PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time I've ever seen an onside kick with more than 2 minutes left in a game and all timeouts intact. The game was lost on that.

McCoy has to CATCH a ball perfectly laid in his hands in the end zone for a touchdown. He drops the puppy...."BRADY SUCKS!!!!! CAROLINA CONTROLLED THE 2nd HALF"...Do ST(blank)U ...please.You're totally embarrassing.

I was the one who said that.

I have no idea re: TE's. I don't know enough about Tampa Bay's offense, their personnel and playbook to make any sort of qualified comments. Flexing the TE's inline to block is a play design. Brady hasn't been sacked once so I don't quite think the O-line is a liability.

Brady didn’t get sacked because he didn’t keep the ball long enough to be sacked. The INT is coming on a pressure where a guy is uncontested in his face forcing him throw to Gronk a second quicker than expected. In the second half, he had a lot of incompletion in rush throws by pressure when had time the receiver dropped it.

if the plans by Arians it is to throw medium to deep ball. They will not be successful with this oline.

And now the Boys game.. time for that shot of Jerruh the lizard shaking his head, wondering how the hell he is 0-2 again.

To be clear, I don't hate Brady; I think he's the best QB to ever play the game and I'm forever appreciative of what he did in NE. But I think his priorities have shifted and as the petty, spiteful, bitter ex I am, I'll call him out. LOL. I kid, I kid.

All kidding aside, again - Tom speaking of his own greatness is not something we'd ever expect of him in NE so it caught me off guard. I expect you'd be signing a different tune if this was Rodgers, or Manning, or Mahomes, or Brees, or Roethlisberger, or pre-NE Newton, being quoted as saying, "It's a blessing and a curse, the drive of being great".
Personality wise to me the difference between Tom Brady and Tom Cruise is about 9 inches

McCoy has to CATCH a ball perfectly laid in his hands in the end zone for a touchdown. He drops the puppy...."BRADY SUCKS!!!!! CAROLINA CONTROLLED THE 2nd HALF"...Do ST(blank)U ...please.You're totally embarrassing.

nahhhh.....you’re the embarrassment

Nice bounce back game by the Bucs. Put up 21 points early and Carolina never recovered. Brady had 2 TDs dropped that were right in the hands of Miller and McCoy. Still, nice win with 31. Next few games are pretty easy for Bucs.

Carolina did NOT outplay TB in the 2nd half...they played well enough to LOSE.WTF is this crap? "yeah but...2nd half proves BRADY BAD!!!!! waaaaahhh...waaaah. In case you didn't notice, the Panthers are letting Fournette drive a stake in their heart.

Yeah they did. I actually watched the game

nahhhh.....you’re the embarrassment

Carolina did controlled the second half but he is right on one thing, McCoy has to catch that ball which was perfectly thrown

edit: My bad when I replied to your post, I thought it would include the quote in your message also.

I said nothing of his play.

I'm simply saying that this isn't the Tom we remember. Could you imagine Tom saying that at NE? It's a remarkably arrogant thing to say, even if it's true. I wouldn't necessarily say Tom of old was humble, but he was certainly ground ... that's not something a grounded person says.
I love it! Screw the Patriot "ho hum, everyone played nice today." He does not play for dour Bill anymore. He is great, as in the greatest to ever play. At 43, he should say it every chance he gets. Every time he takes the field he is making history.

I love it! Screw the Patriot "ho hum, everyone played nice today." He does not play for dour Bill anymore. He is great, as in the greatest to ever play. At 43, he should say it every chance he gets. Every time he takes the field he is making history.

he’s done nothing without BB

Carolina did controlled the second half but he is right on one thing, McCoy has to catch that ball which was perfectly thrown

edit: My bad when I replied to your post, I thought it would include the quote in your message also.

Brady made some really good throws including the one to McCo in the end zone, but also made some puzzling throws

Last edited:

Carolina controlled the third quarter. Bucs took control in the fourth and stomped them out.

Yeah, please do, and let me know what you think. I could be off-base but as far as I can tell the guy is completely done. I hope he's okay mentally.

They're using Howard exclusively at this point for obvious passing situations; Gronk is out there only as a blocker, and he looks pretty terrible doing that, too.

@dreighver

My assessment of Gronk at this point is that he isn't leaving the same mark on a game as he used to, in the past, but neither is he cooked.

As far as I could tell, he wasn't pushed back on a single block, that I could see. And at least once, I saw him drive his man forward.

The INT is hard to pin on him because Brady released way too early.

He did run a route well enough to draw a flag.

I think I'll give him a little more time to become acclimated to a new offense, new environment, and new role.

Last edited:
Evans will turn into what Gronk was for Brady in NE. The player with the Gronkowski name on his back in Tampa is not Gronk. He is a solid blocker but lacks anything that made him special in the pass game. I hope he can shift up a couple gears as the season goes like he did in 2017.

Fine game for Brady and the Bucs. They got exactly what they needed out of the game (i.e. a W) and will continue to work on their chemistry. At some point things will click a lot more, especially once Fournette is caught up enough to get most of the touches.

That being said this was another pretty sloppy game from both teams. The Bucs really need to get to that right gear when they get to GB in a couple weeks. Until then they will most probably be able to get by with performances like today as long as they don't totally **** the bed with turnovers and mental errors.

The Bucs defense is nasty good. Fast, strong and they punch you in the mouth. Mark Schleref compared them to the 2015 Broncos in terms of nastiness and speed.

Evans will turn into what Gronk was for Brady in NE. The player with the Gronkowski name on his back in Tampa is not Gronk. He is a solid blocker but lacks anything that made him special in the pass game. I hope he can shift up a couple gears as the season goes like he did in 2017.

Fine game for Brady and the Bucs. They got exactly what they needed out of the game (i.e. a W) and will continue to work on their chemistry. At some point things will click a lot more, especially once Fournette is caught up enough to get most of the touches.

That being said this was another pretty sloppy game from both teams. The Bucs really need to get to that right gear when they get to GB in a couple weeks. Until then they will most probably be able to get by with performances like today as long as they don't totally **** the bed with turnovers and mental errors.

Yeah, the Bucs are fairly WYSIWYG. They'll get a bit sharper with more time together, but you have a relatively talented, athletic team that isn't particularly well coached. Against better coached teams, late in the season, when things get tight, it's going to be hard for them to win games if they don't clean up the sloppy mistakes, penalties, and turnovers.

And putting aside their own mistakes, I'll be curious to see how Arians adjusts/performs against better coached teams that will schematically take certain things away, force his hand, and exploit weaknesses. Can Arians adapt his approach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes