PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2021 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

I’m actually starting to wonder for the first time if it’s us. Loooong way to go though. Let’s see what happens in the next few weeks first. That will tell us a lot.
The Rams. They matchup well vs the Bucs. They can get interior pressure and McVay owns Bowles

I don't disagree with your assessment. I do wonder, though, if Brady saw the defender. It looked like he might have been in line between the pass rush and Fournette when Brady let the ball go. So I wonder whether it was brain lock or failure to account.
Don't think Brady saw the guy. Point being dumb call, 2nd same play to that side. Brady could have, should have waived it off.

I’m actually starting to wonder for the first time if it’s us. Loooong way to go though. Let’s see what happens in the next few weeks first. That will tell us a lot.
IF we can get to the SB and it's against the Bucs, we beat 'em.

P.S. @TB12TheGoat And beat 'em bad.

Last edited:
Brady surely has the MVP now. 34 TD 370 yds today.
He is going to break 45 TD and 5000 yds in 16 games that’s ridiculous. Rodgers has 23 and nearly 1000 yds less plus incredibly lucky he wasn’t suspended for his covid lying.
If Brady has a good showing against the bills it’s wrapped next week

Brady surely has the MVP now. 34 TD 370 yds today.
He is going to break 45 TD and 5000 yds in 16 games that’s ridiculous. Rodgers has 23 and nearly 1000 yds less plus incredibly lucky he wasn’t suspended for his covid lying.
If Brady has a good showing against the bills it’s wrapped next week
People believe Rodgers is the MVP

He won't get votes. It will be Brady with Allen maybe getting a couple.
I don't know. I know ESPN and FS1 is scripted, but they're pushing the Rodgers MVP narrative with those mediocre stats.

Don't think Brady saw the guy. Point being dumb call, 2nd same play to that side. Brady could have, should have waived it off.
I agree. Really dumb to be passing down there on two straight plays with under 30 seconds to go and up 10 with Atlanta getting the ball in the second half. If the idea was to just put Leonard out in the flat like that then they should have just handed it off to him as opposed to trying that pass in the flat but honestly it was a really really great play by the defender. I don't think Brady did see him cut over and he made a great play to catch it and score.

Of course the defense did shut out Atlanta the entire second half. To me that's the more important aspect of the game. The defense needs to play like that for the bucs to really make a legit playoff run and win another title.

I don't know. I know ESPN and FS1 is scripted, but they're pushing the Rodgers MVP narrative with those mediocre stats.
The main issue for Rogers is he won it last year. He is not playing anywhere close to that same level this year and the bucs are the top scoring offense just like Green Bay was last year. The media has to try to pump somebody other than Brady for the next 5 weeks so why not Rodgers? If Allen ends up beating us tomorrow night they will be pushing him just as hard. You can book it.

People believe Rodgers is the MVP
With the covid and missed game and the whole lying crap, not to mention he does not have near the numbers Brady does. He would have to go crazy down the stretch. If we want to go by actual valuable, GB has a great defense that has won games for GB this year when the offense struggled.

He won't get votes. It will be Brady with Allen maybe getting a couple.
I think it could be unanimous. Especially if the Pats shut Allen down this month.

Allen isn't winning it but Mahomes is in play. He owns Denver so expect 5tds tonight and he will be in the mix even with the horrible start. When is the vote? After season I hope unlike pro bowl.

It’s pretty hard to go past Brady.

He number 1 in yards and TDs.

team is number 1 in yards per game and points per game. Best in DVOA. Will finish the season with at least 12 wins likely 13 possibly 14.

I believe he is the only player to ever win unanimously- could do it again. 4 MVP - only one behind Peyton

It’s pretty hard to go past Brady.

He number 1 in yards and TDs.

team is number 1 in yards per game and points per game. Best in DVOA. Will finish the season with at least 12 wins likely 13 possibly 14.

I believe he is the only player to ever win unanimously- could do it again. 4 MVP - only one behind Peyton
still can’t believe Peyton won MVP in 2008 and 2009

still can’t believe Peyton won MVP in 2008 and 2009

hwwi8.jpeg

SMB, Gholston and maybe Winfield all injured because Matt “garbage time” Ryan

Garbage Time was rushing to the line and showing urgency at the end of the game against 2nd teamers and defense trying not to get injured and playing off, and still he couldn't get a TD despite multiple tries within 5 yards at the end.

We're far enough along in the season that we can make 3 NFC division projections with relative certainty.

NFCE - Cowboys
NFCN - Packers
NFCS - Bucs

The Cardinals are in great shape for the AFCW. And, if they beat the Rams next week, we can pretty much call that division too.

That Saints loss just looms so incredibly large. Brady had the ball 1:40 and a timeout and just needed a field goal to win. Increasingly likely the difference between the 1 or 3 seed. Which means if chalk wins out the Bucs go into Green Bay in the divisional round.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back