PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it amazing that Brady was drafted in the same year as the guy Leftwich took over for at Marshall.

How do gurus see the match-ups in the secondary? Dean didn't play in Week 12. I see Dean on Hill because of his speed w/ safety help.
CD3 on Kelce. CD3 is the best CB and Kelce doesn't have the breakout speed Hill has.
SMB on Watkins. Who covers Hardman, who is a burner?

Damn, they have so many weapons.

TFB continues to break franchises, crush the hopes of opposing fan bases, and destroy the legacies of QBs in the playoffs.

One More Win Baby!

Pleeeeease send that sniveling lil biatch Nick Wright crying under his bed. He's unbearable.

honestly this is an important game for the Patriots/Bradys legacy on two fold. besides the fact of winning with a separate team and getting his 7th that will put him in rare air

if he loses, mahomes will be the only guy since Bradys patriots to win back to back. Tom brady is the only one who can stop it.

I feel bad for most of these Saints fans having to take down Brees to such a level to argue against that loser. Almost all of them fully acknowledge Brady is the GOAT. The arguments that guy makes are the worst I’ve ever seen. There are more sophisticated Brady deniers who roll out some advanced stats.

This quote...lmfao

View attachment 30035
Why do they get a Saints icon for posts and we don’t get a Pats one @Ian ?

Listening to Bucs GM Licht, who started as a scout for Patriots in 1999, say he had no involvement in draft of Brady but listened in on convos and BB was all in on Brady. BB had him projected as a 3rd rounder. I had not heard of that before, always thought we lucked out with the pick. If so, that one BB pick washes away every miss he ever had.

Listening to Bucs GM Licht, who started as a scout for Patriots in 1999, say he had no involvement in draft of Brady but listened in on convos and BB was all in on Brady. BB had him projected as a 3rd rounder. I had not heard of that before, always thought we lucked out with the pick. If so, that one BB pick washes away every miss he ever had.
Most GMs had Brady as a 3rd/4th round pick. He dropped because he split time with Henson his senior year. Bill went on the record saying when the 6th round rolled around he felt there was too much value there to pass on Brady a 6th time even though we were stacked at the QB position with Bledsoe, Huard and Bishop.

After reading the article linked at the top of the page, Brady being happy with a New team and new coach is either just being caught up in the moment or he's pretty much telling the Pats that he's going to identify as being a Buccaneer even into retirement. It's no question which team Canton will identify him with though. 2020-2021 is just crazy. Best player of all time, the GOAT, is more pumped to be in Tampa Bay for 1 year than here for 20. I mean the weather is nice and all but not a great look going forward.

This is what happens when you **** on the guy that was responsible for 20 years of your success while taking pay cuts that no other athletes would do. Than at the end when he asks for just a two year commitment you laugh him off while not having his back during deflategate

I wondered how the sharps were betting. Looks like a few ~100K bets came in on KC, but then this giant came in on TB.

I don’t think there’s any question TB is being crapped on by the public (or moreso KC is getting a two week fellatio.) Wonder what we’ll see for breakdowns by Barnwell, analytics, etc. Great breakdown by our own @BobDigital

Last edited:
@Ian - The Goodell clown nose disagree reaction! Love it!! Thank you!
LOL, I like it, less harsh than the other and a little funny at the same time. Thank you both for pointing that out :)

Most GMs had Brady as a 3rd/4th round pick. He dropped because he split time with Henson his senior year. Bill went on the record saying when the 6th round rolled around he felt there was too much value there to pass on Brady a 6th time even though we were stacked at the QB position with Bledsoe, Huard and Bishop.
I think back to my reaction the moment they drafted him. I told my my friend it was a pointless pick and he'd be cut in training camp. Cracks me up every time. :rofl: To my defense, this was back in a time that if you didn't watch he games live, you didn't see him play and had to rely on draft magazines/Kiper's boards. Also didn't have access to training camp like we do today. Lastly, they had Bledsoe, Friez, and drafted Bishop a year prior.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Ian
This is what happens when you **** on the guy that was responsible for 20 years of your success while taking pay cuts that no other athletes would do. Than at the end when he asks for just a two year commitment you laugh him off while not having his back during deflategate

How was moving on a year early ****ting on him? If anything it seems like Brady decided it was time for a change after the Pats cut AB.

I think back to my reaction the moment they drafted him. I told my my friend it was a pointless pick and he'd be cut in training camp. Cracks me up every time. :rofl: To my defense, this was back in a time that if you didn't watch he games live, you didn't see him play and had to rely on draft magazines/Kiper's boards. Also didn't have access to training camp like we do today. Lastly, they had Bledsoe, Friez, and drafted Bishop a year prior.
I remember being so mad when he came in for Bledsoe in the Jets game instead of Huard. We were paying Huard a million bucks to the THE guy off the bench and in comes Brady. Of course when he blew out the Colts the following week, I changed my mind.

How was moving on a year early ****ting on him? If anything it seems like Brady decided it was time for a change after the Pats cut AB.

He put his house on the market before preseason even started. and before the summer had already negotiated a 1 year deal where they couldn't franchise tag him as part of this deal he signed.

I honestly didn’t know Killer ran a 4.39 at the combine that’s absurd speed no wonder he’s a deep threat. Just another reason Tampa should let Godwin walk and stay with Evans, Miller, AB, and Johnson

Ranking every QB Brady has faced (or will face) in the Super Bowl:

This list:
1. Patrick Mahomes
2. Kurt Warner 2001
3. Matt Ryan
4. Donovan McNabb
5. Russell Wilson
6. Jared Goff
7. Eli Manning 2011
8. Eli Manning 2007
9. Jake Delhomme
10. Nick Foles

I would say:
1. Warner
2. Mahomes
3. Wilson
4. Ryan
5. McNabb
6. Goff
7. Eli 2011
8. Foles
9. Eli 2007
10. Delhomme

Foles was better than Delhomme. Rams GSOT > Chiefs offense. Mahomes is great but Alex Smith also was lights out with this offense. The 2004 Eagles who the Pats beat are a better team than the team we lost to in LII.

Last edited:

A couple of Patriots scouts had him as a 1st rounder. What Licht said was that Belichick was thinking of taking him in the 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes