PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has a different style, and usually you don't like to see coaches blame someone on the podium. With that said, Brady seems like he has an edge since the offense started losing players last year, and it'd probably work in his benefit if he wasn't projecting an aura of anger every single game. Also will wear out his welcome quickly if he's "grumpy tom" 24/7. So In this instance, I dont think a come to earth moment is a bad thing for him.

I tend to think Brady has been the same guy for 20 years. Chewing people out, yelling at refs, happy go lucky with teammates. They don't call him Psycho Tom for nothing.

Says the guy with TommyBrady12 as his user name and the TB12 emblem as his avatar?

So just because I like him doesn't mean I'm his lapdog like some on here :rolleyes:

Well first, you don't ahve to yell.... it is ok, they were drafted here and spento most of their carrers in NE, but guess what? they are not longer playing for us anymore... They preferred the gold and didn't like it the patriots way no more... and that's ok. they were ready to move on... as I'm ready to move on, past 2 players who preferred to go elsewhere and continue supporting my team.. YOU ARE WELCOME

Do you even realize Brady played for the Patriots for 20 years?

How old are you? I'm not asking because I think your post was immature, but because I want to measure how much 20 years means to you. For me, I started watching the Patriots in 1976. I was born in the 1960s, I'm in my 50s. Effectively, Tom Brady has been the QB for almost half of the entire time I've been watching football, and I started watching when I was a little kid.

You're asking me to not take an intense interest in not only the player I've most admired for half my life, but the greatest player in any sport in New England history, and one of maybe 4 or 5 great players in the history of American sport.

My answer is NO. I am going to intensely root for him because I'm a huge Brady admirer and I always will be (unless he goes on a shooting spree). & not only that, I'm probably the exact fan that the Patriots really want, someone who bought tickets and went to games in the Erhardt year, bought tickets and attended games in the Rust and McPherson years. I have sat through 1-15 seasons, and continued to watch each and every game, living and dying by the Patriots. I still say that 2-14 1981 team was snakebitten, the unluckiest team in NFL history, should've been 10-6!

Anyway, true Patriot fans can keep rooting for Tom Brady because there was never ever ever a truer Patriot.

Last edited:
Same TB12, only older. "Weaponz" was supposed to change things. Football was supposed fun again, no more of that heavy discipline stuff slowing us down. End result is TB12 missing a bunch of throws, his new weaponz running poor routes, TB12 fixating on favorites and icing out others who are open and of course the general lack of discipline all Arians teams have.

How does time fix all this, especially with Arians throwing TB12 and others under the bus and Gronk having lost his breakaway speed?

It's not a victory lap. I was hoping to see TB12 enjoying himself playing good football and adapting to new circumstances, but he looks like the same grumpy and under-productive guy we saw last year.

Week 1

Do you even realize Brady played for the Patriots for 20 years?

How old are you? I'm not asking because your post was immature, but because I want to measure how much 20 years means to you. For me, I started watching the Patriots in 1976. I was born in the 1960s, I'm in my 50s. Effectively, Tom Brady has been the QB for almost half of the entire time I've been watching football, and I started watching when I was a little kid.

You're asking me to not take an intense interest in not only the player I've most admired for half my life, but the greatest player in any sport in New England history, and one of maybe 4 or 5 great players in the history of American sport.

My answer is NO. I am going to intensely root for him because I'm a huge Brady admirer and I always will be (unless he goes on a shooting spree). & not only that, I'm probably the exact fan that the Patriots really want, someone who bought tickets and went to games in the Erhardt year, bought tickets and attended games in the Rust and McPherson years. I have sat through 1-15 seasons, and continued to watch each and every game, living and dying by the Patriots. I still say that 2-14 1981 team was snakebitten, the unluckiest team in NFL history, should've been 10-6!

Anyway, true Patriot fans can keep rooting for Tom Brady because there was never ever ever a truer Patriot.
you said it.. it PLAYED... no longer play for us... I started rooting for the Pats in 85 just to satisfy your curiosity.. and as I said, he is the one who left and moved on.. He did great things here, nobody is even questioning his legacy, but he is not here anymore. I don't see why we shouldn't move on as well..
So you said my post was immature.. well i'm really sarcastic.. and if asking to move on is immaturity, i'm guilty then... All I'm asking os to have this conversations in a bucs foerum not in a New England.. they don't longer play for us... Even it wouldn't bother if this is outside the main forum.. I think there are more exicting things to talk about the team other that 2 players who decided to play for a different team and no longer wanted to play for us.. my 0.002

Did not read 32 pages of this thread sorry if this has been already posted/discussed.

