PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bucs need to bring AB back. Does signing Bernard mean he’s not coming back? Do they trust miller and the rookie receiver to make big catches in big moments?
Miller made a ton of big catches all year and his catch vs GB before half was as clutch as they come. Just blew by King like he was not even there.
Tyler made a huge catch on third down vs the Saints.

Miller made a ton of big catches all year and his catch vs GB before half was as clutch as they come. Just blew by King like he was not even there.
Tyler made a huge catch on third down vs the Saints.

Yes but is miller and Tyler consistently reliable? We will find out. The offense should be better and gel more in 2021.

I used to give Kelce shi.t but I think it’s clear that he’s the big weapon in that KC offense. Hill is fast as hell and makes his living on the defense breaking and making a mistake leaving him wide open giving Mahomes an easy 55 yard bomb down field. But if the defense actually knows what it’s doing they can erase him. But Kelce is always there to consistently move the chains because he’s a very difficult matchup for any defense. But Mahomes is still too impatient and is looking for Hill way down field as his first read most of the time.

Barring a future change of heart, Edelman won't be returning to Foxborough, heading to Tampa, or playing anywhere else in the NFL.

There's still a chance he might be able to make a comeback after a year off. I'd love to see him come back and play with Brady.

The main reason is because I want to see him make the HOF. I think he is a longshot right now but if he can be an important contributor to another deep playoff run, it could be enough.

I hear they are going to get O. J. Howard back as well. How can one team be this loaded? Brady lucked out like Phil Jackson.

I can't remember ANY NFL team, these days, returning EVERY starter. It's possible for Tampa Bay.

Yeah....

The Chiefs time may come, but Brady's already dealt multiple kill shots to the notion of a Chiefs dynasty. So Mahomes, with that stacked offense around him, is going to have to start again, basically at step one. But, not to worry, because the media are already signing the great chants about losing to Brady twice in 3 years, but getting to the AFCCG 3 times in a row.

I think they have another year of being the AFC's best team. In 2022, it's going to be cold water to the face with Mahomes earning $40M, Kelce on the downside of his career, and a whole lot of dead money. I don't think they'll make the Super Bowl this season, though.

I think they have another year of being the AFC's best team. In 2022, it's going to be cold water to the face with Mahomes earning $40M, Kelce on the downside of his career, and a whole lot of dead money. I don't think they'll make the Super Bowl this season, though.
I think the Bills could overtake them. I also think the hangover from the Super Bowl will be massive. Talk about going from the talk of a dynastic team with a chance to 3-peat and Mahomes as the baby goat to a bone crushing beating where Reid and the offense are being questioned and the defense looked like a sieve with Brady toying with it all game.

I am not sure a heavy weight favorite has ever lost so much mojo from a single game. Maybe the Seahawks in 2014 when Butler stole their heart and soul. But the Chiefs were destroyed as bad as any team ever has been in a SB. You have to go back to the 80s NFC teams pummeling the AFC to find a comparison. Mahomes was rocked all game and Brady played like a hot knife through butter. I also think Reid may have a tough time too with the issue with his son. We'll see but how they respond this upcoming season will tell us a lot about their mettle. Remember the last team to win the SB after losing it was us in 2018. Before that you have to go back to the Bills of the 90s to find a team that lost in the SB and made it back to the SB the following year.

Bucs’ one-year deal with RB Giovani Bernard is a great value signing: Veteran minimum $1.075 million base salary and a $137,500 signing bonus. Only counts $987,500 against cap thanks to veteran salary benefit.

Sooner or later i expect the bucs to give brown a deadline. I’m not shocked though that he’s playing this game. He wants to get paid but the wr market is dried up somewhat and he faces uncertainty especially with the trial coming up.

I think the Bills could overtake them. I also think the hangover from the Super Bowl will be massive. Talk about going from the talk of a dynastic team with a chance to 3-peat and Mahomes as the baby goat to a bone crushing beating where Reid and the offense are being questioned and the defense looked like a sieve with Brady toying with it all game.

I am not sure a heavy weight favorite has ever lost so much mojo from a single game. Maybe the Seahawks in 2014 when Butler stole their heart and soul. But the Chiefs were destroyed as bad as any team ever has been in a SB. You have to go back to the 80s NFC teams pummeling the AFC to find a comparison. Mahomes was rocked all game and Brady played like a hot knife through butter. I also think Reid may have a tough time too with the issue with his son. We'll see but how they respond this upcoming season will tell us a lot about their mettle. Remember the last team to win the SB after losing it was us in 2018. Before that you have to go back to the Bills of the 90s to find a team that lost in the SB and made it back to the SB the following year.
You could be right.

After Bill solved the Greatest Show on Turf in 2001 they were never the same. The book was out and that was the end.

I get the feeling that the same thing might have happened here. That was an absolute beatdown and there's no doubt the league was paying attention to how you attack them.

You could be right.

After Bill solved the Greatest Show on Turf in 2001 they were never the same. The book was out and that was the end.

I get the feeling that the same thing might have happened here. That was an absolute beatdown and there's no doubt the league was paying attention to how you attack them.
I'm not sure that

1. Successfully focus your entire defense on stopping Hill
  2. Let Kelce get his yards and hope the LBs can limit that a bit
  3. Get to the quarterback at a record percentage
  4. Face Mahomes when he's got a tender ankle

is generally repeatable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back