PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2021 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Good for him. Love em, hate em, but thank em both for giving us years of an all-time great rivalry. So many classics.

Yeah but he's still a goober in my book. Everyone wanted Fourhead to be the next greatest but Brady stole that dream and shoved it up their collective butthurt asses.

The only QB I'd put in Brady's stratosphere but still miles below is Joe cool.

Yeah but he's still a goober in my book. Everyone wanted Fourhead to be the next greatest but Brady stole that dream and shoved it up their collective butthurt asses.

The only QB I'd put in Brady's stratosphere but still miles below is Joe cool.
That's another thing I hate about the media nowadays they keep wanting to Rodgers/Mahomes in Brady's tier, but he's all alone and it's not even close. They're definitely not even in Peytons level either let alone Montana.

That's another thing I hate about the media nowadays they keep wanting to Rodgers/Mahomes in Brady's tier, but he's all alone and it's not even close. They're definitely not even in Peytons level either let alone Montana.

Rodgers, just like Favre before, will "fall" in all time rankings once he is retired. Once he does not play every Sunday and people start analyzing the entire body of work, they'll find the cracks in the resume.

Mahomes, too soon to tell.

He's the one Brady was angling for, right?

Doubt it we were told in here Brady hates rookies and is why Harry busted, but ya I don’t know I do remover Ariens was all over him on draft night

Letting Godwin go next year would be a horrible mistake. It’s AB who will hopefully be expendable.

Not when they have to pay Carlton Davis you let Godwin walk 100/100 times you already have Evans. You don’t lose your best corner to keep your second best WR or hell third best if AB is AB

Tom was very close to a bunch of those early dynasty guys. His best friend of all people was Lawyer. Obviously as he got older and he became the elder statesman on the team his relations with his teammates naturally became more professional over personal which is fine. Just from my own observations over the years I think Welker was the last teammate he was really hang out at the house friends with. Obviously he loved Gronk and Eldelman but he’s 10 years older than them lol. They’ve said many times that Brady when he’s away from the stadium is in his own world. The days of hanging out with and going out to dinner with other teammates and pounding beers ended when that first dynasty all aged out.
You would hope so. Once you have kids family comes first. Before everything. More young marriages and families have been destroyed by young husbands still wanting to hang out with their buddies and pound beers. I mean grow the **** up. Only makes me respect Brady more.

Re: Brady and Darden.

I found it.

Did Jaelon Darden Arrive Tom Brady-Approved?

“[Tom Brady] is really excited about getting Jaelon Darden,” Tampa Bay head coach Bruce Arians said. “You talk about an explosive guy that reminds me so much of when I had Emmanuel Sanders when he was young and Jon Brown. A combination of those guys. He is fearless over the middle, can really catch the ball away from his body like Emmanuel could, and he has great hands. With his return ability, he can really help us.”

"Tom Brady is really excited about getting Jaelon Darden"

Forbes published this list of the NFL franchise values. Bucs are 21st with a value of newly $3 BILLION, an increase of 29 percent.

It took Brady one season to put the Bucs above the Chiefs.

rofl.gif

Here is Peyton Manning talking about Tom Brady & Bruce Arians flying in for his #NFL Hall of Fame enshrinement this weekend & sitting in his section…

Despite the on-field competition, they found a way to build a cooperative relationship away from the field. Buccaneers quarterbacks coach Clyde Christensen, who also has coached Peyton Manning, explained that the duo once spent a few days together in the offseason in Chattanooga, Tennessee, at a time when both men were in their thirties.

“There was no peer to talk to that understood what they were going through except each other,” Christensen said, via Stroud. “The demands, the lights, the pressure — all those things. They had a little summit where they worked out together and they threw together and they trained together and then they’d sit and talk, and they had a great list of topics they went through. How do you work out now? How do you handle blitz packages? How do you handle a difficult receiver? How do you handle the media. . . . For the great ones, it’s about getting better and playing great, and they do bring that out in each other. Also, they’re willing to help each other. No one but Brady and Manning pull that off, and nobody knew about it.”

Peyton Manning, Tom Brady once got together for several days in the offseason to compare notes - ProFootballTalk

Weren't we targeting Sanders at one point when he was a RFA? The Bucs got this guy in the fourth round while Bill was drafting a 230 lb RB.
I just don't get the philosophy at all anymore. We totally need to be adding dynamic receivers/PR like this guy and WR was our biggest need and here is Tampa, loaded at the position, taking this guy in the 4th. No wonder Brady is so happy these days.

Weren't we targeting Sanders at one point when he was a RFA? The Bucs got this guy in the fourth round while Bill was drafting a 230 lb RB.
I just don't get the philosophy at all anymore. We totally need to be adding dynamic receivers/PR like this guy and WR was our biggest need and here is Tampa, loaded at the position, taking this guy in the 4th. No wonder Brady is so happy these days.
Lost out to the Broncos

Didn't the Patriots actually sign Sanders when he was a RFA and the Steelers matched it then the next year they didn't pursue him and he signed with the Broncos. I know the 1st part is true not sure about the 2nd part.

Visiting this thread is depressing.

Didn't the Patriots actually sign Sanders when he was a RFA and the Steelers matched it then the next year they didn't pursue him and he signed with the Broncos. I know the 1st part is true not sure about the 2nd part.
They actually pursued him in 2014, it just went under the radar. Sanders wanted the Pats to give him the same contract Amendola got and he would've accepted. Bill declined which was a mistake and came back to haunt them in 2015. Sanders would've lit it up with Brady.

Pats also tried to sign Steve Smith, but he was an idiot and didn't want to go on a tour so he immediately signed with the Ravens. He would've been another great signing.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back