On Zolak and Bertram this AM hear Arians post game press conference and he threw #12 under the bus for both interceptions, that never happened in NE with grouchy old BB did it Tom?? Wonder if it upset Gisele???

Bruce Arians put both interceptions on Brady. Said on that first one, Mike Evans read the coverage right but Brady did not. #Buccaneers As for the pick-six? Arians plainly described it as a "bad decision" by the 43-year-old.

Last edited:
Quite frankly I think Tom knew what he was signing up for in terms of Arians' blowhard nature and I don't think it will bother him that much. What will drive him absolutely insane is the other theme of Bruce Arians teams keeps showing up.. lack of discipline and focus.

The fourth down that Vita Vea screwed up and jumped is the perfect microcosm of Arians' coached teams.

The bigger concern is if Arians sticks to his offense of everyone running vertical routes with no spacing whatsoever

My takes from yesterday:
  • Arians' offense is not suited for Brady's skill set and definitely not that o-line's. Brady can throw vertical, but it isn't his game.
  • That o-line is going to get Brady killed. They are worse than the Pats' last year based on the one game sample.
  • Gronk looks done. He has no strength or speed. He couldn't get off the blocks on the line and he couldn't shed coverage. He may not even be a good decoy this year if he plays like this going forward.
  • I felt Brady was on the decline last year. So far nothing has convinced me otherwise. A QB like Brady isn't going to decline like a Marino or Peyton Manning, his decline will be far more subtile. He doesn't rely on his arm strength as much. I think his reads are a tick slower at times and his ability to step up is not as good.

Brady's vertical throws were excellent yesterday. I've always said he just needed great downfield WRs, which he has never ever had outside of Randy Moss.

Are you forgetting the Marshall Newhouse and Karras nightmare from last year? I think Brady had a bad game but he got some time to throw. Much better than anything he saw last year.

you said it.. it PLAYED... no longer play for us... I started rooting for the Pats in 85 just to satisfy your curiosity.. and as I said, he is the one who left and moved on.. He did great things here, nobody is even questioning his legacy, but he is not here anymore. I don't see why we shouldn't move on as well..
So you said my post was immature.. well i'm really sarcastic.. and if asking to move on is immaturity, i'm guilty then... All I'm asking os to have this conversations in a bucs foerum not in a New England.. they don't longer play for us... Even it wouldn't bother if this is outside the main forum.. I think there are more exicting things to talk about the team other that 2 players who decided to play for a different team and no longer wanted to play for us.. my 0.002

I said it WASN'T immature

I can't root for a guy for half my life and then forget about it like it was yesterday--especially since Tom is the greatest in every possible way. Moving on from Bledsoe is one thing, moving on from Brady is quite another.

Well first, you don't ahve to yell.... it is ok, they were drafted here and spento most of their carrers in NE, but guess what? they are not longer playing for us anymore... They preferred the gold and didn't like it the patriots way no more... and that's ok. they were ready to move on... as I'm ready to move on, past 2 players who preferred to go elsewhere and continue supporting my team.. YOU ARE WELCOME
I AINT YELLIN, THIS IS JUST HOW I TALK. HAVE YOU SEEN ANY OF MY MOVIES? DEEP BLUE SEA? A SHARK ATE ME

but seriously I was using sarcastafont at you but it's more than just you I was addressing, it's meant for everyone who just hatse seeing all the Bucs/Brady stuff around here. Like I am probably more in your camp of just not really caring about the Bucs or those two since they're not on the Pats anymore BUT...I get it. I get why people still want to follow them closely and want to know how things are faring for Brady and Gronk. It's a pretty natural thing imo

Brady's vertical throws were excellent yesterday. I've always said he just needed great downfield WRs, which he has never ever had outside of Randy Moss.

No they weren't. Enough with the excuses. The guy's 43. It has nothing to do with his receivers, especially in Tampa.

but seriously I was using sarcastafont at you but it's more than just you I was addressing, it's meant for everyone who just hatse seeing all the Bucs/Brady stuff around here. Like I am probably more in your camp of just not really caring about the Bucs or those two since they're not on the Pats anymore BUT...I get it. I get why people still want to follow them closely and want to know how things are faring for Brady and Gronk. It's a pretty natural thing imo
And that's fine if anybody wants to follow them, but why here? my point is, this one doesn't belong here.... this post is a bucs discussion.. even talking about Arians tactics amd sht....

Quite frankly I think Tom knew what he was signing up for in terms of Arians' blowhard nature and I don't think it will bother him that much. What will drive him absolutely insane is the other theme of Bruce Arians teams keeps showing up.. lack of discipline and focus.

The fourth down that Vita Vea screwed up and jumped is the perfect microcosm of Arians' coached teams.
Tom knew he was signing up for $25M from one of the few teams that had an starter's job available and was OK with signing a 43 year old quarterback. It wasn't like he had a lot of choices on what to sign up for. He wanted a chance to be the man, and he took the only offer that let him preserve his ego.

It's one thing to have a blowhard as a team leader, it's another one who creates a culture of blame versus a culture of responsibility.

Yeah well you aren't objective. He has his good moments and his bad moments as any older QB will. Montana took the Chiefs to the playoffs, but nobody would say that was vintage Montana. Thus, the same will happen in Tampa Bay with the additional problems of a coach who airs his stuff out publicly and teammates that have played for years in a carefree city and coaches.

180 complete degree shift from what he was used to and lived in. This won't be easy due to age, diminishing skills, teammates who are not used to accountability etc.

Maybe Mike Evans cannot run the proper routes. I distinctly remember a play against the Jets about 4 years ago. Jets were playing a zone, and Edelman ran down the field 25 yards or so and stopped, turned around and the ball as there. Brady knew exactly where he would be and the ball was out when he was halfway there.

He will not have that in Tampa. How many WRs have come through that failed here because they couldn't live up to his standards. Moss is an all timer so he was an outlier. Mike Evans is not Randy Moss. Names don't mean anything when the game starts.

Just a question: has any WR come here then failed to connect with Tom, moved on to another team and done even marginally well?

I mean I can name a huge number of WRs that played well with Tom and then moved on to another team and were never heard from again.

There are only a couple of guys who came in, worked well with Brady, then did well with their next teams: Welker, Cooks and Amendola.

Seriously: David Givens, Deion Branch, David Patten, Reche Caldwell, Jabar Gaffney, Donte Stallworth, Brandon Lloyd, Brandon LaFell, Kendall Thompkins, Chris Hogan, etc. They went on to other teams and didn't do much.

Now reverse this process and think of the guys who couldn't connect with Brady: all the draft pick busts from Bethel Johnson on, Chad Jackson, Josh Boyce, Aaron Dobson, Taylor Price -- none of these guys went on to do anything good in the NFL.

Now look at all the FA signings who didn't mesh with Tom: Chad Johnson, Charles Johnson, Torrance Small, Donald Hayes, Dedric Ward, Fred Coleman, David Terrell, CJ Jones, Kelley Washington, Joey Galloway, Greg Lewis, Torrey Holt, Anthony Gonzalez, Austin Collie, Donald Jones, Michael Floyd, Corey Coleman, Eric Decker, Jordan Matthews, etc.

This really tells me that we've been in the bargain basement at Filene's looking in the bins for the left shoe and we always end up finding some mismatched size that no one else wants.

And that's fine if anybody wants to follow them, but why here? my point is, this one doesn't belong here.... this post is a bucs discussion.. even talking about Arians tactics amd sht....
Well it's easy, that's because Pats fans can relate to us better than Bucs fans would. Bucs forums aren't gonna be the past place to talk about Belichick, or how Brady played and acted his last couple years here vs today in Tampa. Or compare and contrast a Cam Newton offense with our weapons vs Brady with similar (if not better) options last year. It just is what it is

No they weren't. Enough with the excuses. The guy's 43. It has nothing to do with his receivers, especially in Tampa.

You didn't even bother watching the game if you thought his downfield throws were bad. I just listened to the NFL Network where Jim Miller said he was deadly accurate on 6 of the 7 heaves he threw.

Just because they didn't show up in his stats doesn't mean they didn't have a big impact since 3 of those balls caused DPIs.

Well it's easy, that's because Pats fans can relate to us better than Bucs fans would. Bucs forums aren't gonna be the past place to talk about Belichick, or how Brady played and acted his last couple years here vs today in Tampa. Or compare and contrast a Cam Newton offense with our weapons vs Brady with similar (if not better) options last year. It just is what it is
Well then move this thread to the PUB section of the forum and evreybody would be much happier... this post doesn't belong here...

Tom knew he was signing up for $25M from one of the few teams that had an starter's job available and was OK with signing a 43 year old quarterback. It wasn't like he had a lot of choices on what to sign up for. He wanted a chance to be the man, and he took the only offer that let him preserve his ego.

It's one thing to have a blowhard as a team leader, it's another one who creates a culture of blame versus a culture of responsibility.

Do you really believe what you just wrote?

Tom went for the money?

Have you looked around at what NFL QBs are paid?

Have you followed his career at all?

Brady went for the money!!!!

Unreal.

Well then move this thread to the PUB section of the forum and evreybody would be much happier... this post doesn't belong here...

you know what make me a mod and i got you covered ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back