PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bucs next 3 games:

Panthers
@Broncos
Chargers

Now, the Bucs still have to get on the same page, and the travel miles are brutal, but those are 3 winnable games.

The Patriots next 3 games:

@Seahawks
Raiders
@Chiefs

Now, I'm not saying this will happen, but the Patriots could certainly lose all 3 of those game and be 1-3. And 2-2 is probably a winning first 1/4 season in BB's eyes.

So we've got a bunch of people acting like fools over one unbalanced week (Patriots played a bad-to-mediocre team, at home: Bucs played an excellent team, on the road), when we could see a complete reversal of team fortunes over the next couple of weeks. I don't see that, because I think the Bucs will need more time to gel, but there's no question that it could happen.
I would be ecstatic were we (Patriots) 2-2 after those opponents. 1-3 would be tough to take but it depends on how our players develop.
Bucs SHOULD beat Panthers a known quantity but I have scant respect for Bucs HC.

One of the PFT comments got my attention and tbh it felt the same way to me. I never thought the Saints were really in jeopardy of losing that game even when it was closer in the second half.

View attachment 28598

The saints should be one of the two teams in the NFC championship game. I think the saints were a safe pick for this game, as they have actual cohesion, a better coach, and they've been knocking on the super bowl door for years. I didnt feel tampa would come back, but the "only able to throw a pick six when the game was on the line," comment doesn't make sense -- it was the beginning of the third quarter.

Arians publicly blamed Brady. What an a**hole.

That is how other teams do it, but honestly, Brady could use some criticism on that. Then again, he's learning that Michael Evans is not Randy Moss or Julio Jones.

Brady is still testing these guys.

Evans immediately held up 2 fingers as though he's saying you threw it into a space where there were 2 guys.

Brady is thinking, "My stud WR will go up and snatch that like Randy or Julio or a young Gronk."

Not so Tom.

By the way, I've always liked Gronk a lot, but I felt pretty bad for him yesterday. He has lost it.

Saints are way ahead of the Bucs ...
Too much is being read into this game.

And Dolphins don't look much better than last year, so too much is being read into the Pats victory too. :)

If the Buccaneers can get the turnovers - and what I consider to be turnover type plays - under control they will be a damn decent team. They had five such plays yesterday, and I don't believe the Saints had any until they turned it over on downs with 20 seconds to go.

These types of plays killed them all last year. It's a miracle they went 7-9. But apparently it takes more than a new QB to get rid of those.

Bucs defense was quite impressive. Brady and the offense will surely improve, but Brady is 43 years old is unlikely to finish the season uninjured.

Arians treating Brady like he's Johhny F***ing Foxboro.

I'd like Brady to do well, but at what point do we accept that this may be what brady is now? Still a very good QB, but not the guy to carry the team on his arm. Honestly his game yesterday was nothing different than we have seen the last 2 years. Only difference is last 2 years we blamed the lack of receivers, and now we are blaming that it is a new team.

maybe he gets it together and tosses 3-4 TD's a week. Or maybe he has flashes of greatness, some good games, some bad games....afterall he is 43 years old. All I know is if he keeps taking hits like he did yesterday he might end up getting hurt. But that's bruce arians offense...

My point is exactly that. Brady is old that’s a fact. i think Brady is still good but his skill has diminished and now he needs to have talent around him more than before. There is no shame to recognize that. But people here expect the same from him at 43 than at 30. That’s unrealistic.

The positive for TB is that it was still only a one score game in the 4th quarter playing a very sloppy game against a well oil saints team that had almost everything going for them.

Arians publicly blamed Brady. What an a**hole.

He has a different style, and usually you don't like to see coaches blame someone on the podium. With that said, Brady seems like he has an edge since the offense started losing players last year, and it'd probably work in his benefit if he wasn't projecting an aura of anger every single game. Also will wear out his welcome quickly if he's "grumpy tom" 24/7. So In this instance, I dont think a come to earth moment is a bad thing for him.

I figured this thread would draw out the hardos but I dint think they'd be this dense.

What did you think was going to happen with this thread hosted on a Pats board? I'm sure there will be rampant triumphalism if the Bucs end up doing well and the Pats do poorly.

WELL YOU SEE. THE GOAT QB AND GOAT (ARGUABLY) TE WERE DRAFTED BY NEW ENGLAND AND PLAYED HERE A SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNT OF TIME, AND GAVE US 3 SUPER BOWLS SINCE THEY BOTH PLAYED FOR US. SO, SINCE THEY'RE PLAYING FOR TAMPA BAY WE HAVE A THREAD APTLY NAMED THE TAMPA BAY THREAD TO DISCUSS THESE FORMERLY NEW ENGLAND ALL-TIME GREATS.

YOU'RE WELCOME.
Well first, you don't ahve to yell.... it is ok, they were drafted here and spento most of their carrers in NE, but guess what? they are not longer playing for us anymore... They preferred the gold and didn't like it the patriots way no more... and that's ok. they were ready to move on... as I'm ready to move on, past 2 players who preferred to go elsewhere and continue supporting my team.. YOU ARE WELCOME

At least brady didn't lose to Gardner Minshew and a team that traded away their best defensive player a week ago :ninja:
I liked Minshew last year, and I continue to like him this year. 19 of 20 for 3 TDs and no picks against a pass rush that sacked him 4 times is pretty damned good, no matter who you're playing.

The arm strength was there especially on the throws you mentioned downfield.

He made a huge error throwing that out and it wasn't a matter of arm strength. There was more than one defender there sitting on that. A horrible decision.

Maybe it is me but It seems that he threw a lot more INTs on this kind of out the past few years more than before. The pick 6 against Miami last year was the same kind of throw, same in the SB against the Rams in 2018.

maybe it is not arm strength, but I think he lost accuracy on this kind of throw

I liked Minshew last year, and I continue to like him this year. 19 of 20 for 3 TDs and no picks against a pass rush that sacked him 4 times is pretty damned good, no matter who you're playing.
Agreed. Love his composure, leadership & football IQ.

Jesus, I hate Arians. Just why? Why??

A**hole after the game should have said what BB (or any other sensible coach) would say: "I need to look at the game film". That he immediately and unusually went to criticizing Brady in public suggests there's some tension between them.

A**hole after the game should have said what BB (or any other sensible coach) would say: "I need to look at the game film". That he immediately and unusually went to criticizing Brady in public suggests there's some tension between them.

It‘s just par for the course for Arians. He does this all the time with all players.

Why do you care?

I follow the NFL, and I’m rooting for Brady to succeed. The Arians thing has been a fascination of mine since he signed there; couldn’t be a bigger contrast at head coach.

Defenders are still going after Gronk's legs/knees to take him down. Did you see his face after he took a shot at knee level and then got up a little bit slowly? His expression said "Not this sh*t again". A few more of those and he may re-retire.

Gronk's contract includes a $750,000/game roster bonus. He is not going to retire with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back