PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i’ve been checking out the saints and packers forum

some of the biggest cope i’ve ever seen. can someone contact NOFALCONS doctor and get him back on his meds? imagine this guy operating a vehicle while you’re on the same road as him
That board really has a Goodell clown nose reaction icon :rofl::rofl::rofl:. @Ian we should have that here! Lol

some of the biggest cope i’ve ever seen. can someone contact NOFALCONS doctor and get him back on his meds? imagine this guy operating a vehicle while you’re on the same road as him
Just read NoFalcons arguments. This is one of those fans that can't be reasoned with and you can tell by the fantasy scenarios they come up with like how many SB's would Brady win with the Lions. I mean how many SB's would any QB win with the Lions.

Usually when people talk about Brady and the defenses he's had, they forget that Joe Montana "benefited" more from a good defense than Brady ever has. Montana was never even in a Super Bowl with less than a top 8 scoring defense or a defense not in the top 10 in yards allowed.

Montana's defenses in his Super Bowl runs:
81- 2nd in scoring, 2nd in yards
84 - 1st in scoring, 10th in yards
88- 8th in scoring, 3rd in yards
89 - 3rd in scoring, 4th in yards

Brady's defenses:
01 - 6th in scoring, 24th in yards
03 - 1st in scoring, 7th in yards
04 - 2nd in scoring, 9th in yards
07 - 4th in scoring, 4th in yards
11 - 15th in scoring, 31st in yards
14 - 8th in scoring, 13th in yards
16- 1st in scoring, 8th in yards
17- 5th in scoring, 29th in yards
18- 7th in scoring, 21st in yards
20 - 8th in scoring, 6th in yards

Last edited:
Their primary argument seems to be that the QB should not get credit for team success and they should be looked at mainly by individual stats,

Problem with that argument is that QB stats are not individual stats either. And not all stats are created equal as a TD with a minute remaining down 20 is not the same as one to put your team ahead in the final minute. Quality of teammates, strength of defense, weather, game situations, passing vs running for a TD, era you played in ..... all have a huge impact on QB numbers. Unless we believe that 90% of the best QB's in history are playing right now then cumulative stats (which are really the #1 Brees calling card) need to be adjusted and taken into context,

Manning, Brees and Rodgers are all 1st ballot HOFers but their failures to win enough playoff games just cannot be overlooked. Some of it may have been bad luck and some not their fault but when you play for a very long time there will be times when you absolutely have to figure out a way to nut up and win the game and they have rarely done that. We've all seen Brady turn it on late in games time after time in the postseason despite some early game difficulties or major obstacles (think Jags AFCCG with Amendola as only real receiving threat remaining) whereas someone like Rodgers just had 3 4th quarter possessions in the last game and failed to score on any of them.
Brady has ALL the stats too. On Sunday he passed the 12,000 yard mark in the post-season and reached 80 TD passes. He already took the regular season passing TD record and will add yardage and completions next year. There literally is nothing left to argue at all but for the haters there are always the fantasy scenarios like what if the Lions drafted him. :rolleyes:

Just read NoFalcons arguments. This is one of those fans that can't be reasoned with and you can tell by the fantasy scenarios they come up with like how many SB's would Brady win with the Lions. I mean how many SB's would any QB win with the Lions.

Usually when people talk about Brady and the defenses he's had, they forget that Joe Montana "benefited" more from a good defense than Brady ever has. Montana was never even in a Super Bowl with less than a top 8 scoring defense or a defense not in the top 10 in yards allowed.

Brady's defenses:
They also seem to forget to mention that defense often comes at the expense of offense. Brady had some good defenses to be sure. Better than Rodgers or Brees on the whole, but the trade off was paid for them. In his early wins he had Brown, Branch, Patten and Givens. Brown was really good in 2001 but fell off pretty hard shortly after and become a role player. Patten and Branch were okay #2 options, but could rarely stay healthy at the same time during that early run. As for Givens, he was out of the league a year after leaving the Patriots. He wasn't awful, but it's clear Brady made him and not the other way around. I know Givens got injured mid season after leaving the Pats to go to the Titans, but before he did he barely got over 100 yards in 8 games.

