PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Seahawks might take a big gamble and pay AB what he wants to try and keep Russell Wilson from shooting his way out.

Total speculation on my part, but this is how I'd expect it to play out and similar ot the numbers I used a few months ago. They'd be a little higher now post Super Bowl.

-Brown seeking $10M range
-Bucs offering $5-7M...or maybe more, but incentive-based
-Maybe there's a team willing to offer more guaranteed or somewhere in the $8M range

-Bucs will have a decision to make on whether or not to come up
-Brown will have a decision to make on whether or not to play for less

That's just based on my understanding of the market, what I'd be looking for if I'm Brown, and what I'd be willing to do if I'm the Bucs.

AB walking shouldn’t be that big of a deal as he was okay and they can find someone else to replace his production.

AB walking shouldn’t be that big of a deal as he was okay and they can find someone else to replace his production.
He had 45 receptions, on 62 targets, in just 8 games, and he did that while coming in off the street.

That's a pretty big deal.

Is anyone surprised that AB is looking for more money? I mean, we talked about Suh, Fournette, and AB as guys who were either historically mercenary (Suh) or caught in low money situations (Fournette, Brown) and would be looking for real pay days. Fournette gave up the quest faster than Brown, is all. Brown's still holding out hope that some other teams will offer him clothing store prices in a year where pretty much every team is only willing to pay yard sale prices for WRs.

Not shock with AB and there’s uncertainty with his trial coming up.

TAMPA, Fla. -- Tampa Bay Buccaneers general manager Jason Licht said Thursday that quarterback Tom Brady is progressing "very well" in his recovery from offseason knee surgery, described as a "minor surgical procedure."

He did not, however, provide a timetable on his recovery.

"I talked to him last week," Licht said. "I know things are going well. I don't want to put an exact timeline on it right now because I don't want to set expectations one way or the other, but I know that things are going very well."

GM: Brady progressing 'very well' from surgery

Interesting tidbit from the article:

A source close to the situation told ESPN that this was not a recent injury and that Brady had been planning the procedure for months and it was not a surprise.

Fitzgerald’s name came up but how much does he have left? Gonna be 38.

He had 45 receptions, on 62 targets, in just 8 games, and he did that while coming in off the street.

He's still very good.

Is anyone surprised that AB is looking for more money? I mean, we talked about Suh, Fournette, and AB as guys who were either historically mercenary (Suh) or caught in low money situations (Fournette, Brown) and would be looking for real pay days. Fournette gave up the quest faster than Brown, is all. Brown's still holding out hope that some other teams will offer him clothing store prices in a year where pretty much every team is only willing to pay yard sale prices for WRs.
Yeah.
Fournette was on TV here in Tamper area last night saying he took a bit less to return to Bucs because of the team atmosphere and a good shot at another ring. Said that last year playing for Tamper matured him, gave him a better perspective and made him a better person so another year of that would be a good thing for him.
I remember him post SB effusing over Brady. Get a room bro!

So Harry can get ready for Cam's throws?

If it comes to that. But I think he's counting on his flopping act to bail him out. Probably watches a lot of premiere league.

Yeah.
Fournette was on TV here in Tamper area last night saying he took a bit less to return to Bucs because of the team atmosphere and a good shot at another ring. Said that last year playing for Tamper matured him, gave him a better perspective and made him a better person so another year of that would be a good thing for him.
I remember him post SB effusing over Brady. Get a room bro!
Yeah,

Fournette's only 26, so he's young enough to get another longer term deal next year. That gives him this year, in a possible platoon situation, to show that his perceived improvement at the end of last year was legitimate. If he can do that, his next contract is more likely to reflect that reality than any RB deals this year would have done.

people don’t get it man

I don't blame AB for wanting to get paid but man did he royally mess up his mega deal in Oakland. If he just plays there he gets tens of millions and is in line now for another mega deal. Talk about just flushing money away.

The problem with this is availability and that’s something jimmy g struggles with.
Well Jimmy G was Tommy B's backup for 3 years. You would think that the biggest takeaway Jimmy learned from Tommy is to don't scramble, stay in the pocket, and don't take a sack by getting the ball out quickly or throw it away.

It seems JG forgot this but maybe he can relearn it. If he can go back to his foundation from his first 3 years, maybe he can become the QB that BB envisioned.

The Seahawks might take a big gamble and pay AB what he wants to try and keep Russell Wilson from shooting his way out.
Based on how much the Bucs are already paying their WR and TEs, there is no way they could come close to paying what Seattle or anyone in any type of bidding war.

Yeah,

Fournette's only 26, so he's young enough to get another longer term deal next year. That gives him this year, in a possible platoon situation, to show that his perceived improvement at the end of last year was legitimate. If he can do that, his next contract is more likely to reflect that reality than any RB deals this year would have done.
Agree. If the real Fournette is Lombardi Lenny rather than regular season Lenny, it will be a brilliant move in getting paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News