PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't get too excited for players who opted out. I wonder how many opt outs were picked in the 1st round. Less than a handful I would guess.

Bucs must have picked Tryon for his potential to be a starter in 2022 with 2021 a learning year.

Looks like the new draft pick wasn’t happy about Brady shredding his hometown Seahawks in the Super Bowl

View attachment 32485

So this kid was 15 when he tweeted this. I don't know what's more amazing. That TB12 was about to win his 4th SB ring when this was tweeted, or this kid will be teammates with TB12 as Tom goes for his second 4th SB ring and lap Bradshaw and Montana.

Usually we get the post-draft press conferences and we know that the GMs and coaches are full of ****. I can actually buy Licht's comments, though.

“We had a pretty good sense of who was going to come off and who was going to be there,” Bucs General Manager Jason Licht said, via Greg Auman of TheAthletic.com. “He was the top guy we had when we picked. He was over guys that had been picked. If we walked away and got Joe Tryon, we were going to be elated.”

Jason Licht "elated" to select Joe Tryon - ProFootballTalk

Being able to draft BPA, or at least mostly BPA, combined with the overall weakness of the edge position in this year's draft, makes his restrained response at least believable.

Tryon is a more athletic chandler jones. He’s a great fit in a 3-4 defense.

Big night for the new draftee

I have absolutely no doubt that Brady gets off seeing stuff like this and will bring it up with him to mess with him.
For sure. Brady loves to give that edge to his teammates.

I’m very happy that it never happened because he is a really really bad guy off the field but if Suggs ever somehow ended up on the Pats later in his career I have ZERO doubts he’d have come out saying how Tom is this great guy. That is what always happens.

Usually we get the post-draft press conferences and we know that the GMs and coaches are full of ****. I can actually buy Licht's comments, though.

Jason Licht "elated" to select Joe Tryon - ProFootballTalk

Being able to draft BPA, or at least mostly BPA, combined with the overall weakness of the edge position in this year's draft, makes his restrained response at least believable.
Following up on this. It really does seem as if Licht was playing it straight.

“I know the Buccaneers were interested,” Tryon said. “They interviewed me several times. They told me if I was there at 32, they were going to pick me.”

Happy Birthday, Joe Tryon! - JoeBucsFan.com

And they took no time sending the pick in pick was in while they were showing highlights of the kid before hand.
I think it may have been the 2nd fastest of the night behind the Lions.

Don’t think it’s possible to hate a draft pick more than the 2021 Tampa Bay Bucs burning a second rounder on Kyle Trask. I don’t know much about Task but hate the idea of drafting a potential backup QB here. They’re always an injury away from a crisis at every position...so any idea that a potential impact player has less value to this team is a foolish one.

Don’t think it’s possible to hate a draft pick more than the 2021 Tampa Bay Bucs burning a second rounder on Kyle Trask. I don’t know much about Task but hate the idea of drafting a potential backup QB here. They’re always an injury away from a crisis at every position...so any idea that a potential impact player has less value to this team is a foolish one.
Yeah, I'm not really feeling it so far for Tampa's pick. On the other hand, the Pat's are killing it.

Sort of a reverse situation from last year between these 2 teams in terms of draft position. Last year TB was hitting home runs. This year it's NE turn.

What an absolutely brutal pick. I've had the feeling they were going to take Trask for a month or two now, but was still holding out hope that they wouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents