PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill should be fired if he gives is #15 for Jimmy. I am fine with the second round pick. But SF already turned that down. I am not sure Jimmy can be had this year as the Niners want him there to groom the rookie they draft.

Id be completely disgusted with BB if he gave up our 1st rounder for Jimmy after only getting #41 from Lynch years ago, when he was still under his rookie deal and before anyone knew he was made out of glass

I don't believe that Bill's a fool so why did he trade JG for so little? At the time there were fans here who claimed that he was being stubborn because Kraft made him keep Brady instead. I don't believe that either.

If I'm the owner of the 49ers and Lynch did Bill a solid I'd fire him.

there is such thing as building good will... Lynch could be a GM that BB does business with in the future, if there is mutual respect and good will, that goes a long way to making these relationships work

That being said, Lynch is under no obligation to return the favor unless there was some sort of gentlemans agreement between the two, which would never be shared with the public

There is risk in using a draft pick and having them not work out (hello Easley, Cunningham, Ras-I Dowling, etc etc), but there is also huge risk in trading the highest 1st rounder we've had since we drafted Jerod Mayo, for a QB that has a huge contract and can't stay healthy.

Sure, Jimmy could be the missing piece to help get us to the playoffs, but statistically its more likely he'll be on IR before the playoffs even get here

none of those were high draft picks. high draft picks are top-10/15.

Yea true, that elite/upper eschelon of picks is top 10-15, but after that I still view 1st and 2nd rounders as "high" draft picks. There really isn't a whole lot that separates 1st rounders and 2nd rounders in terms of production and ability, with the exception of those elite cream of the crop top prospects/picks

I think its a tragedy when you miss on 1st or 2nd rounders, regardless of whether they're at the beginning or end of the round (or when you piss them away on trades like Sanu)

I don't believe that Bill's a fool so why did he trade JG for so little? At the time there were fans here who claimed that he was being stubborn because Kraft made him keep Brady instead. I don't believe that either.

If I'm the owner of the 49ers and Lynch did Bill a solid I'd fire him.
That would be terrible business on about a thousand levels.

Git er done Brucie. Tired of wife asking every day, "Is AB re-signed yet"

Does anyone have a link to the full game of SB 55? There was one on YouTube awhile back but the user took it down.

Git er done Brucie. Tired of wife asking every day, "Is AB re-signed yet"

Looks like his finances may force him to take a legit deal over another one year "prove it" type of deal. Seahawks and Ravens are in the hunt.

rofl.gif

This is the one guy who you really shouldn’t just give a new big deal with so much time before now and when the team has to get together. You’re really only competing with the Seahawks anyway.

This is the one guy who you really shouldn’t just give a new big deal with so much time before now and when the team has to get together. You’re really only competing with the Seahawks anyway.

To be honest, they do not even need AB. He would be their 3rd WR. He is a luxury for them. A great luxury who could put them over the top and fits very well with what Brady likes to do, but a luxury nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes