PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
DJ was supposed to be a malcontent locker room cancer in Phoenix. And Rick Robey was supposed to be that great big man that Parish and McHale turned out to be.
Not related to anything here, but that reminds me of how hilarious Johnny Most was.

He always talked about how dirty DJ was, the usual stuff about an opposing player blah blah blah. Then the day of the trade he was talking about how much he loved DJ and suddenly Robey was the “baby-faced assassin.” Loved that guy.

It was a funky stretch.

Bruschi's stroke in 2005, paired with Johnson's concussion related retirement
Team sick for AFCCG in 2006
Brady injured before 2007 SB, Neal injured early in the game
Brady lost to injury in 2008
Brady rehabbing from injury in 2009, Welker pops ACL at end of regular season
Brady injured during 2011 SB
Receiving corps injured thoughout 2013
And Mankins played on a torn ACL in the 2011 Superbowl. Though it was supposedly torn most of that season.

It was a funky stretch.

Bruschi's stroke in 2005, paired with Johnson's concussion related retirement
Team sick for AFCCG in 2006
Brady injured before 2007 SB, Neal injured early in the game
Brady lost to injury in 2008
Brady rehabbing from injury in 2009, Welker pops ACL at end of regular season
Brady injured during 2011 SB
Receiving corps injured thoughout 2013
Also to add:

Rodney Harrison having his knee taken out by Bobby Wade in Week 17 in 2006, losing him for the playoffs

Losing Junior Seau to a season-ending arm injury in November 2006

Sammy Morris having a chest injury in 2007 in Week 6 in Dallas that ended his season, when he was their leading rusher up to that point, an underrated loss for their running attack

Also Brady played through the end of the 2005 season with a sports hernia

Also to add:

Rodney Harrison having his knee taken out by Bobby Wade in Week 17 in 2006, losing him for the playoffs

Losing Junior Seau to a season-ending arm injury in November 2006

Sammy Morris having a chest injury in 2007 in Week 6 in Dallas that ended his season, when he was their leading rusher up to that point, an underrated loss for their running attack

Also Brady played through the end of the 2005 season with a sports hernia
From BB on down, they've never allowed injuries to be used as an excuse.

From BB on down, they've never allowed injuries to be used as an excuse.
True, but we’re not the team, we’re just fans. It’s not our job to have the next man up mentality, that’s on the players and coaches. We don’t need to pretend that these injuries didn’t matter. Chiefs fans already know this, they sure don’t waste any time being quick to remind everyone of their decimated offensive line in this past Super Bowl.

True, but we’re not the team, we’re just fans. It’s not our job to have the next man up mentality, that’s on the players and coaches. We don’t need to pretend that these injuries didn’t matter. Chiefs fans already know this, they sure don’t waste any time being quick to remind everyone of their decimated offensive line in this past Super Bowl.
Suggest refraining from comparisons to Chiefs fans. Just not a good idea.

Tom Brady is the best GM in sports. Change my mind.

1619716061242.png

I love that in the end, the Steelers will only have fat, diva Ben, who will probably go out in the ugliest way possible. Imagine if someone told you in 2017 that AB would one day win a Super Bowl with Tom Brady and follow Brady around and take discounts to play as his #3 wide receiver. It also happened to a lesser extent with James Harrison, who to this day is still talking about how great TB12's leadership is, clearly to contrast it with the fat drama queen. Lmfao.

Pretty confident that the opinion of Brady is a lot higher among players than the general public.

Tom Brady is the best GM in sports. Change my mind.

View attachment 32438

I love that in the end, the Steelers will only have fat, diva Ben, who will probably go out in the ugliest way possible. Imagine if someone told you in 2017 that AB would one day win a Super Bowl with Tom Brady and follow Brady around and take discounts to play as his #3 wide receiver. It also happened to a lesser extent with James Harrison, who to this day is still talking about how great TB12's leadership is, clearly to contrast it with the fat drama queen. Lmfao.
And Harrison was a Brady hater - then became the complete opposite of that when he ended his stint here.

Mac Jones could be the biggest hit of the draft. He is my favorite QB simply because when they talk a lot of his pros and cons, I'm reminded a lot of Tom Brady. Won't surprise me at all if he ends up being the best QB of the draft. However, I hope he sits and learns this year at least until half way through the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes