PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
2018 regular season Meeting Brady outplayed Kermit in the AFCCCG it was a wash because although Tom won the game Kermit had better stats, 2019 Kermit outplayed him although if the refs call the Nkeal Harry touchdown who knows what could've happened. As of this year yeah Kermit outplayed him in the regular season. I think all the Brady and Kermit games have been decided by a possession so we are due for a great game next weekend.

It could be good game or i could see a disaster by the chiefs. I just worry about that makeshift OL. I think the Bucs will stop the run. I expect the chefs to pass, pass, pass.

It could be good game or i could see a disaster by the chiefs. I just worry about that makeshift OL. I think the Bucs will stop the run. I expect the chefs to pass, pass, pass.
Me too. The Bucs can wreck them up front. They also have the speed to cover the LOS plays and blow up the receivers and make them fumble. They key is stopping Hill from killing them over the top. Have to think they have a better plan this time around.

My issue is that on first down, they basically waste a play smashing into a brick wall for 2 yards, over and over and over again. They line up in an obvious run formation. They rarely use shotgun. They keep AB off the field. There’s no variety. There’s no chance to for a big gain. It’s literally like a 1980s smash mouth concept. Whereas they could have a much more effective running game keeping teams guessing and off-balance and mixing up formations, motioning, etc.

Yes I find myself wondering if it is Brady channelling Josh McDaniels. Be predictable and then pull out a pass every 200 plays or so, catching your opponent off guard. If you aren't super predictable almost always on first down, you can't catch them off guard.

i'm only sort of joking.

Three man front was necessary because the Pats don't have the Dline that the Bucs do. With both tackles being out, you have to rush 4 or 5 at times to rush Mahomes and interrupt his flow. The key though is to rush smartly and not over pursue and create lanes for him to run.

I think a 3 man front is how you approach the KC offense. You are never going to chase Mahomes down or make him throw erratically. He is a freak QB like Rodgers who can throw off his back foot, the wrong foot, or be falling down and still flick the ball 50 yards downfield.

Yeah, are we forgetting how much of a head case AB is? He jettisoned himself off 3 teams last year.

This year is okay because they can manage without him and he's on his best behavior in a "prove it" year. But does anyone trust giving Antonio brown big money and relying on him for a while season?

It's a huge risk. They will pay Godwin and let brown go if his price is too high and he will go to a loser team that thinks he's an answer
Apparently Tom trusts him. That's good enough for me.

AB didn't jettison himself from the Pats. Kraft got played like a fiddle by the mediots and dumped him for PR.

Me too. The Bucs can wreck them up front. They also have the speed to cover the LOS plays and blow up the receivers and make them fumble. They key is stopping Hill from killing them over the top. Have to think they have a better plan this time around.
That kid White is a game changer at LB.

Apparently Tom trusts him. That's good enough for me.

AB didn't jettison himself from the Pats. Kraft got played like a fiddle by the mediots and dumped him for PR.

AB couldn't spend a week on the Pats before he threatened a woman via text. Let's not defend the guys behavior. The nfl just has a short memory. Tom just trusts AB because of his talent

It's why tyreek hill and kareem hunt are still in the NFL

I see that Shannon Sharpe is outraged over a story that Tom Brady would have worn jersey #7 if he couldn't get #12. Absolutely furious and frothing from the mouth...this is when he came up for air from Tweeting about 1400 times that he loves Tyreek Hill.

AB couldn't spend a week on the Pats before he threatened a woman via text. Let's not defend the guys behavior. The nfl just has a short memory. Tom just trusts AB because of his talent

Don't think anyone is defending AB's behavior, but if all 32 teams cut a player every time for making a threat, the number of players in the league would be more than halved. This is a violent sport, so...

Their behaviors are inexcusible, yes, but when you, yourself, break the law and don't punish yourself, then you shouldn't make an example of a player who did.

Three man front was necessary because the Pats don't have the Dline that the Bucs do. With both tackles being out, you have to rush 4 or 5 at times to rush Mahomes and interrupt his flow. The key though is to rush smartly and not over pursue and create lanes for him to run.
You can still rush 4-5 out of a 3 man front. You just have to disguise well and your edge players standing instead of putting their hands in the dirt certainly helps that cause.

Bucs need to play physical football. They're not beating Chiefs with speed, just dominate both sides of the line. Smash Kelce in the face, force Hardman and Watkins fumbles, strip sack Mahomes, kick Breeland out of the club, bull rush their pathetic OL on their asses. Can't try to out finesse these punks.

Bucs need to play physical football. They're not beating Chiefs with speed, just dominate both sides of the line. Smash Kelce in the face, force Hardman and Watkins fumbles, strip sack Mahomes, kick Breeland out of the club, bull rush their pathetic OL on their asses. Can't try to out finesse these punks.

Hit Hill hard if he dares to line up. Reid will then move him to the backfield and have him release from there, but the 5 yard rule still applies.

i still am trying to wrap my head around fournette having 3 drops against the packers as a running back. him and Jones have stone hands. reunite Brady and James White

not sure what his deal is with the drops, on the Jaguars he caught the ball like a maniac.. didnt he have over 70 receptions one year?

not sure what his deal is with the drops, on the Jaguars he caught the ball like a maniac.. didnt he have over 70 receptions one year?
Looks mental more than anything. He didn’t have that issue in Jax. He’s probably turning his eyes upfield too quickly. Brady is also very demanding. Going from Bortles and Minshew to Brady is like going from Mr. Rogers Neighborhood to Crenshaw.

i’ve been checking out the saints and packers forum

some of the biggest cope i’ve ever seen. can someone contact NOFALCONS doctor and get him back on his meds? imagine this guy operating a vehicle while you’re on the same road as him

some of the biggest cope i’ve ever seen. can someone contact NOFALCONS doctor and get him back on his meds? imagine this guy operating a vehicle while you’re on the same road as him
I think he is either Rob Parker or Scott Kascmar.

Their primary argument seems to be that the QB should not get credit for team success and they should be looked at mainly by individual stats,

Problem with that argument is that QB stats are not individual stats either. And not all stats are created equal as a TD with a minute remaining down 20 is not the same as one to put your team ahead in the final minute. Quality of teammates, strength of defense, weather, game situations, passing vs running for a TD, era you played in ..... all have a huge impact on QB numbers. Unless we believe that 90% of the best QB's in history are playing right now then cumulative stats (which are really the #1 Brees calling card) need to be adjusted and taken into context,

Manning, Brees and Rodgers are all 1st ballot HOFers but their failures to win enough playoff games just cannot be overlooked. Some of it may have been bad luck and some not their fault but when you play for a very long time there will be times when you absolutely have to figure out a way to nut up and win the game and they have rarely done that. We've all seen Brady turn it on late in games time after time in the postseason despite some early game difficulties or major obstacles (think Jags AFCCG with Amendola as only real receiving threat remaining) whereas someone like Rodgers just had 3 4th quarter possessions in the last game and failed to score on any of them.

I'm not defending AB's behavior, whatever that may be, and I don't want to get in a debate about it now. He served his suspension and is back in the NYFL.
Tom did more than just bring him to his team because of his talent. He let the guy stay in his home. If Tom was willing to go to that extreme then he's trying to help the guy.
Do you have any theories why AB's actions never made much news until he arrived on the Pats, his third team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back