PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pats fan since 1960. BB's $14m Cam signing has made it really hard for me to have any interest in my team's 2021 season. Especially vs Bucs (Patriots South) excitement.
I know, I know, too early to judge, but gotta vent.
Yeah,

I know that there is plenty of time for BB and company to fix this, and Maybe they're able to fix enough of Newton's problems that this turns out to be a good move, but it really looks bad today. And that part that pisses me off the most is that it was 100% avoidable.

This has got to be a dream for Brady. A front office committed to winning another chip and doing everything in its power to make it happen while we waste another year of Cam. The juxtaposition is surreal today.

Dudes built different the patriot way right

This has got to be a dream for Brady. A front office committed to winning another chip and doing everything in its power to make it happen while we waste another year of Cam. The juxtaposition is surreal today.
The 2021 season is nowhere near to even getting to training camp, never mind starting games, but can't you already see Brady's external and internal battle cries for this offseason?

"We can be the first team to repeat since 2004!"
"I can actually lead a SB repeater with two different teams, with no team having repeated in between!"

Brady out here doing Gm work to keep the bucs team intact. I’m sure they will lose few people but if they can hold on to Barrett then that’s a huge deal.

Brady out here doing Gm work to keep the bucs team intact. I’m sure they will lose few people but if they can hold on to Barrett then that’s a huge deal.

Almost a lock Barrett is coming back dude was posting on Brady’s IG post and they still can get Capp from extending Evans

The 2021 season is nowhere near to even getting to training camp, never mind starting games, but can't you already see Brady's external and internal battle cries for this offseason?

"We can be the first team to repeat since 2004!"
"I can actually lead a SB repeater with two different teams, with no team having repeated in between!"
Sure. The guy is insatiable. That has always been his best and most critical intangible as it drives him and his team and for the Bucs in particular, it is driving their FO.

Brady turned a franchise that hadn't made the playoffs since 2007 into a championship team whose free agents would rather chase a repeat than chase money. In less than a year.

Anyone that had at least one good eye and more than 15 little grey cells would have understood that Brady making jags like Hogan look like stars in the playoffs and spending elsewhere, made the Pats what they were. The Greatest player ever also turned out to be the greatest ''I want to win, no matter what'' leader.

Absolutely delighted and fortunate to say this guy was our QB for 20 years. Once in a lifetime player.

The Bucs will likely have all 22 starters (can debate Gholston vs. Suh) signed before the start of FA. Crazy.

Lavonte David signed a two-year deal to stick with Tampa Bay, and echoed his head coach’s sentiment when addressing the media on Friday.

“I didn’t want to go nowhere,” David said, via Greg Auman of TheAthletic.com. “I have a legacy here I’m trying to chase. I’m just trying to win more Super Bowls.”

David also noted the close-knit nature of the 2020 Buccaneers, which has made members of the team want to come back.

Lavonte David: I'm just trying to win more Super Bowls - ProFootballTalk

Light just dawned on marble head here. Look at all the ex-Patriot coaches who tried to transplant what we for years called the Patriot Way elsewhere. All failed. OK, jury not in on Miami.
Compare those fiascos with what one over the hill social security candidate did in one COVID shortened season. Guys scrambling to keep the band together for a repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes