and had a setback on Sunday. Having that scenario play out once or twice, I buy that. 6-8 times...not so much.

If the Pats listed Moss as "doubtful" for 2 months and he played every week, do you think the Pats would get a pass from the media and understanding from the league office? Exactly.

Whatever. If you want to believe the Colts really thought that Marvin had a 50-50 shot of playing for that long, that's your choice. The only way it makes sense (without downgrading him to "doubtful" or "out" during the week) is if Marvin was reasonably healthy on Wednesday, improved towards being gametime ready through Saturday and had a setback on Sunday. Having that scenario play out once or twice, I buy that. 6-8 times...not so much.

If the Pats listed Moss as "doubtful" for 2 months and he played every week, do you think the Pats would get a pass from the media and understanding from the league office? Exactly.

No, the Pats wouldn't get a pass on anything obviously. But that doesn't mean the Colts were lying. If it was swelling I cans see how they could reasonably think at the beginning of the week that it's possible to come down by gametime. If they listed him as "doubtful" and then all of a sudden he showed up to play people would complain even more.

No, the Pats wouldn't get a pass on anything obviously. But that doesn't mean the Colts were lying. If it was swelling I cans see how they could reasonably think at the beginning of the week that it's possible to come down by gametime. If they listed him as "doubtful" and then all of a sudden he showed up to play people would complain even more.

That doesn't happen for 8 weeks. If it happens a couple of times, they shut you down to give it time to heal completely. Only incompetent medical personnel would keep going with a cycle that kept players out for 8+ weeks if 2 weeks of rest would do the trick.

Last edited:
That doesn't happen for 8 weeks. If it happens a couple of times, they shut you down to give it time to heal completely. Only incompetent medical personnel would keep going with a cycle that kept players out for 8+ weeks if 2 weeks of rest would do the trick.

The Marvin situation was weird. I think they thought he was going to be back before he was. He rested it for a while and came back and played a game. After that they realized that he came back too early. Then he wasn't practicing, they were evaluating on a week by week basis to see when he was fianlly ready to come back. They were probably a little overly cautious bringing him back the second time making sure he was good to go.

I think it's a little ironic though that Patriots fan are concerned about the semantics and validity of someone on the injury report. If the Patriots would have had Bray under contract when he was born it would have read...

Tom Brady - born at 7:18 am weighing 7 pounds 12 onces and 21 inches long. Probable right shoulder.

The Marvin situation was weird. I think they thought he was going to be back before he was. He rested it for a while and came back and played a game. After that they realized that he came back too early. Then he wasn't practicing, they were evaluating on a week by week basis to see when he was fianlly ready to come back. They were probably a little overly cautious bringing him back the second time making sure he was good to go.

I think it's a little ironic though that Patriots fan are concerned about the semantics and validity of someone on the injury report. If the Patriots would have had Bray under contract when he was born it would have read...

Tom Brady - born at 7:18 am weighing 7 pounds 12 onces and 21 inches long. Probable right shoulder.

I've got no problem with teams playing loose with the injury report, since I think the injury report is actually dangerous to players rehabbing injuries. I do have a problem with people acting as if the Colts don't do it, though.

Last edited:

So describe a situation where a player was questionable on Wednesday, stayed questionable throughout the week and didn't play on Sunday. Now replay that situation every week for 2 months and tell me it doesn't point to the Colts either being morons or liars. By the way, giving an accurate injury report is a rule. Purposefully violating a rule with the intent of gaining a competitive advantage is cheating. I think I heard that somewhere.

As for Brady, I've explained this a million times but will give it another go.
  • Belichick hates the injury reporting rule.
  • Belichick got his hand slapped for taking liberties with the injury list.
  • Belichick put guidelines in place about how people get listed on the injury report...including that if you get touched by a trainer (hopefully in a professional way), you get listed.
  • Brady gets his throwing shoulder treated/iced/wrapped by the training staff after every practice, so he gets listed.
  • Since there is no doubt he is going to play (meaning no deception), he is "probable".
  • The league knows Belichick is really just screwing with the injury report, but since he has a reasonable procedure for listing players, they can't do anything about it.

Your ability to give an equally plausible explanation for Marvin being "questionable" for half a season? Doubtful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News