The point is this. Brady had good Ds, but it cost him star talent in those early wins. If Rodgers or Brees wan equally good D's maybe they should try to get by without the likes of Adams or Thomas eating up a huge amount of cash.

As for those later championship runs, how many runs was Gronk in dominant form for? The only one I can think of is 2014. Edelman would be a good WR anywhere, but he wouldn't be as good without Brady. After them what did he have in those later runs? Amendola sure, he never got over 700 yards in any season. Lafell for one run who had his best year with Brady. Even being force fed in Cincy after AJ Green went down, he couldn't equal his output here. More detail is possible, but the point is simple. You can't have everything. And those rare years when you do, you have to cash in. Rodgers and Brees fans complain that their QBs couldn't have super star offensive players without a top tier D, and when they do have a good D to go along with their star players on offense they failed more than not. What else needs to be said?

Brady's defenses:

You tend to have a better defense when you don’t have give out huge contracts to mulitiple skill players. Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Edgerrin James, Davante Adams, Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Michael Thomas, Reggie Bush, Jimmy Graham.

After reading the article linked at the top of the page, Brady being happy with a New team and new coach is either just being caught up in the moment or he's pretty much telling the Pats that he's going to identify as being a Buccaneer even into retirement. It's no question which team Canton will identify him with though. 2020-2021 is just crazy. Best player of all time, the GOAT, is more pumped to be in Tampa Bay for 1 year than here for 20. I mean the weather is nice and all but not a great look going forward.

I enjoyed those tears with my coffee.

After reading the article linked at the top of the page, Brady being happy with a New team and new coach is either just being caught up in the moment or he's pretty much telling the Pats that he's going to identify as being a Buccaneer even into retirement. It's no question which team Canton will identify him with though. 2020-2021 is just crazy. Best player of all time, the GOAT, is more pumped to be in Tampa Bay for 1 year than here for 20. I mean the weather is nice and all but not a great look going forward.

l3m370R.gif

Players aren't identified with a team when they're inducted into the NFL HOF.

I'm sure he is happy to be there. New team, great weather and if his old coach thought he couldn't do it anymore (not convinced that's really true but say it was) then clearly he proved him and his doubters wrong. And he's in the Super Bowl at home. Who wouldn't be pumped?

Saints fans sound like Colts fans with Manning. So much salt but its Ok, there is only one GOAT.

I feel bad for most of these Saints fans having to take down Brees to such a level to argue against that loser. Almost all of them fully acknowledge Brady is the GOAT. The arguments that guy makes are the worst I’ve ever seen. There are more sophisticated Brady deniers who roll out some advanced stats.

This quote...lmfao

1611938227371.png

Last edited:
I feel bad for most of these Saints fans having to take down Brees to such a level to argue against that loser. Almost all of them fully acknowledge Brady is the GOAT. The arguments that guy makes are the worst I’ve ever seen. There definitely more sophisticated Brady deniers who roll out some advanced stats.

This quote...lmfao

View attachment 30035
I can't think of a worse ending for that fanbase honestly. Brees last year, #2 seed, at home against a Bucs team they owned all season and Brady comes and literally retires him with Brees tossing 3 picks in his worst game of the season. And then after the game Brady is throwing a TD to Brees' son. I mean what a horrific ending to his career.

They also seem to forget to mention that defense often comes at the expense of offense. Brady had some good defenses to be sure. Better than Rodgers or Brees on the whole, but the trade off was paid for them. In his early wins he had Brown, Branch, Patten and Givens. Brown was really good in 2001 but fell off pretty hard shortly after and become a role player. Patten and Branch were okay #2 options, but could rarely stay healthy at the same time during that early run. As for Givens, he was out of the league a year after leaving the Patriots. He wasn't awful, but it's clear Brady made him and not the other way around. I know Givens got injured mid season after leaving the Pats to go to the Titans, but before he did he barely got over 100 yards in 8 games.

The point is this. Brady had good Ds, but it cost him star talent in those early wins. If Rodgers or Brees wan equally good D's maybe they should try to get by without the likes of Adams or Thomas eating up a huge amount of cash.

As for those later championship runs, how many runs was Gronk in dominant form for? The only one I can think of is 2014. Edelman would be a good WR anywhere, but he wouldn't be as good without Brady. After them what did he have in those later runs? Amendola sure, he never got over 700 yards in any season. Lafell for one run who had his best year with Brady. Even being force fed in Cincy after AJ Green went down, he couldn't equal his output here. More detail is possible, but the point is simple. You can't have everything. And those rare years when you do, you have to cash in. Rodgers and Brees fans complain that their QBs couldn't have super star offensive players without a top tier D, and when they do have a good D to go along with their star players on offense they failed more than not. What else needs to be said?
Another argument for Brady is that he had to become a gunslinger in some of those games in the early years. So, he did have a great D, not very good WRs, and still managed to sling the ball around like crazy (I'm referring to 2003-2007).

2003:
Indy Colts, 24 points, 237 yards
Carolina SB, 32 points, 29 first downs, 354 yards (the second highest total in history for a SB at the time)

2004:
Pittsburgh, 41 points, 207 yards, 130.5 passer rating (opening quarter bomb for 60 yards to Branch)
Philly, 24 points, 236 yards, 110.2 rating (Deion Branch SB MVP)

2005:
Jax, 28 points, 201 yards, 116.4 rating
Denver, 341 yards in a loss, threw two key interceptions, the Ben Watson/Champ Bailey play

2006:
Jets, 37 points, 212 yards, 101.6 rating
Chargers, 24 points, 280 yards, 3 INTs, huge upset victory, Troy Brown strips the ball on an INT to seal game, "Lights Out" on the Chargers logo
Colts, 34 points, 242 yards, still the worst loss in Patriots history since Raiders 1976. Game was stolen.

2007:
Jax, 26 completions-28 attempts, 262 yards, 141.4 rating (Brady broke NFL records for consecutive completions this game)
San Diego, 21 points, 209 yards, below 10 degrees temps during game (Brady declares on the stadium mic, just minutes after final whistle, "Sorry I sucked.")
Giants, 266 yards, 82.5 rating (second worse loss in Patriots history since Oakland 1976).

I look at these playoff performances and I conclude that during the years in which the Patriots D was stellar, Brady was slinging it in 7 out of the 12 playoff games they played, including in 2 of the Super Bowls.

Last edited:
Some fun facts from Yahoo Sports. Bucs need to score 30+, Gronk needs a TD, SMB needs an INT. Fact #10 says this is Bucs year. Just win baby.

20210129_121616.jpg
20210129_121603.jpg20210129_121547.jpg20210129_121528.jpg20210129_121510.jpg20210129_121453.jpg20210129_121433.jpg20210129_121415.jpg20210129_121357.jpg

I feel bad for most of these Saints fans having to take down Brees to such a level to argue against that loser. Almost all of them fully acknowledge Brady is the GOAT. The arguments that guy makes are the worst I’ve ever seen. There are more sophisticated Brady deniers who roll out some advanced stats.

This quote...lmfao

View attachment 30035
this guy was pretty much arguing that Simms and Brees are better super bowl quarterbacks than Brady

This is really pretty similar to Manning in Denver, about the same timeframe, too.

Kaufman believes it came down to this: Tampa Bay's offensive brain trust decided to give Brady full autonomy.

"I think there was a summit meeting with Arians, Brady, (offensive coordinator Byron) Leftwich and Clyde Christensen, the quarterbacks coach (about), 'What are we doing here?' " Kaufman said. "And I think -- very wisely on Arians' part -- he said, 'Tom, what do you like and what don't you like, and we're going to go with what you like.'

"That's the smart thing to do. They say coaches coach and players play. You make the exception for Tom Brady. He has proven it over two decades. He's got the rings.

"I think they totally re-wired the offense to Brady's specifications, and the results have been spectacular."

TFB continues to break franchises, crush the hopes of opposing fan bases, and destroy the legacies of QBs in the playoffs.

One More Win Baby!

Pleeeeease send that sniveling lil biatch Nick Wright crying under his bed. He's unbearable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes